QB Matt Leinart to Bills ??

papazoid

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With his one 18 yard pass?

I'm not saying I like the guy. His skill set doesn't fit the Bills, in the same way as Chad Pennington doesn't. However Ken Whisenhunt is inflexible. Leinart is never gonna be the qb that throws 15-20 yard passes on a consistent basis, or play that vertical passing game that Whisenhunt wants to play. A good coach would adjust to the talent behind center. Call shorter routes, rely more on the running game.

Derek Anderson has a stronger arm than Leinart there is no denying that, however his accuracy is highly lacking, and he's highly turnover prone,dating back to his days at Oregon St. The Cards even without Boldin have wr's who are good after the catch, Take advantage of Leinarts ability to throw precise short routes, and wear teams down with Chris Wells, rather than having Anderson be wildly inacurate, throwing more vertical routes and put your team at risk of turning the ball over. The whole thing reminds me of listening to wfan and debates whether Kellen Clemens or Chad Pennington should start for the jets.

In all honesty I think the jury is still out on Leinart. The guy had a decent rookie year than sat behind a HOF qb in Kurt Warner. For all intents and purposes it was a more productive rookie year than that of new wave sensation Mark Sanchez, yet Leinart is labeled a bust? I'm glad neither Anderson nor Leinart is on the Bills, but if I was a Cards fan I'd rather find out once and for all whether Leinart is a scrub, than have a known scrub like Anderson behind center.

The reason for all the ESPN speculation is the current Bills OC was the RB's coach in Arizona and thinks Leinart is an upgrade... http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5518740

OK, Chan needs to give his OC a swift kick and tell him to shut his mouth. The old adage ""it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"" applies here.

Curtis Modkins is a moron if he thinks Leinart is worth the money the Bills would need to pay him, jeez I hope Chan never relinquishes the play calling to that guy.

Edited by thewildrabbit

Let the Raiders get Leinart. After all they are in love with 1st round qb busts. Russell, Couch, Boller, (hate to say it JP too, although i wish the best for him) and now maybe Leinart. He has a slow windup. Al Davis he's all yours baby! :)

I'm not saying I like the guy. His skill set doesn't fit the Bills, in the same way as Chad Pennington doesn't. However Ken Whisenhunt is inflexible. Leinart is never gonna be the qb that throws 15-20 yard passes on a consistent basis, or play that vertical passing game that Whisenhunt wants to play. A good coach would adjust to the talent behind center. Call shorter routes, rely more on the running game.

Derek Anderson has a stronger arm than Leinart there is no denying that, however his accuracy is highly lacking, and he's highly turnover prone,dating back to his days at Oregon St. The Cards even without Boldin have wr's who are good after the catch, Take advantage of Leinarts ability to throw precise short routes, and wear teams down with Chris Wells, rather than having Anderson be wildly inacurate, throwing more vertical routes and put your team at risk of turning the ball over. The whole thing reminds me of listening to wfan and debates whether Kellen Clemens or Chad Pennington should start for the jets.

In all honesty I think the jury is still out on Leinart. The guy had a decent rookie year than sat behind a HOF qb in Kurt Warner. For all intents and purposes it was a more productive rookie year than that of new wave sensation Mark Sanchez, yet Leinart is labeled a bust? I'm glad neither Anderson nor Leinart is on the Bills, but if I was a Cards fan I'd rather find out once and for all whether Leinart is a scrub, than have a known scrub like Anderson behind center.

Leinart has shown, in four years of practice, pre-season and real live games that he doesn't have the tool set to play in this league. He cannot and because of physical limitations that cannot be taught or overcome, do half the things that a quarterback needs to do to be successful in this league.

He cannot throw downfield on a consistent basis, he cannot throw deep outs, he cannot elude the rush because he is so big and lumbering and slow (Big Ben on the other hand is big and lumbering and elusive).

He cannot get out of the way of charging defenders because he is so slow, so even when he gets the ball off his body takes tremendous hits which is why he gets hurt and nicked up a lot.

He throws floaters so his receivers get killed (I am not sure of this but I would bet anything that Larry Fitzgerald is either behind this or thoroughly in favor as Leinart laid him out to dry and he got hurt in the first pre-season game on a high pass over the middle).

It takes him so long from the time he decides to throw and when the ball gets there it is easy to defend if not picked off because his mechanics and his body is so slow combined with the weak arm. That's a recipe for disaster in this league.

That's why Wisenhunt doesn't like or want him, because he sucks. All he can do is throw a 10 yard pattern accurately.

Oh, and he's a pretty boy, spoiled, prima donna with a bad attitude. That helps a lot in the huddle and locker room.

The reason for all the ESPN speculation is the current Bills OC was the RB's coach in Arizona and thinks Leinart is an upgrade... http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5518740

OK, Chan needs to give his OC a swift kick and tell him to shut his mouth. The old adage ""it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"" applies here.

Curtis Modkins is a moron if he thinks Leinart is worth the money the Bills would need to pay him, jeez I hope Chan never relinquishes the play calling to that guy.

I doubt Modkins talked about it to any ESPN sources in the last few days. It is really funny how ESPN has modified the same report three times. The original report just mentioned that the Bills have discussed it. After the Bills denied it, they went back and updated it by adding that the Bills discussed it in the summer. Then they let their interns do some research to find a connection between the Bills and the Cards and Bingo they found a former RB coach now in the payroll of the Bills and just added a twist to the story to continue to try proving that ESPN was correct. Tomorrow the report will be updated to say that "Kurt Warner" was in the Buffalo Airport trying to work out a deal with NIx for the cards to trade Leinart for C.J. Spiller. :wallbash:

Edited by ganesh

I doubt Modkins talked about it to any ESPN sources in the last few days. It is really funny how ESPN has modified the same report three times. The original report just mentioned that the Bills have discussed it. After the Bills denied it, they went back and updated it by adding that the Bills discussed it in the summer. Then they let their interns do some research to find a connection between the Bills and the Cards and Bingo they found a former RB coach now in the payroll of the Bills and just added a twist to the story to continue to try proving that ESPN was correct. Tomorrow the report will be updated to say that "Kurt Warner" was in the Buffalo Airport trying to work out a deal with NIx for the cards to trade Leinart for C.J. Spiller. :wallbash:

This.

ESPN should just drop this. Schefter is doing such a bad job of trying to save face, he's now looking unprofessional. Who knows if it was Schefter that started this or if his sources gave him bad info. If it was the latter, I'd be privately ripping them a new one if I were him.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Of coarse the media (Adam Schefter) is going to say that the Bills are talking about Leinart because they think we are unsettled at the QB position but i think Gailey is a lot smarter than that !!

Can you imagine what that would do if we brought him here ?? Talk about instant QB controversy not to mention all the confidence & comfort that Trent has gained with the coaching staff would be gone . Let someone else have Leinart !!!!

Edited by T master

former Arizona WR Anquan Boldin is NOT surprised by Leinarts demotion....

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/09/01/boldin-not-surprised-by-leinarts-demotion/

I think it's clear now that Anderson is getting the starts because of a strained relationship between Leinart & Whisenhunt. Leinart's numbers aren't terrible - I was wondering why he was complaining, but his numbers (albeit from limited play) aren't bad compared to Anderson's. Leinart probably has a legitimate gripe.

I think it's clear now that Anderson is getting the starts because of a strained relationship between Leinart & Whisenhunt. Leinart's numbers aren't terrible - I was wondering why he was complaining, but his numbers (albeit from limited play) aren't bad compared to Anderson's. Leinart probably has a legitimate gripe.

I'm guessing Whisenhunt isn't simply looking at the numbers when making his decisions, he's actually watching his QBs play. Stats aren't useless, in fact they are vital. But w/o context, and used in a vacuum they can be quite misleading.

I still don't want Leinart in Buffalo unless it is as the starting QB for the Pats.

But I found this, I hope that the Bills take these and tape them in lockers or on chalkboards. Sometimes the, 'oh well' attitude that Trent displays really angers me.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/448683-matt-leinart-ranking-the-best-fits-for-qb-to-resurrect-his-career#page/1

to ruin the surprise we are number 1

Perhaps you're right, but I respectfully disagree. I think the kid brings a "moxie" to a position that clearly lacks a moxie on our team. I like a leader who is pi$$ed about not being awarded a starting job when he clearly has earned it.

That point I can agree with (though I am not convinced Leinert's capabilities are better than TE's) but the timing of it is wrong. It's too late and the distraction and disruption would be counter productive.

Edited by Frit0 Bandit0

Leinart's release is getting closer.....

coach Ken Whisenhunt says he has told rookie quarterbacks Max Hall and John Skelton they have made Arizona's 53-man roster.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/wires/09/03/2020.ap.fbn.cardinals.cuts.0162/

Two rookie backup QBs. I think Ken might be hitting the sauce a bit this year.

Keep in mind, that ESPN uses other reporters as 'sources'. So they will hear Sullivan or some other nitwit say something like, "Buffalo has to be talking to Arizona" and that turns into "Anonymous sources closes to the Bills have said Buffalo is talking to the Cardinals about a trade".

If you see anonymous related to ESPN which doesn't use a policy on anonymous sources to have an independent separate backup source then it ia rumor or a hunch.

Green bay did it two years ago. They are a pretty good team. Maybe these coaches know more than we fans.

GB has had VERY durable starting QBs. GB only went with ONE backup QB last year. Is that something you think most teams should try?

The Bills could never do that with Trent. History indicates he will go down at some point.

Edited by The Dean

GB has had VERY durable starting QBs. GB only went with ONE backup QB last year. Is that something you think most teams should try?

The Bills could never do that with Trent. History indicates he will go down at some point.

We're not talking about the Bills. Get over your hate for Edwards, you can't even keep a cohesive argument going. This is about Arizona and Anderson. Has absolutely nothing to do with Edwards and Buffalo.

We're not talking about the Bills. Get over your hate for Edwards, you can't even keep a cohesive argument going. This is about Arizona and Anderson. Has absolutely nothing to do with Edwards and Buffalo.

I WAS talking about Arizona...Derek Anderson is a marginal starting QB with a history of an MCL injury. If you think the Cards look good at QB you are even dumber than I had pegged you. And I think you are pretty freaking dumb.

The Trent/Bills comment was there to illustrate that the Bills, like the Cards, are NOT Green Bay. You seem to think that if GB likes someone they are good, if they don't they are bad, if they do something it's the right thing to do, etc. Different teams have different circumstances. A team with an injury prone QB and/or a team with a marginal starting QB might have to do things a bit differently than a team with Aaron Rodgers as the starting QB.

The Bills will probably be releasing a pretty darn good RB who will be NFL worthy and can help a team. When the player was drafted is completely irrelevant to whether he is good or not once he is released.

"Leinart should beware of a team that might pose the quickest opportunity for some playing time -- say, maybe a Buffalo or Jacksonville-type situation -- but perhaps leads nowhere good in terms of his long-term interests."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/09/04/cutdown.day/index.html

As if he is just fending off suitors....