QB Matt Leinart to Bills ??

papazoid

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lienarts arm is'nt strong enough to play at the Ralph when the weather turns, and the wind starts blowing, it just won't work with his soft arm. That was one of the reasons they had know interest in him when he slipped in the draft.

Lienarts arm is'nt strong enough to play at the Ralph when the weather turns, and the wind starts blowing, it just won't work with his soft arm. That was one of the reasons they had know interest in him when he slipped in the draft.

Well, to be fair, the same could be said for Edwards.

Why waste a perfectly good draft pick on a guy who hasn't proven he can produce in games that count in the NFL?

Has he truly had the opportunity to "prove" himself yet? Why take a chance on a guy like Brohm who was a second round pick, only to be let go by the team that drafted him?

Has he truly had the opportunity to "prove" himself yet? Why take a chance on a guy like Brohm who was a second round pick, only to be let go by the team that drafted him?

Yes! He started 11 games in 2006, 5 in 2007, 1 in 2009. Ken Whisenhunt has been the HC since 2007 so he's been in the same system for 3 seasons. Going into this year, his head coach does not believe he has the qualities necessary to get the team to where he wants it to go. That's pretty damning evidence. Efficiency in preseason does not tell the whole story. His coach does do not see the big play potential he wants to see. That's what we have been killing the Bills' QBs for all along. Why would we invite another QB into this situation with that reputation?

Brohm never started for his team and he was brought in to compete. He hasn't stepped up yet and may never do so.

A 7th round pick can be valuable in this league if your F.O. is good at evaluating talent. We are talking about an undrafted rookie (Nelson) making our team. Obviously, that means a 7th rounder could contribute significantly to a team. It's not always the case but it's possible. I just see Leinart as a lateral move at QB. Why waste any draft pick on a guy who's no better than the guys we have?

here's a likely scenario.....Arizona's Asst GM calls the Bills Asst Gm/Pro Player Developement(and probably a few other teams) and says "we are looking to move Matt Leinart.....get back to us if you have any interest". So, now the Bills can say we have had no discussions with Arizona about Matt Leinart.

No, we are choosing Leinart over Edwards, and I am not listening to anyone else. I heard it on WGR, so it's true. My mind is made up. Bills suck, The Toronto Bills.

Bills suck. Toronto Bills. Bills suck. And I am a better fan than you, you homers. You are all homers. Bills suck, you homers. Toronto Bills.

*standing up, slowly clapping* Well played, my man... well played.

Have you seen this now?

Shefter fires back at bills

I haven't seen Shefter with this much egg on his face in a while. What a terrible excuse! "Oh, they talked about it over the summer..." Clearly his recent report suggested that they talked about trading for him recently (since he lost his starting job), which is patently untrue, anyone even casually following the Bills would know at this point they are going to ride with the QBs they've got, especially after they've ALL played pretty well in the preseason.

So in an attempt to back track on his made up report he is now saying it happened earlier, and that's what he "really" meant. In other words, he's been caught lying and doesn't like that the Bills called him on it. He better watch it or something small like this where he is trying to jump out in front of everyone is going to ruin him

Have you seen this now? Shefter fires back at bills I haven't seen Shefter with this much egg on his face in a while. What a terrible excuse! "Oh, they talked about it over the summer..." Clearly his recent report suggested that they talked about trading for him recently (since he lost his starting job), which is patently untrue, anyone even casually following the Bills would know at this point they are going to ride with the QBs they've got, especially after they've ALL played pretty well in the preseason. So in an attempt to back track on his made up report he is now saying it happened earlier, and that's what he "really" meant. In other words, he's been caught lying and doesn't like that the Bills called him on it. He better watch it or something small like this where he is trying to jump out in front of everyone is going to ruin him
Schefter is a little weasel who gets paid to start rumors. Simple as that. He has 'credibility' but a few more gaffes and his 'credibility' will be in serious jeopardy. <BR><BR>Plus, the conversations between the Bills and Cards took place in the off season. That's like someone reporting that I had discussions about becoming an astronaut...when I was in first grade. Schefty should have been a little more precise as to the timing of these talks. Edited by tbonestake

Now to throw some water on the fire....Chris Brown is refuting Schefter's report, saying "The report is simply not true."

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/01/leinart-rumor-erroneous/

the Bills are going out of their way to mess with Schefter(not sticking up for schefter, just making an observation).....when he was in town recently to watch and report on the bills practice....the Bills just happened to cancel that practice.

Have you seen this now?

Shefter fires back at bills

I haven't seen Shefter with this much egg on his face in a while. What a terrible excuse! "Oh, they talked about it over the summer..." Clearly his recent report suggested that they talked about trading for him recently (since he lost his starting job), which is patently untrue, anyone even casually following the Bills would know at this point they are going to ride with the QBs they've got, especially after they've ALL played pretty well in the preseason.

So in an attempt to back track on his made up report he is now saying it happened earlier, and that's what he "really" meant. In other words, he's been caught lying and doesn't like that the Bills called him on it. He better watch it or something small like this where he is trying to jump out in front of everyone is going to ruin him

lol Shefter would rather be known as a shoddy journalist than a liar.

Arizona's week 2 game against Tennessee was nationally televised. I watched most of the 1st half. Leinhart STUNK. Didn't even get a 1st down. I went back and looked at the Gamebook for week 1. Not much better. Only one sustained drive, and that stalled the same way most of the other possessions ended, with a completed pass on 3rd down short of the 1st down. Leinhart is telling the media that he thinks he outperformed Anderson in the preseason simply because he completed a higher % of his passes, even though in general he did a terrible job of actually moving the team up and down the field. That isn't "moxie", it's acting like a spoiled brat. No thanks.

Edited by DonInBuffalo

Perhaps you're right, but I respectfully disagree. I think the kid brings a "moxie" to a position that clearly lacks a moxie on our team. I like a leader who is pi$$ed about not being awarded a starting job when he clearly has earned it.

How has he earned a starting job?

He's heading down Eklund Avenue.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I find it funny that he first brings up the Bills unlikely to trade for him because of his contract and then refers to something that happened over the summer(not sure what his time span is) how he reported that Buffalo was interested in him.

I don't want to do the footwork on this one but it would look even worse on his part if we found out HE made a comment about the bills wanting to trade for Leinart early summer and referenced himself as his new source now.

But that would never happen.