TBD would like to welcome Scott Pitoniak!

SDS

Just a little announcement...

Through Lori's help, we have been talking with former Rochester D&C columnist Scott Pitoniak about publishing his Bills related pieces here on TBD. After exchanging some emails and a nice talk, we decided it made sense to pursue this and try to give Scott's articles as much exposure as we can.

Scott has been covering the Bills for 26 years and has retained his credentials with the Bills. I hope our readers find his pieces informative and worthwhile...

Like SDS, I'm honored that Mr. Pitoniak has agreed to share his work with TBD, and I look forward to seeing his thoughts on the Bills on our front page.

And as a reminder, you can also find Scott's opinions on various subjects over at his own Web site, ScottPitoniak.com.

Through Lori's help, we have been talking with former Rochester D&C columnist Scott Pitoniak about publishing his Bills related pieces here on TBD. After exchanging some emails and a nice talk, we decided it made sense to pursue this and try to give Scott's articles as much exposure as we can.

Scott has been covering the Bills for 26 years and has retained his credentials with the Bills. I hope our readers find his pieces informative and worthwhile...

Cool.

I just read the "Cowher power" piece. I'd love it if that happened!

Welcome aboard, Mr. Pitoniak. Always liked your Bills articles in the D&C; I look forward to reading more of your work.

Will Scott be joining the great unwashed on the Stadium Wall as Tim and John do?

PTR

I don't know. That hasn't been discussed. For now, his opinion will appear in the news section.

and as a reminder, everyone is free to have their own opinion on anything Scott, John, or Tim writes - just express it respectfully.

That is fantastic. I've always liked Scott's work.

Cool.

I just read the "Cowher power" piece. I'd love it if that happened!

Cowher is generally regarded as waiting for John Fox to be fired so he can take the full-charge Carolina job, and the way Carolina is going, it may even happen this year. He and his family and his home are centered in North Carolina and that is universally regarded as where he wants to be. No amount of $$ is going to get him to come to live in f ing buffalo when the SanDiego, Carolina, maybe even Dallas and other jobs may be available for the same or more $$.. can we please stop thinking all franchises and cities and owners are equal for the same dollars? What happens when Ralph dies? New ownership comes in and cleans house. Would you take a job where you know your boss is leaving and your company is likely moving as well when that happens (perhaps to a different country?). Cowher is not taking this job. Any coach who does may end up in Canada, which has to be the last place he, his wife and perhaps school age children wants to be. I do not believe coaches want to be ex-patriots as well... not part of the job description. This franchise is toast until long term ownership and management is in place and top tier prospective coaches/players, who can go wherever they want to , know what they are getting into. Think it all the way through people ...

great, another media hack on this board. just what we needed, more liberal-slanted objectivity. :lol:

jw

(welcome aboard Scott)

It was nice meeting you at Danny's South the night before the opener, John.

All kidding aside, it is gratifying to see the "bar" raised every year as more and more journalists contribute to Two Bills Drive. Remember though, Lori is still here to keep you working hard. :P

I agree - welcome aboard Scott Pitoniak. I have been reading your news/comments in the Demagogue and Comical for decades.

Scott (SDS) - things have sure come a long way since TBD called ME a journalist, eh? :lol:

Rockpile

It was nice meeting you at Danny's South the night before the opener, John.

All kidding aside, it is gratifying to see the "bar" raised every year as more and more journalists contribute to Two Bills Drive. Remember though, Lori is still here to keep you working hard. :P

I agree - welcome aboard Scott Pitoniak. I have been reading your news/comments in the Demagogue and Comical for decades.

Scott (SDS) - things have sure come a long way since TBD called ME a journalist, eh? :lol:

Rockpile

would've been a lot more of a memorable meeting at Danny's had i recalled you buying a round ... i keed, i keed.

i'm in an HST mood tonight and the music's cranking real good, and the bartender's pouring a good strong drink. ... it was good meeting you too, "Rocky."

and never sell yourself short on the journo front. the way things are going in this business, we'll need all hands on deck pretty soon. and that's no lie.

jw