18 Davis, Andre WR 6-1 195 26 5 Virginia Tech

83 Evans, Lee WR 5-10 197 25 3 Wisconsin

11 Parrish, Roscoe WR 5-9 168 23 2 Miami

82 Reed, Josh WR 5-10 208 25 5 LSU

19 Smith, Jonathan WR 5-10 194 24 3 Georgia Tech

Vann, LaDaris WR 5-11 210 25 1 Cincinnati

15 Wilson, George WR 6-0 210 25 2 Arkansas

Price, Peerless WR 5-11 190 29 7 Tennessee

He's not even assured a roster spot but he's a lot better than Sam Aiken or Jonathan Smith. We could put a lot of speed out there. And while you surely don't want Peerless as your #1 or even #2 right now, he is damn good for a #3 or #4.

658020[/snapback]

Lee, Davis, Roscoe, PP... 4 guys who run in the 4.3- 4.4 range..

This is going to be a FAST wide reciever core......

658027[/snapback]

hell yeah it is. Between Evans/Davis/Parrish/Price thats a hell of a lot of speed and if price can regain his form of 2002 we have ourselves a hell of a wr core. This offense went from seriousily lacking speed to having an abundance of it. Hopefully these guys can step up and everett can emerge at te, or a draft pick.

Lee, Davis, Roscoe, PP... 4 guys who run in the 4.3- 4.4 range..

658041[/snapback]

He'll hit 30 this year and I think the knock on him was he was losing his giddy up....oh well it can't hurt to see if he can find his game again

At first I was like holy sh--, thats dumb.

But after thinking it through, with all the speed at WR we'll have, I like it a lot. The quicker our WRs can fly the quicker JP can get rid of the ball and not be behind that crap OL. ;)

Get ready for comeback player of the year!!!

658039[/snapback]

Maybe the Bills can re-sign Leif Larsen to play DT too!!!!

Instead of throwback jerseys the Bills are going "Throwback players"

Great concept.

What's Ernie Warlick doing?

If there's one thing I never would have believed, it's this.

I like Steve Fairchild. But....

We now have 9 receivers.

Nine.

Nueve.

Neuf.

Neun.

So which talented but unproven WR are we gonna let go for nuttin, Aiken? Parrish?

Can I get a WTF?

I never liked Peerless....

658004[/snapback]

But if you were a sports reporter from Atlanta, he'd think the world of you .... ;)

he Facts: After months of speculation, the team released Price Tuesday morning, parting with a once highly productive player who failed to live up to lofty expectations and a $37 million contract ($10 million signing bonus) after being acquired from the Buffalo Bills for a first-round draft pick in 2003. Price was told before practice and sped out of the parking lot at team headquarters in his BMW just as the team was beginning to stretch for the day's drills. "I hate y'all," Price said to a photographer, before hustling into his car without further comment. ... Reported by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Goldy Oldy Link

Whats so wrong with the signing? Its not like MArv came out and said PP would be our #1 WR. We signed a FA who has some skills, and are giving him a chance to compete for a position on the team. He performs, he makes it.

Christ people, half of you need prozac.

And i love it how VAdrawf thinks hes cool because he can make up names for JP.

At first, I had to check the calendar to make sure it is not April 1st.

After realizing that this is not an April fools joke, my reaction is: why not? I was one of PP's biggest detractors. This is low risk though. He has some talent. Maybe he learned his lesson after being cut by two teams.

We shall see.

I think this is Fairchild's design...he's going to move us to a new style of offense. It will be the 1 center, 3 QBs, and 7 WRs formation. Nobody will know who's throwing the ball, or to whom.

We'll need 2 backup WRs for that formation.

Whats so wrong with the signing?

658085[/snapback]

Lemme see...

1) he's very unlikely to make the team;

2) if he does make the team, it means we're in even worse shape than we thought;

3) it means we're probably not making a play for Javon Walker;

4) it means we're probably not drafting a WR on Day 1 to replace Moulds;

5) it shows a lack of patience, because other, younger WRs who actually have, I dunno, UPSIDE, may still enter the free agent market (Charles Rogers),

6) anyone who has seen PP play the last few years knows he no longer gets separation and has lost his deep speed (WRs near or over 30 almost never "rediscover" speed - Galloway may be an exception);

7) it means that, of the 9 receivers on the Bills roster, and the 3-4 tight ends, the Bills still have NO ONE who will go over the middle to catch passes (I said "catch" Josh Reed).

Other than that, nothing, nothing's wrong with it. FUG.

With Evans, Parrish, Davis and Price all on the team, and presumably our top 4 Receivers (in which order, who knows), it seems like the Bills are going for a much more aggressive style offense. So, does that mean that Holcombs out of the QB race? Id say yes. We all know JPs got a nice arm but im not sure about Nall. Looks like the 3-headed "monster" is already down to 2 by default

With Evans, Parrish, Davis and Price all on the team, and presumably our top 4 Receivers (in which order, who knows), it seems like the Bills are going for a much more aggressive style offense. So, does that mean that Holcombs out of the QB race? Id say yes. We all know JPs got a nice arm but im not sure about Nall. Looks like the 3-headed "monster" is already down to 2 by default

658107[/snapback]

At the very least we know we gots guys who can FLY bab-bay!

I can't see this being anything but a decent move. If you look at all the experience, or lack thereof, on the Bills receiver squad, this is a very good move to create competition. Sure PP had his ups and downs here then plenty of downs everywhere else, but bringing in a guy with something to prove is never a bad idea. It doesn't always work but it's worth the shot. I say welcome back Peerless and lets hope that he still has something left in the tank.

On a side note, if you look at the offense that Fairchild used in St. Louis, there were numerous times that they used a 4 receiver set to create mismatches against defenses with pretty good success. Sure they had Holt and Bruce but Curtis, Looker and even McDonald were all integral parts of that offense.

JP then nall , holcomb has been out from the start .

658111[/snapback]

I hope that's the case, cause Lord knows I'd rather just about anyone under center than Holcomb, but in reading the minicamp report, it says Holcomb got the lion's share of the snaps with the first team offense.

I hope they were just being nice....

A fine example of making character a priority. :lol:

Thanks Marv, for bringing back one of the biggest c---s to ever don a Bills uniform.

Maybe he can teach Roscoe a thing or two about rounding off routes, ducking out of traffic, protecting himself before protecting the ball and quitting when he just doesn't feel like playing.

Oh come on now, Mr. Cranky.

1) he's very unlikely to make the team;

So what? No skin off our back.

2) if he does make the team, it means we're in even worse shape than we thought;

I think most of us already realize this.

3) it means we're probably not making a play for Javon Walker;

He's coming off an injury and probably won't be back to form until next year, but I agree that it would be nice to have him on the roster.

4) it means we're probably not drafting a WR on Day 1 to replace Moulds;

Good! We need plenty of other positions filled on Day 1.

5) it shows a lack of patience, because other, younger WRs who actually have, I dunno, UPSIDE, may still enter the free agent market (Charles Rogers),

Not sure about this one...why would Rogers come on the market at this point?

6) anyone who has seen PP play the last few years knows he no longer gets separation and has lost his deep speed (WRs near or over 30 almost never "rediscover" speed - Galloway may be an exception);

We already have our deep threats on the team. Peerless would likely be up against a 3rd or 4th DB, which could be a mismatch regardless if he can run a 4.3 40 at this point.

7) it means that, of the 9 receivers on the Bills roster, and the 3-4 tight ends, the Bills still have NO ONE who will go over the middle to catch passes (I said "catch" Josh Reed).

True, but we didn't before his signing, so it doesn't exactly change anything.

Cheer up! All's well in Bills Country.

:lol: