Vcoach - Peerless Price signed

VABills

With Evans, Parrish, Davis and Price all on the team, and presumably our top 4 Receivers (in which order, who knows), it seems like the Bills are going for a much more aggressive style offense. So, does that mean that Holcombs out of the QB race? Id say yes. We all know JPs got a nice arm but im not sure about Nall. Looks like the 3-headed "monster" is already down to 2 by default

658107[/snapback]

IMO it appears as though its very easy how the WR are going to layout. Lee evans is number one Price is number 2 the only one on the team with convincing experience to that fact with reed as number three leaving 4/5 between parrish and davis

I also agree Holcomb is out hes getting the starting reps this past mini camp to see if he really has a shot over nall and JP, with mould gone holcomb doesnt have his cushion where JP hasd already proven his ability to spread the ball, hes just got to get better with his effiency. The race is between Nall and JP which I like Jps ability and dont know of Nall makes JP a favorite for me.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A fine example of making character a priority.  :lol:

Thanks Marv, for bringing back one of the biggest c---s to ever don a Bills uniform.

Maybe he can teach Roscoe a thing or two about rounding off routes, ducking out of traffic, protecting himself before protecting the ball and quitting when he just doesn't feel like playing.

658119[/snapback]

You forgot about the cheapshot at the end of the 49ers game...

Lemme see...

1) he's very unlikely to make the team;

Depending on whether the eye problem has been fixed...he could very well make the team.  He is a veteran reciever who has had some success.

2) if he does make the team, it means we're in even worse shape than we thought;

OR playing next to Lee Evans he could find his old success

3) it means we're probably not making a play for Javon Walker;

I dont think we ever were

4) it means we're probably not drafting a WR on Day 1 to replace Moulds;

I still think we will draft a day 1 receiver....its only a year deal

5) it shows a lack of patience, because other, younger WRs who actually have, I dunno, UPSIDE, may still enter the free agent market (Charles Rogers),

If aiken was going to show us something he already would have...he is being kept strictly for ST purposes.....we still need to see if Roscoe can stay healthy.....we know what we have with Josh Reed and it isn't star material (come to think of it...Josh had his BEST year when Peerless was on the team)

6) anyone who has seen PP play the last few years knows he no longer gets separation and has lost his deep speed (WRs near or over 30 almost never "rediscover" speed - Galloway may be an exception);

It was with another team and another situation

7) it means that, of the 9 receivers on the Bills roster, and the 3-4 tight ends, the Bills still have NO ONE who will go over the middle to catch passes (I said "catch" Josh Reed).

Agreed.....we need a gamebreaking Tight End

Other than that, nothing, nothing's wrong with it.  FUG.

658106[/snapback]

Signing Peerless is all about bringing in another veteran.....this is a boom or bust type signing in my opinion.....

I think right now Holcomb is the starter with Losman and Nall having every opportunity to step up and beat him out.

Holcomb is a known quantity. Known and limited in talent. All either of the others has to do is stand out a little in these practices and they will move up the depth chart.

Kind of like having a steady, boring girlfriend and a couple of hotties seeming to be interested. You don't give up the sex with the boring one until you know one of the others is going to put out.

Bad analogy but you get the idea.

You forgot about the cheapshot at the end of the 49ers game...

658130[/snapback]

:lol:

Oh yeah, when he punched somebody in the back of the head and then ran and hid behind his teammates.......

Character........ :pirate:

IF Holcomb is the #1 at the QB line I dont think he is going to be able to hold it for long.....

Looking at the receiving core we are not shaped up to use a "possession receiver" type game....we have speed and you need a strong arm to take advantage of that......

Losman would have to totally fall on his face in camp in order to not be named the starter with this group...and if he does then he doens't deserve to be the #1

Besides...KH is injury prone so another QB would be in there sooner or later

I think right now Holcomb is the starter with Losman and Nall having every opportunity to step up and beat him out.

Holcomb is a known quantity.  Known and limited in talent.  All either of the others has to do is stand out a little in these practices and they will move up the depth chart.

Kind of like having a steady, boring girlfriend and a couple of hotties seeming to be interested.  You don't give up the sex with the boring one until you know one of the others is going to put out.

658135[/snapback]

I think this is all a bunch of garbage and Levy and Jauron are just trying to get Losman to step up and grab the job in front of his teammates, giving them confidence in him. It should be quite easy for him to do it but they are not going to hand it to him. And Nall is there in one of three cases: in the event Losman just tanks, in the case Losman gets hurt, to keep Losman fighting for his job rather than being complacent.

I think this is all a bunch of garbage and Levy and Jauron are just trying to get Losman to step up and grab the job in front of his teammates, giving them confidence in him. It should be quite easy for him to do it but they are not going to hand it to him. And Nall is there in one of three cases: in the event Losman just tanks, in the case Losman gets hurt, to keep Losman fighting for his job rather than being complacent.

658146[/snapback]

That just makes far too much sense to be accepted here, you know.

658146[/snapback]

[/quote

Exactly right. The only reason Kelly took the lead is because they want JP to step up or down. There is no perfect medium here. Its JP or Nall. In the end I hope the kid steps up, but that is a long way away. Im even open to the fact of drafting a late rounder to see if he can develop.

2002 Buffalo Bills: 94 catches for 1252 yards and 9 TDs. Last time I saw him in a Bills uni, he was a stud. If he fails to make the roster, who cares. If he can come in and catch fire as a number 2 again, great. I really don't see how this is a bad move on the Bills part.

Gotta love ESPN's reporting.

Headline:  Price signs one-year deal to return to Buffalo

FIRST Sentence of the article:  Peerless Price signed a four-year contract with the Buffalo Bills on Monday, rejoining the team with which he's enjoyed the most success.

658197[/snapback]

:lol:

Holcomb is a known quantity.  Known and limited in talent.  All either of the others has to do is stand out a little in these practices and they will move up the depth chart.

Kind of like having a steady, boring girlfriend and a couple of hotties seeming to be interested.  You don't give up the sex with the boring one until you know one of the others is going to put out.

658135[/snapback]

Holcomb was checking down on his passes in friggin mini-camp fer chrissakes! No way that pathetic rag arm starts for us.