Vcoach - Peerless Price signed

VABills

I said less than three mil, because of the 2 mil bonus plus this year's salary, which is very likely about 750K.

659074[/snapback]

If that is the case, his 06 cap figure will be 1.25 mil.....

750 grand salary

500 grand pro-rated bonus.

Next year, the salary will probably increase. In any event, it won't cost so much to cut him, unless he is so bad that he can't make the team this year

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is the case, his 06 cap figure will be 1.25 mil.....

750 grand salary

500 grand pro-rated bonus.

Next year, the salary will probably increase. In any event, it won't cost so much to cut him, unless he is so bad that he can't make the team this year

659080[/snapback]

Right. They are not going to give him a 2 mil bonus and then cut him. They may bench him or not start him or play him much but it's almost impossible to believe they gave him 2.75 mil or more and will then release him before the games.

I would expect his salary next year to be about 1.5 or 1.75 but that is just conjecture. Even if we cut him after this season we are still out the 2.75 million in cash, as well as on the cap. Yes, he counts 1.25 mil on the cap this year but if we cut him he will be 1.5 mil on the cap next year. It's still just under 3 mil any way you look at it.

Right. They are not going to give him a 2 mil bonus and then cut him. They may bench him or not start him or play him much but it's almost impossible to believe they gave him 2.75 mil or more and will then release him before the games.

I would expect his salary next year to be about 1.5 or 1.75 but that is just conjecture. Even if we cut him after this season we are still out the 2.75 million in cash, as well as on the cap. Yes, he counts 1.25 mil on the cap this year but if we cut him he will be 1.5 mil on the cap next year. It's still just under 3 mil any way you look at it.

659092[/snapback]

I don't have the facts to back this up, but I would guess some teams have more money tied up in 2 receivers than we have in our whole corps. I am okay if the numbers for Peerless are a $1 Million to $1.5 Million cap hit for '06.

I don't have the facts to back this up, but I would guess some teams have more money tied up in 2 receivers than we have in our whole corps.  I am okay if the numbers for Peerless are a $1 Million to $1.5 Million cap hit for '06.

659133[/snapback]

I'm sure you are correct.

Do the Bills lead the league in camp fodder?

Half the roster is camp fodder - YIKES!!!!

659180[/snapback]

Don't most teams start with about the same # of guys in camp? They all wind up with the same # of guys on the roster...THAT I'm pretty sure of.

I'm no genius (well, maybe a little :P ) but, I'm willing to guess we have almost EXACTLY the same amount of camp fodder as every other NFL team.

This thread is from last June:

TSW: Peerless Price may have to retire

Since he did play (a little) with Dallas last season, the situation obviously wasn't as bad as originally thought. I'm assuming he had to pass an eye exam as part of his physical at One Bills Drive....

658282[/snapback]

It seems that report was inaccurate, as all of the articles I've read recently said it was a cornea problem, not a retina problem. Apparently, they were concerned about him being poked in the eye (which is why he wore a visor in Atlanta) because the cornea was not healed. If it had been a retina problem, he'd be retired if not operable.

In any event, apparently it did not impair his vision, but it was risky for him to play because a poke in the eye could have blinded him due to the damage the cornea was prone to suffer from such a trauma.

I doubt Dallas or we now would have signed were he blind in one eye. Hopefully, the cornea has healed by now and he is no longer prone to being blinded in that eye.

It seems that report was inaccurate, as all of the articles I've read recently said it was a cornea problem, not a retina problem.  Apparently, they were concerned about him being poked in the eye (which is why he wore a visor in Atlanta) because the cornea was not healed.  If it had been a retina problem, he'd be retired if not operable.

In any event, apparently it did not impair his vision, but it was risky for him to play because a poke in the eye could have blinded him due to the damage the cornea was prone to suffer from such a trauma.

I doubt Dallas or we now would have signed were he blind in one eye.  Hopefully, the cornea has healed by now and he is no longer prone to being blinded in that eye.

659216[/snapback]

I think it is both. I haven't looked it up but I remember distinctly that Peerless complained of (or someone reported that) he had some kind of depth of perception problem and couldn't always pick up the ball as it was coming to him as well as he should. This was after his first season and before his second with the Falcons. I think he had it corrected and then started wearing the visor. Either way, PP himself says he is fine and I would assume the Bills looked into it.