Tua holding out?

He should get paid well as he did have a good season, but he is not on the level of Mahomes, Allen, Burrow. Also, when the weather gets nasty, he seems to struggle.

This is fantastic news for us on many levels.

If his hold-out lasts through camp, he likely won't be in rhythm when the Bills play Fins Week 2.

It also increases the chances the Dolphins overpay him even more... which is great for a mediocre player.

• Like (+1) 3

Dumb for him to hold out. I'm sure Miami's FO really doesnt want to give him $50-60M/year.

Maybe that's the issue. The offers from the Dolphins are lower than he expected.

If I were the Dolphins, I'd let him walk. But as a Bills fan I hope he gets himself a big contract there.

• Agree 2

I’d take the approach with Tua that Dallas is taking with Dak. These are good to very good QBs, but not so great that they elevate the entire team. Both crumble the more the game matters. They don’t deserve to approach highest paid at the position. 

Goes to show the Shanny tree + elite skill positions is easy mode for some of these QB’s. 

Tua had one of the best seasons in football last year. Sure he slumped at the end and got embarrassed in the playoffs. But clearly the powers that be in Dolphins land were not impressed, namely because they know lots of guys would look really good.

Also, poor Fins. They do their whole tanking thing with Flores, gut the roster for picks and take the wrong QB in the 2020 class. 

Be thankful for every day we have a Josh Allen.

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Voluntary being the key word here.  

QBs normally don’t skip voluntary OTAs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I don't know who is in the tougher spot Dallas or Miami.  They have offenses that are ready to go with the qb's but the qb's because of the market are going to be paid way more than they are worth yet the team will not win in the short term without them.  

These guys are going to get like 60 a year. 

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, Gregg said:

He should get paid well as he did have a good season, but he is not on the level of Mahomes, Allen, Burrow. Also, when the weather gets nasty, he seems to struggle.

His agent has a pretty easy argument for him to be the top paid QB imo

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The constant expectation of a market reset by these dudes and their agents is going to cripple so many teams.  Tua "should" get $25-30 mil per.  Still multigenerational wealth and reflects that he needs substantial roster help to produce at a high level (and importantly leaves cap room for that help).  But he's probably going to end up at $50 mil+.

Edited by Avisan
  • Agree 1