Xavier Worthy injured during 1st practice as a Chief

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

They're already praying he catches the winning TD against us in the playoffs so the narrative goes full circle

It's such a juicy narrative--"Bills hand Mahomes AND Worthy to Chiefs!" that it will prevail unless things develop dramatically the other direction, like Coleman is the ROY and--"and," mind you--Worthy is an obvious bust. That's not likely to happen, so get ready for the storyline to be trotted out for the next several years. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Better than the steaming hot takes after the draft before any days 

Eh. Even those. 

I love the draft. I’ll never understand the “instant gratification/dissatisfaction takes though. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, finn said:

The reporters had the "Worthy impresses in first day of camp" headline ready to go before practice began and didn't bother to change it after he promptly dropped his first pass and then got injured. 

Welcome to the world of preformed narratives. 

This stands out to me, I just can't forget that clip with those drops, I mean that one he had like five yards and the ball was dropped in the basket, but apparently there was a massive hole in it. But seriously it doesn't get any easier than that on deep ball passes ever.

If he continued jogging through practice, it's probably fine. They're just being safe.

Also, let's not act like there aren't tons of practice injuries that happen to much larger players every year. 

Sorry, not trying to get too serious or anything. Laughing at the Chiefs having bad luck is fine, but I feel bad laughing at injuries 😅

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, finn said:

It's such a juicy narrative--"Bills hand Mahomes AND Worthy to Chiefs!" that it will prevail unless things develop dramatically the other direction, like Coleman is the ROY and--"and," mind you--Worthy is an obvious bust. That's not likely to happen, so get ready for the storyline to be trotted out for the next several years. 

The over/under for Tony Romo mentioning this in the first Bills/Chiefs game that he announces has to be in the triple digits.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Eh. Even those. 

I love the draft. I’ll never understand the “instant gratification/dissatisfaction takes though. 

Draft analysis is driven by confirmation bias.  Both for the fans and experts.  Draft the guys I rate high and I'll say you did a good job.   If a team follows the experts "board" and player ranking they get an "A". 

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

This thread is full of steaming hot takes. 

it’s been 1 day.

Maybe let this play out to see what actually happens. 

No freaking way, we are run with this, thru the gauntlet and out of bounds, damn it, don’t you recognize a fine opportunity for fun, 

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

https://fox4kc.com/sports/chiefs/chiefs-worthy-exits-early-rookies-impress-in-first-day-of-minicamp/amp/

Chiefs’ Worthy exits early, rookies impress in first day of minicamp

The Kansas City Chiefs’ 2024 first-round pick did not finish his first practice as a pro.

In the latter half of practice during a play during the team session, wide receiver Xavier Worthy ran a go route and attempted to stretch for the ball. After the play, Worthy stretched his left leg before walking gingerly to the sideline.

He took his helmet off but later put it back on after taking a drink and talking with trainers and coaches. Worthy jogged to certain spots throughout the rest of practice but did not take another rep.

It was the end of the day for the 28th overall pick.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952sk6yqnehh7dc7g0z41

• Haha (+1) 1

On draft day, people were saying KC fleeced the Bills.

Considering Worthy's physique, I'd say KC "flea-ced" itself, taking a junior mint version of Tyreek Hill.  Hill is NOT a slight, light guy.  He's an athlete with an athlete's body, who happens to be really fast.  Worthy will suffer with physical abuse from NFL LBs and DBs, he'll catch some long TDs and drop some others, and he won't get a second contract.  In the meantime the Chiefs waste a roster spot and the chance to draft and develop an actual NFL WR.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

On draft day, people were saying KC fleeced the Bills.

Considering Worthy's physique, I'd say KC "flea-ced" itself, taking a junior mint version of Tyreek Hill.  Hill is NOT a slight, light guy.  He's an athlete with an athlete's body, who happens to be really fast.  Worthy will suffer with physical abuse from NFL LBs and DBs, he'll catch some long TDs and drop some others, and he won't get a second contract.  In the meantime the Chiefs waste a roster spot and the chance to draft and develop an actual NFL WR.

IDK what will happen with Worthy, but you're spot on about Tyreek: The dude is a tank

Unpopular opinion: celebrating the injury of a 1st rounder drafted 28 overall shows nothing but penis envy towards the Chiefs.

We shouldn't care about him. We also shouldn't care that the Bills traded their pick with the Chiefs. If Worthy was incredible in camp or the first couple weeks of the season, sure, be upset. Until then, this is just sad to witness.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Rigotz said:

Unpopular opinion: celebrating the injury of a 1st rounder drafted 28 overall shows nothing but penis envy towards the Chiefs.

We shouldn't care about him. We also shouldn't care that the Bills traded their pick with the Chiefs. If Worthy was incredible in camp or the first couple weeks of the season, sure, be upset. Until then, this is just sad to witness.

Honestly, my initial reaction to this thread was that it was completely pathetic and sad on many levels.