Question or topic of the day - a new idea for the board

It's a good idea. Some days I open up TBD, scan all the topics and see none are new (besides some dumb ones) and leave.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Buffalo Bill, I don't quite grasp the concept. The excerpt above doesn't express to me the intention of your proposal.

edit: In what way(s) would this create a different type of thread? Is the intention to cut down on the number of threads or the number of responses to a thread? What is the benefit of implementing this?

Can you re-word for slow learners like myself?

Thank you.

There, that's a thread!  It's a thread about NOTHING.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

You negotiate all of the above with SDS - he’s notoriously tight. 

I deal with cheap people every day 🙄 

46 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

The dumb ones are usually the most entertaining

But only for a few minutes.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like the idea of a question of the day. A good time is the week after the draft till rookie Minicamp or Training Camp.

It's worth trying out. Happy to support whatever Moderators and longtime members feel.

13 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

• If there is not enough interest to get seven days of coverage the idea will die a natural death 

PM me if you are interested.  If you have preference for a particular day (i.e. you want Tuesday only) please note this in the message.  Also, if you have an alternate that you prefer to work with please let me know.

Thanks.

Good idea to try. But I think one a day is too much. Call it QOW(eek) instead and choose a day. Tuesday, Wednesday are good because there is no football on those days during the season. 

In!

43 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Everyone's favorite offseason discussion: How do you reeeally feel about vaccines?

I'll get you for this......

• Haha (+1) 3

On 5/5/2024 at 10:33 AM, BuffaloBill said:

To the TBD community - 

For periods of the offseason new threads can be limited in number.  To supplement new threads, I want to propose an idea if seven+ of you are interested.

The idea is simple:

• Early AM of your assigned day you will create a thread - the question or topic of the day
  • Identify the thread by staring it with “QOD -“ (for Question of the Day) 
  • You may volunteer to take one weekday. You become responsible for that weekday. So, if you are unavailable (vacation or whatnot) an alternate for the day will be identified.  The two of you will need to coordinate to make sure your topic is ready
  • If you want out, period, after being assigned a day, PM me and a replacement will be identified
  • A mod will pin the thread
  • People will respond in the thread as normal
  • the next day the pin will be unpinned (replaced) - posters may continue to respond as normal here.
  • To make the selection process as fair as possible, the most senior board participants will be given first dibs. Additionally, it will be my discretion to eliminate you from selection if your warning history is indicative of potential problems.
  • We will try this until the start of camp to see how it works
  • If popular enough maybe we continue it beyond then
  • If this process becomes in any way problematic for the community, the mods, or SDS it will be eliminated as a board practice
  • If there is not enough interest to get seven days of coverage the idea will die a natural death 

PM me if you are interested.  If you have preference for a particular day (i.e. you want Tuesday only) please note this in the message.  Also, if you have an alternate that you prefer to work with please let me know.

Thanks.

Make a poll already!