Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Hey I actually like the Javon Solomon pick I don't know if he has the size or speed to play in the NFL but he knows how to get after the QB

Yea think he is a sub package rusher. But I like him here too. 

• Like (+1) 2

209. Javon Solomon, Edge, Troy (6-0, 246)

Solomon has a unique collection of traits in a smaller-framed body, but he is disproportionately long with the bend, burst and motor that make him a pass-rushing pest. He can play on special teams and earn a rotational role on defense, like how James Houston is deployed by the Detroit Lions.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think youre being to detailed in trying to plug guys into other guys (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Like I said upthread, I think we adjust the Offense back to what was more successful under Dabol, and that is spreading the ball around instead of forcing it to just 1 or 2 main guys (where 1 of those "holes" is).

Coleman

Samuel

Shakir

Kincaid

Knox

Cook

Another WR will be our... 7th option? 6th at best? How many are lining up each play? No more than 4-5.

And that isnt counting the amount of running plays we need to run either. Also not counting Hollins, Shorter, or even Isabella.

I wouldnt call it gaping, other than missing Diggs' talent.

I'm sure we'll bring in a vet after guys get cut. That's all we really need at this point. Doesnt have to come from the draft.

I used comparable skill sets to make it an easier read, but you can just look at it as we lost 4 WRs this offseason and have only added 3. We are -1 on the roster. Something has to be coming. If it's a post-6/1 vet trade I'm good with that, possibly great with that depending on the player. Ideally Aiyuk, if not him ideally Deebo, if not them I guess Courtland Sutton as a baseline #2 outside WR isn't too bad. Maybe there's some other name no one is talking about. But a starting caliber addition simply has to be made.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills got their Edge player and a solid prospect at that. The Bills needed someone to come in and compete for those 4th and 5th DE rotation spots. They also don’t have any DE’s besides Von under contract long term. So adding a cheap option is good 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea that is a fair challenge. 

Lions, 49ers, mia, packers, broncos

49ers, colts, Texans, jets all did it in 3rd. 

Bills could have if they wanted to. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

No. Ed is close to elite. He has been fantastic the last two years. The numbers didn't pop in 2022 but when he was healthy he was dominating games and he did in 2023 too. 

The only problem with the Ed pick was he took so long to catch on and wasted much of the rookie contract years and he fell off in the playoffs.

A bunch of regulars go to their favorite Tavern, and behind the bar is a sign "Free Beer Tomorrow".
They go back the next day and ask for the free beer, the bartender says "the sign says Tomorrow "

That is this Bills organizations theme,   "Wait till next year" over and over again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

OMG.  Beane continuing to draft defense and leaving the best player in the NFL without weapons.  Ugh.  Can't wait to see Mahomes do yet another game winning drive in the 4th QTR against this defense in the Divisional Round. 

We drafted a WR and RB. How is that not providing weapons?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

Another LB, no CB.  McD is slipping 

Considering we were down to our 4th string LB last year in the playoffs, depth at LB isn't a bad idea.  Remember, the guys we signed in the off season are on one year deals.

• Like (+1) 1