Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

I expect we'll be in contention for the division, but the offseason moves and our draft is being played face-up. We're in no way trying to win a  championship this year. I'm actually ok with that as long as there's a solid medium term vision. That's the part I have concerns about, especially if it includes McDermott, which it almost certainly does. I don't have any faith in our coaching on either side of the ball.

We try to win a Championship every year. Otherwise why show up at all?

I think what you and others are trying to say is, we arent going "ALL IN" to win a Championship this year.

• Agree 1

We are trading down and taking the late picks because we still have to fill 24 roster spots for the preseason. Even if your out of guys you truly want big time you still want those picks because you can take them and their part of your roster instead of having to compete with 31 other teams to sign them in the UDFA process.

Its amazing how few people understand this stuff.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

LOL.  Beane getting more picks must mean he may have to use them in the 6th.

Only thing I can think of is a P and K will be drafted to create real competition in the Kicking Room.

I wish he would do that.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

Bishop will definitely start.

Van Pran will have a good chance to start, Carter will play in rotation and as the second DT on passing downs, and Ray Davis will split the load with Cook. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, HappyDays said:

But we pretty clearly are missing a WR on the roster right now. Coleman replaces Davis, Samuel replaces Harty, Hollins replaces Sherfield. There's one glaring replacement still missing. And I'm not saying I expect any rookie WR we add to match Diggs, but objectively there is a gaping hole on the roster there.

But if they want to replace Diggs surely it would be with a veteran rather than a draft player? Unless they were somehow able to draft up for one of the big three.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

If we gain enough late round picks can we fuse them into a higher round pick?

Tried it already. Apparently other teams will trade with everyone except us, since "it takes two to tango" ya know. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

What a bunch of whiners! This draft is ticking all the boxes. Offense and defense. And we’re not picking to DEs in a row for a change. 

If people didn't complain, they would have nothing to say

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We have traded back. Beane thinks this is a weak day 3. He is telling us that by his actions. He is right. But if he thought that was he not trying to get up into the 4th another time or two? Empty those other picks out..... what use are they if you think the rounds 5 through 7 talent sucks?

Did any team trade up in the 4th using 2024 day three picks? There were three trades for 2025 3rd or 4th rounders. The NFL is telling you day three picks have no value to anybody this year. So I'm thinking it just wasn't doable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

Just now, HappyDays said:

But we pretty clearly are missing a WR on the roster right now. Coleman replaces Davis, Samuel replaces Harty, Hollins replaces Sherfield. There's one glaring replacement still missing. And I'm saying I expect any rookie WR we add to match Diggs, but objectively there is a gaping hole on the roster there.

I'd recommend not thinking of it, as direct "1 for 1" replacements.  Beane is counting on a group effort/GB model type offense, which we saw how well that worked for GB down the stretch.  

I agree we need a better outside option than Hollins, but a couple options left in this draft/post June 1st/or they think Shorter made some big strides in offseason.

If we don't take a 2nd WR, Beane must have another plan in place for later this offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Low Positive said:

It's a good draft in a vacuum, but not after trading Diggs. They created a hole and did nothing to fill it, so the team is worse than last year. 

Curtis Samuel is going to be the Z unless they make a trade yes thats a step down from Diggs but I believe that Coleman is a large upgrade from Davis and obviously Shakir and Kincaid will become more of a focus for the offense. They have 3 very early picks next year to fill a WR spot if they aren't satisfied with their corps next year. I know thats not what everyone wants to hear but its the truth.

• Like (+1) 2