Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

151. Edefuan Ulofoshio, LB, Washington (6-0, 236)

Ulofoshio might have a capped ceiling in the NFL, but he has overachieved at every other level because of his football instincts and active play style. He has the “all-in” mentality of a core special teamer who can make a living covering kicks while competing for defensive snaps.

Oooh love me some core special teamers that can puke all over their shoes at the meadowlands 

Is there any team that values ST more than Buffalo 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

You've never had a mosquito bite that you just can't reach? THAT'S what waiting this long for a WR feels like. I've gone well beyond reason, at this point.

You know we took a WR at 33, right?

The "Double Down" was never a given. We lost 4 WR's, signed 2, and Drafted one. We have Shorter coming off his red shirt year. And probably are going back to the veteran market (maybe).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I can't say much on Ulofoshio. His name was one on my list to try and get to but I just ran out of time. I know he is an older prospect and just from watching Washington in the playoffs I think he is more of a hitter than a coverage guy. Maybe they see him as a core special teamer?

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

So I woke up late to the party today.  Did the Bills move any picks around or they just staying pat with the picks they have so far today?

Stayed put bar 144 - traded down with Chicago for a 2025 4th.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah, this is why I'm....underwhelmed, I guess. Kind of disappointed.

Yes, we drafted players at areas of need. We needed a WR, S, C, DT, RB, and we got all of those. Great.

But as I've said multiple times this offseason, I've thought for a while now that we lack difference makers. We lack elite talent around Josh. Guys that can step up in big moments. Blue chippers.

This draft...sure doesn't seem like it provided any hope for that type of player. Coleman doesn't scream "Alpha WR1". Maybe Bishop turns into a playmaking safety, but a hard hitting SS is rarely the big difference maker for a football team. I'll bet the center and DT are pretty good players, but they won't move the needle.

I feel like the Bills -- at best -- spun their wheels this season. At worst, I think their roster got worse. I think our WR corps is worse. I think our defense will be worse. 

Whereas, say, KC got a guy who -- by virtue of his field-tilting speed -- could change the entire way teams defend their offense and have a big trickle-down effect...the Bills got an X receiver who seems like he'll be...fine, maybe?

I think I had hope that the Bills would be Super Bowl contenders again this year by virtue of some bold moves to surround Josh with a playmaker or two. Instead, I look at this draft and the 2025 cap space and capital they've collected, and it all screams "two year retooling project" and "2024 is a soft punt". 

So yeah...the Bills filled needs. They got players that look...fine. Some will probably be good. But I'm sick of taking safe picks that fill needs. I wanted a big swing or two, and the Bills didn't make one. I don't see any realistic way they overtake KC or can be viewed as legitimate Super Bowl contenders this year, and that's disappointing to me.

You were hoping the Bills would go ***** it and get some flashy guy, problem is Beane doesn't do that because he thinks about tomorrow, which is honestly a good thing the way things are lined up next year is actually great. Also wouldn't just look past Coleman, guy like that hits his ceiling and he's a ***** menace.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Is it just me, or are there fewer small school guys being picked in the draft this year?  Teams like Georgia and Washington have pretty much every starter drafted now.

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

You know we took a WR at 33, right?

The "Double Down" was never a given. We lost 4 WR's, signed 2, and Drafted one. We have Shorter coming off his red shirt year. And probably are going back to the veteran market (maybe).

The Double Down was ALWAYS a fan pipe dream. I've been saying it since January. We had far too many holes on Defense, and Josh can only get the ball to 1 guy each play.

• Agree 1

I didn’t think they would have gone LB but they seem to have gotten a good depth player who can do special teams. I really don’t understand the bitching about this draft. They got a WR and a lot of other solid needs and players. Now they added some Lb depth and special teams help. Not a bad draft at all.

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Can't ever have enough leadership. And wrestling 

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Oooh love me some core special teamers that can puke all over their shoes at the meadowlands 

Is there any team that values ST more than Buffalo 

LOL.  Take a break Piney and get a drink.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1