Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

7 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Interesting. I'm like you wouldn't know lol. 

Haha yea admittedly idk if it makes sense with the cap in this coming season…maybe we could extend them and take a bigger hit when Diggs comes off the books 

I think doing it post June 1st would make it possible 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

NFLN has been my go to for awhile.  For some reason, not a fan of them this year.  Been watching ESPN.

I will say I do miss the animosity between Kiper and McShay.  Got a kick out of how Kiper would treat him like the bastage stepchild.

I stopped caring about the ESPN coverage after Chris Berman and all them left. I prefer Rich Eisen over whatever retread ESPN has 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Rest will be depth and camp fodder. However this finishes up, we got a starting WR, S, and C which were arguably our three biggest needs. Plus we got rotational depth at DT and RB which were also needs. Beane went need early and often but this was a year where we needed to do that.

Benford was a 6th rounder.   Milano a 5th.   You never know what else he can find.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

We're not going after Aiyuk. We're not in a place to pay him the $$$ he wants. I also don't think SF trades him. 

I guess Beane's understanding of what it means to make the WR room more explosive doesn't square with common views.

I never said I thought a trade for Aiyuk was likely. We need that kind of receiver, though.

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

NFLN has been my go to for awhile.  For some reason, not a fan of them this year.  Been watching ESPN.

I will say I do miss the animosity between Kiper and McShay.  Got a kick out of how Kiper would treat him like the bastage stepchild.

Ditto. I am switching to ESPN.  Their report on the recent trade was awkward. slow

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

OK but where is that talent

Most likely coming in the 2025 offseason, unfortunately. I think @GunnerBill's assessment is right. They aren't punting on the 2024 season but they are anticipating a down year. The moves they're making now are to set up 2025.

The idea of a post-6/1 trade for a WR also really intrigues me. Aiyuk or even Deebo suddenly makes a ton of sense if we're only giving up 2025 capital for one of them and putting them on the roster after Tre White's cap savings kicks in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I think to an extent that is right. Everything they have done this offseason suggests they have taken a year off of the going all in on winning a championship to do a 2 year re-load.

The WR they took makes more sense this way too, they didn't take the guy that's as immediately ready as the others, they took the big raw physical freak they could develop.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes it was. Pure stupidity or they're going after Aiyuk?  Nothing else makes sense?  Rice still available but the wise pick will probably be Kamara.

Said it once, I'll say it a million times - we've replaced one of Diggs or Davis with Coleman, replaced Harty with Samuel, and replaced Sherfield with Hollins. 

We still have Khalil Shakir and drafted Justin Shorter with a 5th last year that will probably be on the 53.

Anyone we take on Day 3 isn't replacing Diggs or Davis. At most, they'd play Shorter off the bottom of the roster - essentially throwing last year's 5th into the fire.

There's probably only one WR spot open, if we're keeping more than 5. And with what's left and who's left, a vet with our 6/1 money is going to provide MUCH more than a Day 3 Rookie in Year 1.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I really like that trade. Honestly a no brainer. Next year we will likely have three 4ths because of Gabe Davis' comp pick.

If they only got a 4th for the huge edmunds contract, how are they getting a 4th for 3 years/$39 million? I am assuming they get a fifth and maybe even a sixth because his contract will be offset somewhat by the 3 years/$24 million contract for Samuel. The more I think about it, I am assuming a 6th.

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Niners have taken 2 WR’s….

+ we just acquired another 4th for next year

perhaps we go after Aiyuk

My assumption would be the 49ers are more prepared to trade Samuel than Aiyuk.

3 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

I agree. NFLN spoiled a bunch of picks this year by going to Ian Rapoport and letting him "speculate" what the next pick might be, which was their way of spoiling without technically spoiling.

Completely spoiled the big Michael Penix surprise moment, and a bunch of others. It got to the point where whenever they said "let's bring in Ian Rapoport", I muted the TV and looked away til he was gone.

I hate that they did this. I think I'll be switching back to ESPN going forward. NFLN's coverage stunk this year. I've actually been enjoying ESPN's day three coverage. Better than expected.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1