Rd 3, Pick 95: DT DeWayne Carter, Duke

SDS

Just now, NeverOutNick said:

For a team that has no vertical threat…that would be us, the Buffalo Bills 

You don’t think there are 32 teams in the NFL that would take a sure fire deep threat? Their not that good 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I think that's equally as bad a take. This dude could be solid. 

The frustration is more so that we're headed for yet another season of underwhelming weapons for Josh to throw to. This has been going on for years. Yes, I know the offseason isn't over yet but people have also been saying that for years and then it's still not fixed. I'm not sure how Beane/McD get the benefit of the doubt on this one. 

Out of last 5 years we've used 3 1st and 2 2nd rounders on offense.

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Valid. But I don't think another WR a big need.

It is a massive, blinking red light need regardless of drafting Coleman. We have almost zero speed AND have no proven separator on the outside.

• Agree 1

Gotta love the "havent heard of him" crowd who assume everyone they don't know of must be a bust in the making.  Meanwhile the guy they think the Bills should have taken at pick 33 (Troy Franklin) has now been passed on by every team in the NFL twice and 3 times by the Bills.  

But the board...the board...I know who Franklin is, how dare they not take the name I know.  

You would think everyone would have learned their lesson after the meltdowns of Josh Allen, Milano, Berard, Taron, etc.  Careers are not made on draft night by the names you know.  Let these kids get on the field at least before you map out their careers.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I like the player.  We have our backup 3T under contract for the next 4 season.  Solid backup.  

that said- I’d have rather have taken some higher upside players that have a chance to be very good starters.  That said, if he can improve and become a solid pass rushing threat for 4 years, it’ll be a solid pick

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Whilst Josh has a receiver corps which probably doesn't even make the top ten in the NFL.

We need another guy, agreed.   Either trade up early tomorrow and get a speed guy to be WR4 or see what’s out there after 6/1. 

He does have a good OL with Kincaid, Knox, Cook, Coleman, Shakir and Samuel. 

Not nothing.. but agreed.. once again, Defense looks like it’s receiving strong investment, while Offense is .. so far .. just replacing guys with equal or less proven guys. 

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Gotta love the "havent heard of him" crowd who assume everyone they don't know of must be a bust in the making.  Meanwhile the guy they think the Bills should have taken at pick 33 (Troy Franklin) has now been passed on by every team in the NFL twice and 3 times by the Bills.  

But the board...the board...I know who Franklin is, how dare they not take the name I know.  

You would you everyone would learn their lesson after the meltdowns of Josh Allen, Milano, Berard, Taron, etc.  Careers are made on draft by the names you know.  Let these kids get on the field at least before you map out their careers.  

Yeah, i never heard of Terrell Bernard or Shakir either.  In Beane I trust.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3