Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

But we didn’t just get a 3rd, poof out of thin air. We gave up a 4th for it. We only moved up around 30 spots in the late 3rd round. Not much value there IMO. 

You could package with our second next year and get back into the second round probably. Then we'd still have Minnesota's 2nd next season.

Feels like CHIEFS panicked.  They knew we were not taking Worthy -- had to have realized that or been told that in our discussion.  So they gave up a nice little package to jump Baltimore and SF?  Good move Beane!  This board would have called Baltimore stupid if they took Worthy and been cheering because Legette and McConkey were still there.  This is well played by Beane, IMHO.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beane is country dumb.

Worthy is already valuable because of the new kickoff rules (his punt returns were elite in college).

Someone upthread said “fetishization of draft picks” and it’s exactly right.  Beane and Kevyn Adams.  Just having no idea how to use their assets.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2

This was a terrible move,  all we need is to hand the Chiefs to have the next Hill.  Just a stupid move and only got a 3rd and gave up a 4th.  Big deal if you helped you biggest rival add another explosive receiver.   Deflating and Beane is all talk,  he screwed this team with stupid contracts to older guys and tonight he hands Fastest player in the draft to KC

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Analysts are just destroying this trade. 

“Very very confusing move by the Bills”.

I may have lost my last shred of hope in this front office. The Chiefs have routinely bested us in roster building and playoff success and you TRADE WITH THEM?

If Worthy becomes the next Tyreek (I have my doubts), we will never live this down. 

if it was Worthy to KC or Balt, why choose KC?  Just a stupid trade

Edited by RyanC883

3 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Even the draft chart says we got robbed

Which chart you looking at??? The one I’m looking at says we lost 70 by moving down in the first and gained 80 by moving up 40 picks into the 3rd.

This site was lagging hard for me right after the trade.  Thinking it might crash if the Bills take D in 32.  

I just hope two WR in our first four picks.

• Haha (+1) 1