Who should the Bills draft at #19 (Trade)? - TSW Mock Draft 3.0

Virgil

Who should the Bills draft at #19 (Trade)?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills draft at #19 (Trade)?

• Brian Thomas Jr, WR, LSU
    • Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina
    • Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
    • Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
    • Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
    • Troy Fautanu, OT, Washington
    • Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
    • JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    • Graham Barton, C, Duke
    • Jer'Zhan Newton, DT, Illinois
    • Chop Robinson, Edge, Penn St
    • Quinyon Mitchell, DB, Toldeo
    • Terrion Arnold, DB, Alabama
    • Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa
    • Nate Wiggins, DB, Clemson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2024 at 04:00 PM

I made this poll thinking I was going to vote for Brian Thomas.  However, even though the Chiefs equally need OT help, I thought about the nightmare that would be Worthy on the Chiefs and I changed my mind.  While teams have said they aren't concerned, Thomas has a shoulder issue that some feel may hurt his draft stock.  Also, the idea of Josh not being able to overthrow Worthy, and teams having to stay in cover 2 against us with him and Samuel, is a nice thought for our TE's and run game.  

I don't like to draft in reaction to other teams, but I can get behind this logic.

Also, as of today, some see Worthy going in the top 10 based on speed alone, as the #4/5 receiver

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, qwksilver said:

This has to be a landslide for Thomas, no?

I don't see much of a difference between him and some of the other guys plus it's reported that he now has a shoulder issue and may need surgery but who knows. I'd rather they had not traded up at all if this is who is available on the board

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I don't see much of a difference between him and some of the other guys plus it's reported that he now has a shoulder issue and may need surgery but who knows. I'd rather they had not traded up at all if this is who is available on the board

It's hard to believe anything you hear on the week of the draft, but one report I heard said he may not be 100% for the first season, if not unavailable for some of it

Just now, GunnerBill said:

If they trade up to #19 only Thomas makes sense to me. Because the rest are likely available at #28 or with a very small trade up. 

There's rumors of Worthy going in the top 10 to someone like the Raiders or Dolphins who love speed.  I can't see the Dolphins doing it with all their other needs, but it wouldn't be the first time that someone overdrafted a guy because of his 40 time

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Agreed,  and unfortunately,  as much as I'd like to see them go WR at 28,  I don't like the value nearly as much at 19. 

I voted for Cooper DeJean.  I don't want a R1 DB,  but he fits this D as a zone CB with freakish speed and athleticism,  and in the event that he doesn't make it there (and I think he would),  he has the size to move to safety. 

...Actually,  I'd have to change my vote.  I didn't see Quinyon Mitchell still available.  I'd choose him over DeJean here.  Not that it matters,  as BTJ is going to run away with this. 

Edited by Brandon

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

It's hard to believe anything you hear on the week of the draft, but one report I heard said he may not be 100% for the first season, if not unavailable for some of it

There's rumors of Worthy going in the top 10 to someone like the Raiders or Dolphins who love speed.  I can't see the Dolphins doing it with all their other needs, but it wouldn't be the first time that someone overdrafted a guy because of his 40 time

Based on this it could be possible Brian Thomas would be available at 28 anyhow or maybe we trade up like 2-3 spots like usual to get our guy if they really did target him 

• Like (+1) 1

Idk, Bills are pretty conservative when it comes to guys with injuries

BTJ having that reported shoulder injury may take him off the board

I went with Worthy, I could see a scenario where they try to get ahead of the Dolphins to get him.

overall think trading up is not a good idea for a WR

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Based on this it could be possible Brian Thomas would be available at 28 anyhow or maybe we trade up like 2-3 spots like usual to get our guy if they really did target him 

That’s why you make the move for Worthy. BTJ is the smokescreen all along. It’s SPEED they want. We’ll call him The Flash. He’ll be injected with Puma sperm before every game. No DBs will have a chance at him 

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

That’s why you make the move for Worthy. BTJ is the smokescreen all along. It’s SPEED they want. We’ll call him The Flash. He’ll be injected with Puma sperm before every game. No DBs will have a chance at him 

My god man, why sperm?!

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

Worthy is definitely the pick here. Can’t teach speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed 

Thomas ran a 4.33, which is really fast by the way, but is 45lbs heavier than Worthy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

My god man, why sperm?!

Got another way to make someone go faster? It’s been proven. Why do you think Usain Bolt was so fast. It wasn’t HGH, it was Puma Sperm. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Thomas ran a 4.33, which is really fast by the way, but is 45lbs heavier than Worthy. 

No shoulder injury. Plus I heard that Thomas is not a good  locker room guy 

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

The better question is, how will it be obtained? And will it be videotaped?

They videotape it for scientific purposes. They also have vids of Aaron Donald getting Gorilla Sperm 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm betting this is a formality as the board will almost undoubtedly pile on Thomas here. My real vote would be not to move that high for any of these guys.

I agree. Maybe we should re-poll and ask again if anyone wants to move up. Pretty sure it would be close. 

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

I volunteer to inject Worthy with sperm. 

Oh... puma sperm you say? Meh. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, papazoid said:

several players in this mock still avail consensus rated higher than Thomas

mitchell, chop robinson, Arnold, Latham, Fautanu, DeJean

Mitchell was selected by Jax.

12 minutes ago, mrags said:

BTJ looks faster on the field than Worthy to me, especially separating deep

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I agree. Maybe we should re-poll and ask again if anyone wants to move up. Pretty sure it would be close. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm betting this is a formality as the board will almost undoubtedly pile on Thomas here. My real vote would be not to move that high for any of these guys.

See Mock 1.0 and 2.0.   This is scenario 3 where the Bills trade up.  Just trying to show all perspectives and we’ve had numerous polls in favor of trading up. 

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Exactly what they want other teams to think!!

• Haha (+1) 1

I wonder who is leaking all this Thomas stuff. Somebody definitely wants him to drop. To me, the labrum isn't a big deal. Also to me its the top three...then Thomas Jr. in his own class. The argument can be made that Worthy may be in his own class because he is unique. Then I think it is everybody else. 

40 minutes ago, mrags said:

Worthy is definitely the pick here. Can’t teach speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed 

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If they trade up to #19 only Thomas makes sense to me. Because the rest are likely available at #28 or with a very small trade up. 

Yeah, I kind of feel like Worthy is more likely to drop down to 28 than Thomas is, or, as Gunner said, move up into the 24-27 range to make sure you secure him. (which fits Beane's M.O.)

14 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I wonder who is leaking all this Thomas stuff. Somebody definitely wants him to drop. To me, the labrum isn't a big deal. Also to me its the top three...then Thomas Jr. in his own class. The argument can be made that Worthy may be in his own class because he is unique. Then I think it is everybody else. 

Probably a team that legit doesn’t want BTJ because of his issues. Locker room issues. Shoulder issues. Plus I heard he punched his babysitter when he was 7

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

BTJ looks faster on the field than Worthy to me, especially separating deep

I'm not as high on BTJ as some others are,  but I agree.   His downfield speed and ability to separate are exceptional.  I thought he and Troy Franklin were the best in that regard,  with Franklin being a guy who plays faster than that 4.41. 

I like Worthy,  but from what I've seen,  I never got the impression that he was a 4.21 guy on the field.  Fast,  but not that ridiculously fast. 

25 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont hate this.

When we kind of worked out the numbers, trading to the teens, it's essentially 28 and 60 or 28 and the future 2. The other pieces are ancillary, but doing this exercise it really does feel like the future 2 is there to use as fuel for the trade-up. 

I know we kind of knew this already, but grinding the numbers on the trade with Virg proved to me that this is the case. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

several players in this mock still avail consensus rated higher than Thomas

mitchell, chop robinson, Arnold, Latham, Fautanu, DeJean

Latham is probably BPA.   No need to move up for this cohort as our roster stands

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Trading up 9 spots to draft Worthy?  Those voting for this option are crazy.   IMO zero chance of this happening. 

I’d take BTJ over Worthy, but Worthy’s speed definitely is a unique mismatch.  And Beane and McD always say they’re looking for mismatches.