What are your draft plans? (Menu, setting, etc)

Virgil

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

The NFL hype machine has made the draft, the schedule, the combine, etc. all 'must-see' events.  Back in the day, before the web and 24/7 NFL network, these things were barely acknowledged in real time.  If you get max enjoyment out of it, power to you.  I'll get excited when there's actually men suited up and smashing into each other.

I'll maybe toggle over to ESPN or NFL network or check in here occasionally, but I don't have much interest in making it 'an event'.  More likely slip into my usual old man routine starting with Jeopardy, maybe the news commentary talking heads, Nat Geo, Seinfeld re-runs, and start dozing on the sofa around 9pm. Most importantly, I'll be keeping the remote from my wife so that the Hallmark channel doesn't appear on the main TV. 

I'll definitely be here Friday morning and probably see what Tasker and Brown have to say.🙂

I gotta tell ya, I'm right there with ya.  I was waiting for the first such post.  

I'm more interested in who we select and there's nothin' but green space between then and the season to talk about it.  Even that's way too much time.  

All the speculating, complete mock drafts, none of which ever approach reality, and the marketing hype makes me simply want the event to come and go as quickly as possible.  Day 3 is a waste of time anyway.  I'll peek into CBS Sports online probably around 20th to see what's happening, and here too to see whether we trade up or not, but otherwise it's just another day for me.  And what if we trade down out of the first into the early 2nd.  How anticlimactic would that be.  LOL  

BTW, LOL at your Hallmark channel on the main TV comment.  

I'm more interested in the schedule release which isn't for another 2-3 weeks or so.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

In my experience, the worst part is the laxative that you have to take the night before the prep day. Also, drink lots of chicken broth; it feels like real food.

Yep - this is probably the 20th time I've had to do this and the prep just sucks - no way around it. Jut pissed that it lined up with the draft - really puts a damper on enjoying watching the coverage....

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'm gonna go to bed. The draft is the most over rated nfl event Imo. If the bills move up, maybe I'll see their pick. Otherwise I'll find out in the morning 

I will most likely do the same, if my old lady can't STFU. However, I will be stocking the bed stand with beverage and munchies. My plan B.

Plan A is grill, hang out in the garage and get wrecked....which is probably why I'll also find out in the morning.

I'm on the west coast, so thankfully the draft is on earlier for me than most. By the time I get home from work, grab a pizza, pour a beer, and sit down, the draft should be starting.

By a great stroke of luck, the wife will be out of town. That means I can be a total degenerate lunatic football fan and watch the entire draft without interruption.

I'll be ordering a pizza, getting a 12-pack of good microbrew, pulling out my draft magazine and Dane Brugler's "Beast" draft guide, and watching all of night one and night two.

To be honest, I cannot bare to sit through all of day three, mainly because the TV coverage turns from discussion of the drafted players to puff pieces, promotional stuff, concerts, and other not-at-all-interesting nonsense to fill the time. If they kept talking about the prospects, I'd keep watching, but they won't, so I won't. Instead, I'll likely go for a nice long walk on day three and occasionally check my phone to see who the Bills drafted.

Once its all said and done, I will dive into all the players the Bills drafted, watching every highlight, cut-up, interview, and reading every article and draft writeup I can about them.

I love the NFL draft. I ***** love it.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

We are just over 24 hours away from one of my favorite times of the year and what looks to be a fairly exciting draft.  

What's everyone's draft environment, food, etc preference?  Also, anyone planning on just living here in the shoutbox?

For me, I get wings, pizza logs, YouTubeTV picture in picture for both NFL Network and ESPN coverage, and laptop open to research picks and complain about who the Bills take.  

What's on your agenda?

You forgot the side of angioplasty. I have dinner, I don’t care what, because I’m too nervous. I just want to watch in peace. I will not accept invitations to do anything, and I will not give an explanation for said declinations. I will be in constant communication with family (other devout Bills fans).

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Sit on my living room couch and quietly watch it by myself. My wife will be watching her shows (Grey's Anatomy, The Masked Singer, The Golden Girls, Sex And The City, whatever) in the bedroom, my kids will be watching whatever or playing video games with their friends online in their rooms, and I veg in front of the TV for once. 

Ditto - my wife will be in our bedroom watching her shows.

I'll be in my recliner sipping some Black Barrel Jameson. DInner will be some blackened swordfish and a couple sides. Texting vigorously with my brother trying to predict the next selection. 

Honestly, one of my favorite sports events of the year. Rinse and repeat Friday night. Probably order some pizza and wings Friday. Beer instead of Jameson. Maybe some Harpoon's. :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

I make no special plans except to watch the draft as I am able.  As it happens, my wife and I are committed to attend a Thursday night Bible Study, and I likely won't be able to start watching the draft until about 8:30.  I don't mind missing the first five to ten picks since I don't see the Bills trading up that high.  When I get home I'll settle down with my TV and computer.  I have certain websites that I rely on during the draft: NFL.com of course for their draft tracker and scouting reports, NFL Draft Buzz for their scouting reports (a little different perspective), and drafttek.com which creates repeated computer generated 7 round mocks after every draft pick.  As the league moves deeper into the draft, Drafttek has a tougher time keeping up and the new mocks may only happen a few times each round, but they try the best that they can.    

17 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

That's a serious place. I would get the Ossobuco Alla Milanese myself.

Great choice, great choice.

My wife’s birthday AND her sister is arriving to stay with us.   The Big Night!

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Great choice, great choice.

My wife’s birthday AND her sister is arriving to stay with us.   The Big Night!

Big Night is a great film. My wife and I went to the premiere at SUNY Albany. Stanley Tucci spoke and took questions. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I grilled 9 lbs of chicken wings yesterday and then tossed them in 3 different hot sauces so I have plenty left over for tonight.

I froze homemade dim sum dumplings a while back and may get the double bamboo steamer loaded up with a bunch of that as well.

Definitely Craft IPAs as the beverage.

I really do need to time an afternoon nap since I expect the Bills not to draft until after 11:00 PM and my ManCity team has a 3:00 PM game today.

Debating nap strategy.

Not doing anything at all for the draft I don't bother even bother watching it. The draft is about as interesting as watching a puddle of water drying up. I'll just wait to see what player is drafted then read about it if the article isn't too long. If it takes longer than 5 minutes to read, then I won't even do that. I don't like wasting time on stuff that is out of my control.Spongebob Squarepants GIF

On 4/24/2024 at 2:53 PM, nosejob said:

I will most likely do the same, if my old lady can't STFU. However, I will be stocking the bed stand with beverage and munchies. My plan B.

Plan A is grill, hang out in the garage and get wrecked....which is probably why I'll also find out in the morning.

If I didn't have to be up at 5am for work, I'd love to do the same