Rumor: Bills trying aggressively to move up for a WR in round one

Logic

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

does Schopp have good League connections ? 

Or is his “consensus” derived from reading Twitter like the rest of us?

He is actually more clueless on what the bills are actually doing than most posters on this board or on Twitter 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

He is actually more clueless on what the bills are actually doing than most posters on this board or on Twitter 

I used to listen to him 5-6 years ago but gave it away …

Never happy about anything ..and seemed to think his audience cared about his gambling and Fantasy football results ..

Assume nothing has changed …

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No thanks, trade back with Carolina for their 2 seconds

How many 7rd picks can we get for 2 2nd ? 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Never happy about anything ..and seemed to think his audience cared about his gambling and Fantasy football results ..

This about sums it up still 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Putin said:

How many 7rd picks can we get for 2 2nd ? 

Ooooo. Beanes got his eyes on EVERY 7th round pick in the draft. It’s gonna take some maneuvering but I think he can do it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Ooooo. Beanes got his eyes on EVERY 7th round pick in the draft. It’s gonna take some maneuvering but I think he can do it. 

He should maneuver for 2025 draft and probably get couple more 7th 

12 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm good trading up, or standing pat.  A trade back would be tough.

We traded Stephon Diggs.  We have 2 receivers who are basically #3 guys right now.  We need not just an immediate starter at that position - but a guy who can be an immediate #1.

If all they needed was a WR1 then sure.  But they need more positions that can play soon.  With no 3rd round picks and only one late 2nd prudence says move back or stay put.

Just now, Putin said:

He should maneuver for 2025 draft and probably get couple more 7th 

Yeah. We have so many holes. We’re bound to get a decent special teamer with all the extra picks. Who needs elite talent at the top of the draft 

I’m scared Beane will mortgage multiple top picks for 1 player…

I don’t mind trading a future 2nd plus a 4th to move ahead of the Fins at 21…But I wouldn’t wanna give up more than that…

10 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm good trading up, or standing pat.  A trade back would be tough.

We traded Stephon Diggs.  We have 2 receivers who are basically #3 guys right now.  We need not just an immediate starter at that position - but a guy who can be an immediate #1.

Having a ball hog ruins the offense, better to have 5 really good guys than 1 elite player. Coleman is also better than Davis so thats an upgrade.  Can a rookie be as great as Diggs coming in ??

Also it would be a trade back to 33 which isnt much different than being at 28 and we also would get 39. 

• Like (+1) 2

I’m 100% all for moving up for a top 3 WR. Would give up a 1st, next years 1st, and our 2nd as well. Keeping the 2nd we got from the Diggs trade. If that means keeping our pick at 60 I’m all for that. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Yeah. We have so many holes. We’re bound to get a decent special teamer with all the extra picks. Who needs elite talent at the top of the draft 

Exactly !! 
Our practice squad can use an upgrade nobody here is even talking about that !!  

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Having a ball hog ruins the offense, better to have 5 really good guys than 1 elite player. Coleman is also better than Davis so thats an upgrade.  Can a rookie be as great as Diggs coming in ??

Also it would be a trade back to 33 which isnt much different than being at 28 and we also would get 39. 

If we could still get like Franklin or Worthy, along with a Legette or Polk, I’m all for it. Anything less than that it’s a waste 

Just now, Putin said:

Exactly !! 
Our practice squad can use an upgrade nobody here is even talking about that !!  

Right. Need to find someone to wear the C on special teams after all. Get a whole team of Tyler Matakevichs I say. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mrags said:

If we could still get like Franklin or Worthy, along with a Legette or Polk, I’m all for it. Anything less than that it’s a waste 

i would be good with that but you never know what a waste will be.

Worthy and Franklin are too slim

26 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

As per usual Schopp has no clue what he's talking about.

This sets it up for him to cry when the Bills don't send the farm and do what he would like.

Has more to do with sending a willing trade partner the best deal. Believe it or not...not all the teams looking to move back are willing to move all the way to 28. One thing I'm certain of. If Beane wants to make a move...an attempt will be made. He's not shy. He's also not going to be taken advantage of, as well.

He actually said on yesterday's show how trading way up would be the stupidest idea possible, and that math backs that up.... I disagree with him, but that's his take.

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Huh?   Amari Cooper went for a 4th.  

He also had a cap hit that’s $7m/year higher, and he’ll be 30 years old in June. 

I’ll concede I’m not an expert on the compensation, but I imagine it won’t come cheap to get the Bears to part with their #1 receiver from a year ago — a guy who had 950 more yards than their next closest WR. 

Edited by WickedGame

3 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

He actually said on yesterday's show how trading way up would be the stupidest idea possible, and that math backs that up.... I disagree with him, but that's his take.

That's his take...until it's not. More than likely whatever the Bills do (or don't do) tonight he will disagree with ..no matter what stance he had before. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 34-78-83 said:

I still remember him saying how Allen will never be more then 60 %completion  QB , 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think Franklin will be fine. We’re missing out 1 and 2 at this point. He kind of fits into Diggs role anyway and Diggs wasn’t exactly a thick dude. 

as far as Worthy, goes, I feel the same way. We need a 1 and 2 now. So I’d be fine with Worthy, but want a bigger physical guy to pair with him. So I’d take Worthy with a trade down and an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder. Then come back up and try and get Legette or Polk. If those guys are gone, Devontez Walker, Rice, Baker.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

All new episode of Young Sheldonstarting soon!! Only 6 episodes left!! Y’all want to do a live thread for it like we do on game day?

People watch that or are you being sarcastic?

I would just let the draft fall to me and hope it goes my way. Make a move if it makes sense to secure a player that fell to me. I do want top notch WR but not at crazy costs.

Edited by Lfod
  • Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

There's gonna be a run on WR at those spots. The difference could be huge.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

All new episode of Young Sheldonstarting soon!! Only 6 episodes left!! Y’all want to do a live thread for it like we do on game day?

Doubledog dare you to start a thread.  @Gugny can yo?

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

As per usual Schopp has no clue what he's talking about.

This sets it up for him to cry when the Bills don't send the farm and do what he would like.

Has more to do with sending a willing trade partner the best deal. Believe it or not...not all the teams looking to move back are willing to move all the way to 28. One thing I'm certain of. If Beane wants to make a move...an attempt will be made. He's not shy. He's also not going to be taken advantage of, as well.

School actually wants to trade back

5 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I would just let the draft fall to me and hope it goes my way. Make a move if it makes sense to secure a player that fell to me. I do want top notch WR but not at crazy costs.

I want a Bentley but with no money down and low monthly payments 

9 minutes ago, Putin said:

People watch that or are you being sarcastic?

Millions!! You have something better to do tonight? 

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

Doubledog dare you to start a thread.  @Gugny can yo?

A live Young Sheldon thread would be legendary

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It’s way worse. He has much more of a narcissistic attitude now than he used to. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WickedGame said:

My long-shot prediction: Bills trade for DJ Moore. Cost is pick #28 and a mix of later/future picks. Maybe a player (Spencer Brown?)

Bills get a proven WR to replace Diggs at a modest $16M cap number for the next two years. Maybe they extend him two years, since he just turned 27 last week. The Bills avoid a roll of the dice on a receiver at 28. They also potentially keep their #2 pick in the deal. If Brown is part of the package they get an RT in the second to compete with Lael Collins. Then we get a WR in the 4th and everything else is depth. 

The Bears, who have only a few picks, stockpile picks and use #28 to nab the 5th or 6th best WR to be their new #2 WR alongside Odunze or Nabers. Brown would also fill a need for them. They end up with two cost-controlled receivers on 5-year rookie deals to go with their cost-controlled QB, freeing them up for big swings in free agency in 2025.

Feasible?

D Moore for a 1st round pick and a player?  No, that seems like overkill.  I'm for the idea of picking up a vet but for a much lower draft pick.  If Chicago wants to use #9 on a big 3 WR, then we should be able to get one of their veteran WRs for a lot less.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The game is getting softer and softer every year. Franklin reminds me of a taller Desean Jackson. He’s the most underrated WR in the draft because of his weight.