TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

Just now, mrags said:

with the 41st pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Green Bay Packers select:

T’Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas

choosing BPA on my board here. Believe he’s going to be an absolute monster for many years. Im a fan of beefing up the trenches and I believe I’ve done that with these first 2 picks. 

Houston and @stinky finger are on the clock. 

Good pick and spot for Sweat. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Good pick and spot for Sweat. 

Honestly, I was torn between him and someone else. But didn’t think he would make it to my next pick which is 16 away I think. Besides, couldn’t get over the fact that I think he’s one of the best players in this draft and and a very key position. I couldnt pass up the idea of missing out on him for another guy that I don’t think will be one of the best in the draft. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Honestly, I was torn between him and someone else. But didn’t think he would make it to my next pick which is 16 away I think. Besides, couldn’t get over the fact that I think he’s one of the best players in this draft and and a very key position. I couldnt pass up the idea of missing out on him for another guy that I don’t think will be one of the best in the draft. 

I would have strongly considered him at my next pick if he was there. Picking for the Giants and 2 games against Philadelphia, he's a one man wrecking crew to stop the tush push. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Texans (StinkyFinger) are on the clock
1 hour ago, PonyBoy said:

Off topic..

I worked with a guy years ago  in a physical trade industry who's last name was Sweat. Lazy MF'er.

His nickname was Don't Breaka 😀

Stay gold Ponyboy. Stay gold

• Haha (+1) 1

With the 42 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select Ennis Rakestraw Jr., DB, Missouri

We, the Texans, feel we are on to something. Having secured the #2 WR position  in a trade with Buffalo, the offense is primed to take it to the next level and compete with the powerhouses in the AFC for years to come. With young stud CJ Stroud, a stable of diverse WRs, productive TE and a capable, if not good, OL along with newcomer Joe Mixon in the backfield, this offense will excel. 

Demeco Ryans and company acknowledge the defensive backfield is a sore spot on the D. Therefore Rakestraw will be given every opportunity to make an immediate impact. With promising young CB, Derek Stingley, playing opposite, we hope to have our tandem for the foreseeable future. 

@TOboy and the Atlanta Falcons are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Falcons (TOboy) are on the clock

With the 43rd pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Atlanta Falcons are pleased to select Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State. 

Having addressed the dline in round 1, we’re adding another huge target for Cousins on the outside. Few teams will have 2 corners with the size to stop Drake and Keon in the red zone. Combined with Pitts and Robinson and we’ve assembled an excellent supporting cast of skill players for our new franchise QB. 

@LEBills is now on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, TOboy said:

With the 43rd pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Atlanta Falcons are pleased to select Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State. 

Having addressed the dline in round 1, we’re adding another huge target for Cousins on the outside. Few teams will have 2 corners with the size to stop Drake and Keon in the red zone. Combined with Pitts and Robinson and we’ve assembled an excellent supporting cast of skill players for our new franchise QB. 

@LEBills is now on the clock. 

Not a fan of Coleman that much but I respect the thought process. Nice pick. Sounds like a pretty solid O 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Raiders (LEBills) are on the clock

With the 44th pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Las Vegas Raiders select Michael Penix, QB, Washington.

The Maxwell award winner was in consideration for the Raiders at pick 13. Antonio Pierce was able to keep Bowl Cut Mark at bay and picked up the lefties blindside protector instead.

Mark Davis reportedly “grilled” potential GMs about their plan for getting the Raiders a QB. With that type of mandate, the Raiders will take a QB early in this draft.

Of the ones likely to be available, Penix is the best fit for Luke Getsy’s offense. Getsy used play action the 7th and 16th most in the league in 2022 and 2023 respectively. Penix used play action the most and was the highest graded play action QB in this class per pff. 

Getsy also had a lot of deep passes baked into his offense as Chicago threw the sixth and forth most 20+ yard passes in the league the past two seasons. Penix has a huge arm and a beautiful deep ball. The injury concerns and age are a concern, but when you feel like you need a QB you take a swing.

@frostbitmic and the Saints are now in the clock

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Saints (frostbitmic) are on the clock
3 minutes ago, LEBills said:

With the 44th pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Las Vegas Raiders select Michael Penix, QB, Washington.

The Maxwell award winner was in consideration for the Raiders at pick 13. Antonio Pierce was able to keep Bowl Cut Mark at bay and picked up the lefties blindside protector instead.

Mark Davis reportedly “grilled” potential GMs about their plan for getting the Raiders a QB. With that type of mandate, the Raiders will take a QB early in this draft.

Of the ones likely to be available, Penix is the best fit for Luke Getsy’s offense. Getsy used play action the 7th and 16th most in the league in 2022 and 2023 respectively. Penix used play action the most and was the highest graded play action QB in this class per pff. 

Getsy also had a lot of deep passes baked into his offense as Chicago threw the sixth and forth most 20+ yard passes in the league the past two seasons. Penix has a huge arm and a beautiful deep ball. The injury concerns and age are a concern, but when you feel like you need a QB you take a swing.

Great job.  Would have been a good pick at 13, too

With the 45th pick in the VMD 1.0 the New Orleans Saints select Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota

Saints fans are going to love watching Nubin play the robber role in our Defense for years to come.

@Kirby Jackson and the Colts are on the clock.

Edited by frostbitmic
  • Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Colts (Kirby Jackson) are on the clock
9 hours ago, LEBills said:

Really like this pick for the Raiders. Penix can make every throw on the football field and would almost certainly earn the starting nod. 

9 hours ago, mrags said:

Not a fan of Coleman that much but I respect the thought process. Nice pick. Sounds like a pretty solid O 

Honestly wanted Ladd in that spot but he went a few spots earlier. Pivoted to the next best WR on the board knowing we have 2 3rd’s to address other needs. 

I’ll be traveling all day today. I have a layover in Denver. Should only be unavailable for the next 3-4 hrs. I imagine it won’t get to my next pick by then, but if it does, it shouldn’t be too long until I land. So if I’m taking forever to make a pick that’s why. Shouldn’t be more than the 3hr max tho. 

With the 46th pick in the VMD 1.0 the Indianapolis Colts select Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida

The Saints sniped our target. The Colts were hoping to pair the draft’s top corner with the drafts top S but he went off the board one pick too soon. We pivoted to a player that we just love. We wanted to give Richardson another weapon and do so by giving him a college teammate. We think Pearsall’s ceiling is sky high and need to keep up with the arm’s race going on within our division.

@BuffaloBillyG and the NY Giants are now on the clock.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 5

With the 47th pick, the New Jersey Football Giants RUN to the podium and select BO NIX, QB, OREGON

After passing on Jayden Daniels at 6 and instead getting a true Alpha WR in Rome Odunze, we take the guy that we believe can lead Big Blue back to glory.

Athletic, accurate and confident, Nix is a 5 year starter who has shown he can improve his game. The 2023 Campbell Award winner is exactly what we believe a QB should be. Intelligence, Productive and an excellent example in the community.

We are elated to bring him onto our team that boasts a coaching duo that separately have had a hand in the development of Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes and were able to, combined get the playoffs with Danny Dimes and lead undrafted QB Tommy DeVito to three straight wins in a lost season last year. We have full faith we will be able to help a talented player like Nix reach his max potential.

@manncand the London/Duval Jags are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

With the 48th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Roman Wilson, WR, Univ. Of Michigan.

Anyone who thought we were going into this crucial season for Trevor Lawrence with a receiving corps of Zay Jones, Gabe Davis and an injured Christian Kirk had better think again. Wilson has the best hands in the draft and is maybe the twitchiest guy in the draft too. He was underutilized in the Wolverine’s Stone Age offense and is not a slot-only guy in the NFL.

@Might Rather and the Cincinnati Bungles are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

With the 49th pick the Cincinnati Bengals select Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU

We need help keeping our QB upright and we believe Kingsley will fit right in. He’s quick enough for move-blocking duties in outside zone and in space. He can redirect and mirror counters when he’s postured up and appears capable of dealing with bull rushers.

@BuffaloBillyG and the Giants are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 36th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select:  Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia

CLICK HERE FOR HIGHLIGHTS

Our plan was to look IOL here or Edge, but our targets are all off the board.  Gave heavy consideration to cornerback TJ Tampa as well, but ultimately we could not pass up an attempt to replace Samuel with the best pure route runner in the draft and give our new QB an excellent weapon to grow with.  Ladd has maybe the highest floor of any receiver in the draft and we just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to add a player of his caliber to our new look offense.  He can beat you in all 3 phases of the field and we can’t wait to see him and our new QB hit the field together. 

@BigdaddyinOrlandoand the LA Chargers are on the clock!  

Really knocking the draft out of the park IMO.

11 minutes ago, Might Rather said:

With the 49th pick the Cincinnati Bengals select Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU

We need help keeping our QB upright and we believe Kingsley will fit right in. He’s quick enough for move-blocking duties in outside zone and in space. He can redirect and mirror counters when he’s postured up and appears capable of dealing with bull rushers.

@BuffaloBillyG and the Giants are on the clock. 

While the Giants would be more than happy to select another player, when we attempted Roger Goodell wouldn't allow it and threatened to detain us in his COVID era man cave if we attempted again. 

@HappyDays and the dirty tush pushing Philadelphia Eagles are on the clock. We are hiding from the commish. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

With the 50th pick, the Philadelphia Eagles select Payton Wilson, LB, NC State. Pittsburgh @julian is on the clock.

This is the 2nd time this draft where BPA and need happen to match up perfectly for us.

Our LBs have been dreadful in recent years and a clear weakness on the team. Devin White signed a one year prove it deal but who knows how that will turn out. Nakobe Dean was on IR twice last year. It is just a position that we haven't been able to get right.

Payton Wilson has the profile of a modern sideline to sideline coverage LB. Speed, movement skills, fluid hips, ability to blitz. Maybe he won't hold up against the run but we own the (unofficial) Guinness World Record for heaviest interior DL so we'll keep him clean.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Steelers (julian) are on the clock

With the 51st pick, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Mike Sainristil, CB,Michigan 

Although the Steelers are aware this player may not be this high on many boards, they love the play and believe he’s the best nickel corner in the draft and is an immediate plug and play guy with pro bowl potential.

@GunnerBill and the LA Rams are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Rams (GunnerBill) are on the clock

With the 52nd pick in the 2024 TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Los Angeles Rams select:

Kiran Amegadjie, Offensive Tackle, Yale

The Philadelphia Eagles and @HappyDays are back on the clock.

When I woke up this morning and looked at the picks last night I was seven selections away from going on the clock. I had a board of basically three players that I wanted at this pick and Amegadjie was 2nd of the three but is the only one still available. The Rams have tried veteran Ty Nsekhe and converted guards Joe Noteboom and Alaric Jackson at left tackle since the retirement of Andrew Whitworth after the 2022 season. None of those experiments has been particularly successful. Amegadjie is hardly coming from a football powerhouse and it is a big step up to the NFL but the limited tape I have seen of him he is a proper NFL prospect. He has elite length, is uber aggressive in his blocking and even when he is beaten early in the rep can flip his hips and fight back through it to regain the upper hand. He has some experience of playing guard too if the Rams wanted to slow play this by giving him a year there to get his feet wet before throwing him into the premium spot on the line to protect his Quarterback's blindside. This is a big, long, athletic, mauler of a blocker and if he can make that jump to the pro game he has the attributes to be a top 10 tackle. 

• Like (+1) 5

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Eagles (Happy Days) are on the clock
9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

With the 52nd pick in the 2024 TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Los Angeles Rams select:

Kiran Amegadjie, Offensive Tackle, Yale

The Philadelphia Eagles and @HappyDays are back on the clock.

When I woke up this morning and looked at the picks last night I was seven selections away from going on the clock. I had a board of basically three players that I wanted at this pick and Amegadjie was 2nd of the three but is the only one still available. The Rams have tried veteran Ty Nsekhe and converted guards Joe Noteboom and Alaric Jackson at left tackle since the retirement of Andrew Whitworth after the 2022 season. None of those experiments has been particularly successful. Amegadjie is hardly coming from a football powerhouse and it is a big step up to the NFL but the limited tape I have seen of him he is a proper NFL prospect. He has elite length, is uber aggressive in his blocking and even when he is beaten early in the rep can flip his hips and fight back through it to regain the upper hand. He has some experience of playing guard too if the Rams wanted to slow play this by giving him a year there to get his feet wet before throwing him into the premium spot on the line to protect his Quarterback's blindside. This is a big, long, athletic, mauler of a blocker and if he can make that jump to the pro game he has the attributes to be a top 10 tackle. 

Glad to see you take a look and see the same things I saw 

12 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Glad to see you take a look and see the same things I saw 

Yep. There is limited stuff to look at. I haven't graded him for my board but in this thought exercise I think he makes a ton of sense for the Rams.

With the 53rd pick, the Philadelphia Eagles select Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky. Cleveland @BarleyNY is on the clock.

Howie Roseman is too smart a GM not to take advantage of a strong WR class. With no 3rd round pick, it's now or never. I don't mind admitting Roman Wilson or Ricky Pearsall would have been the pick at #50, but alas they came off the board just a couple picks beforehand. So we are dipping into the next tier of WRs to make sure we get one without reaching too far down our board.

WR is a sneaky need for the Eagles. Yes we have arguably the best top 2 duo in the league, but behind them it is the dregs. Our 3rd WR last year (Olimade Zaccheus, who Bills fans may remember in heartbreaking fashion) collected just 164 receiving yards. We need much better depth at the position. Corley profiles as someone that can immediately play out of the slot and out of the backfield as a Curtis Samuel-esque or Deebo Samuel-esque weapon. Pairing an X factor like him with AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith will give nightmares to defensive coordinators.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

With the 53rd pick, the Philadelphia Eagles select Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky. Cleveland @BarleyNY is on the clock.

Howie Roseman is too smart a GM not to take advantage of a strong WR class. With no 3rd round pick, it's now or never. I don't mind admitting Roman Wilson or Ricky Pearsall would have been the pick at #50, but alas they came off the board just a couple picks beforehand. So we are dipping into the next tier of WRs to make sure we get one without reaching too far down our board.

WR is a sneaky need for the Eagles. Yes we have arguably the best top 2 duo in the league, but behind them it is the dregs. Our 3rd WR last year (Olimade Zaccheus, who Bills fans may remember in heartbreaking fashion) collected just 164 receiving yards. We need much better depth at the position. Corley profiles as someone that can immediately play out of the slot and out of the backfield as a Curtis Samuel-esque or Deebo Samuel-esque weapon. Pairing an X factor like him with AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith will give nightmares to defensive coordinators.

He is the Khalil Shakir or this class. Doesn't run routes and coming out of a funky kinda gimmick college offense. But you are right it is a sneaky need for Philly and he would offer something different as a YAC option than Smith and AJ Brown.

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Browns (BarelyNY) are on the clock
2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

With 11 picks left in round 2, I have 12 second round grades still on the board. 

How many prospects did you have with 1st round grades?

34 minutes ago, Virgil said:

How many prospects did you have with 1st round grades?

I have 21 firsts and 5 1st/2nd borderlines. As a reminder I had 11 firsts in 2023. Safe to say I like this class a lot more. 

EDIT: should add we have had 10 guys picked already I have round 3 grades on. But none that I think are completely ridiculous picks. And one pick (my own) on a guy I haven't graded for my board.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have 21 firsts and 5 1st/2nd borderlines. As a reminder I had 11 firsts in 2023. Safe to say I like this class a lot more. 

EDIT: should add we have had 10 guys picked already I have round 3 grades on. But none that I think are completely ridiculous picks. And one pick (my own) on a guy I haven't graded for my board.

I’m guessing you aren’t interested in providing us with your remaining 12 second rounders?