One month out, who are Your Guys in the draft?

Logic

When I hear Beane talk about WRs it sounds like McConkey to me. When I think about the athletic profiles that Beane has gone after early (Josh, Edmunds, Rousseau, Oliver, Elam) he loves physical talent with upside. His actions make me think it’s Legette. 

• Like (+1) 3

WR - Adonai Mitchell

C - Jackson Powers-Johnson

WR - Troy Franklin

WR - Xavier Legett

S - Tyler Nubin

C - Zach Frazier

G - Cooper Beebe

DT - T'Vondre Sweat

S - Beau Brade

Edge - Jonah Elliss

RB - Audric Estime

DT - Mekhi Wingo

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

When I hear Beane talk about WRs it sounds like McConkey to me. When I think about the athletic profiles that Beane has gone after early (Josh, Edmunds, Rousseau, Oliver, Elam) he loves physical talent with upside. His actions make me think it’s Legette. 

I would disagree with this only because Allen was 21, Edmunds was 20, Rousseau was 20, Oliver 21, Elam 20. When Beane takes athletic profiles in round 1 he does it when they’re extremely young. He has never take a 23 year old raw prospect. If you looking at athletic profiles and youth your looking at Brian Thomas and AD Mitchell 

Even Keon Coleman is 20 but I wouldn’t consider him an athletic freak 

Edited by gonzo1105

I would love to see Braelon Allen, RB, mid round on the Bills. 6’2” 240 lbs 20 years old. Between Cook and him, we’d have a great one two punch combined with Josh’s running ability it would just add addt pressure to the opposing D. The kid avg 5.9 yds per carry and can catch out of the backfield.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I would disagree with this only because Allen was 21, Edmunds was 20, Rousseau was 20, Oliver 21, Elam 20. When Beane takes athletic profiles in round 1 he does it when they’re extremely young. He has never take a 23 year old raw prospect. If you looking at athletic profiles and youth your looking at Brian Thomas and AD Mitchell 

Fair

I just think of Legette as a late bloomer (age aside). I’d be surprised if he liked Coleman because of the lack of separation. He likes guys that get space.  AD Mitchell absolutely fits the description but his George Pickens level effort may turn him off. He probably loves Thomas but I think he is gone in the top 15. 

My guess is if one of the top 3 are on the board at 9, he’s on the phone. He can get a stud that CAN be a number 1 on a rookie deal for 5 years. The Bears only have like 4 picks. You could do something like 28, 2025 1st, pick 128 and pick 133. I think that’s close on the trade chart. You’d still have 60 and a whole bunch of late round picks to fill out your depth with. 

In a Bills mock format:

#28  Adonai Mitchell WR

#60 Kris Jenkins DT

# 128 Beau Brade S

#133 Renardo Green CB

#144 Mohamed Kamara DE

#160 Tory Taylor P

#163 Sam Hartman QB

#189 Miyan Williams RB

#200  Matt Lee IOL

#204 Jaylon Carlies S

#248  Steele Chambers ILB

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Fair

I just think of Legette as a late bloomer (age aside). I’d be surprised if he liked Coleman because of the lack of separation. He likes guys that get space.  AD Mitchell absolutely fits the description but his George Pickens level effort may turn him off. He probably loves Thomas but I think he is gone in the top 15. 

My guess is if one of the top 3 are on the board at 9, he’s on the phone. He can get a stud that CAN be a number 1 on a rookie deal for 5 years. The Bears only have like 4 picks. You could do something like 28, 2025 1st, pick 128 and pick 133. I think that’s close on the trade chart. You’d still have 60 and a whole bunch of late round picks to fill out your depth with. 

my head says that is a lot to give up for a non-QB. But my heart says to give Josh a lethal weapon and we are SB bound!
Follow the heart and win now - pay up later.

2 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

I would love to see Braelon Allen, RB, mid round on the Bills. 6’2” 240 lbs 20 years old. Between Cook and him, we’d have a great one two punch combined with Josh’s running ability it would just add addt pressure to the opposing D. The kid avg 5.9 yds per carry and can catch out of the backfield.

I think he goes day 2.

I wonder where Worthy will end up being selected?

Idea of the day:  

small move up for Worthy & a larger move up for Legette into the early 2nd

maybe giving up a 4th & 5th in Round 1 is enough to jump a few spots.

Then next year’s 2nd in Round 2 for a bigger leap.

I feel the need. The need for speed.

Both players have speed you can feel when watching them.  IMO Legette looks faster on the field than his 4.39 time.   Looks like 4.29

Worthy brings underrated route running and separation.  Legette brings contested catch and physicality.  Both players are threats to score from anywhere

could be a great combo for us for years to come  Xavier & Xavier 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I would disagree with this only because Allen was 21, Edmunds was 20, Rousseau was 20, Oliver 21, Elam 20. When Beane takes athletic profiles in round 1 he does it when they’re extremely young. He has never take a 23 year old raw prospect.

He traded up to get Kincaid just last year who turned 24 shortly after the start of the season.  He’s about the same age as Gabe Davis.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

He traded up to get Kincaid just last year who turned 24 shortly after the start of the season.  He’s about the same age as Gabe Davis.

Kincaid wasn’t a raw prospect, he was a polished product. While he’s athletic, you couldn’t classify Kincaid as an athletic freak because he never tested during the pre draft process due to his back injury 

Think if Dejean is there in round one you take him. He starts immediately at safety or maybe even corner. The cb from Boston College really fits what the Bills do. My guy at receiver is Corley but i am biased and we’ll have to see if he can run routes. He may slip and i hope he does and Bills can grab him in second. Think the Barton kid is gonna be a helluva center for years. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Coleman played basketball and football. I'd think you'd have to be pretty athletic to do so