One month out, who are Your Guys in the draft?

Logic

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Kincaid wasn’t a raw prospect, he was a polished product. While he’s athletic, you couldn’t classify Kincaid as an athletic freak because he never tested during the pre draft process due to his back injury 

That’s not accurate at all in terms of bing a polished product.  A huge part of his draw was the fact that he was raw since he didn’t start playing football until his senior year of high school.

30 minutes ago, Billl said:

That’s not accurate at all in terms of bing a polished product.  A huge part of his draw was the fact that he was raw since he didn’t start playing football until his senior year of high school.

At the FCS level(San Diego) 

Freshmen : 24 catches 374 and 11 TDs

Sophomore: 44 Catches 835 and 8TDs (AP FCS All American)

FBS level(Utah) 

2020: 1 start played in 5 games 

2021:  13 starts 36 catches 510 yards 8 TDs 

2022: 9 starts  70 catches 890 yards and 8 TDs (AP All American) 

Kincaid played 5 years of college football and played in 55 games. He started 24 games at Utah and started another 24 at San Diego. The man started 4 years of collegiate football and 4 1/2 years of college football.

Was an All American at both the FCS and FBS level before going pro and led the FBS in numerous categories as a TE. He wasn’t a raw prospect coming into the NFL 

In comparison to Legette: 

Freshmen: 0 starts 9 catches 80 yards 1 TD

Sophomore: 6 starts 7 catches 113 yards 0 TDs

Junior: 4 starts 8 catches 63 yards and a TD

Senior: 7 starts 18 catches 167 yards and 3 TDs

Covid Senior: 12 starts 71 catches 1,255 yard and 7 TDs(3rd team All American) 

Legette started 29 games for USC, 19 starts less than Kincaid and his stats for his first 4 years doesn’t even eclipse 1 year of Kincaids production. 

Legette exploded and that’s the question people will have to figure out whether the first 4 years were an aberration and he finally figured it out or not. 

Edited by gonzo1105

6 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I just don't see it in him. I don't see a player that can separate with consistency. 

At this point, I don't disagree with you. He's far from a finished product. His family tree tells me he can and will become at LEAST a solid WR in the NFL, if nothing else, he will be a great special teamer. 

5 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Keon Coleman

Mohamed Kamara

I think Keon Coleman will be a star in the NFL. Big bodied, makes contested catches, tough as nails, runs solid routes (I don't think FSU asked him to do much which means he can and will grow and learn from NFL coaches) and seems to be pretty damn competitive. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is from a talent perspective of possible options we have available at our range of picks. Not necessarily an endorsement for taking these players, or in this order.

Day 1:

WR Brian Thomas Jr

WR AD Mitchell

DE Chop Robinson

CB Kool-Aid McKinstry

S    Cooper DeJean

C    Jackson Powers-Johnson

Late Day 1 / Early Day 2 (trade back options)

WR Ladd McConkey

WR Troy Franklin 

WR Xavier Worthy

WR Keon Coleman

Day 2:

DT Kris Jenkins

DT Ruke Orhoroho 

DE Adisa Isaac

DT Braden Fiske

DE Bralen Trice

WR Xavier Leggette

S    Cole Bishop

C    Cedric Van-Pran

WR Johnny Wilson

DE Marshawn Kneeland

CB Mike Sainistril

DT Maason Smith

IDEALLY: We get “our guy” at 28. However, I am a bigger fan for trading back this year to recoup a 3rd rounder because I feel like there are so many WR who can contribute if there are still a few left, or so many WR will go early forcing some really good players to fall. It takes 2 to tango, so you need a trade partner willing to move up, a player worth someone moving up for, and good compensation. If we traded to the mid-30s with someone like Arizona and got pick 90 I think that’s too good an offer to pass up, provided we are confident with who will be available later on. 

I listed more than I planned on, but these players are the ones I like the most in the top-100 pick range. 

1. Adonai Mitchell.  First of all the kid is named after G-d (Adonai is G-d in Hebrew).  That has to count for something.  He has played in 5 CFP games and caught a TD in each game. He is tall, fast and is everything this offense needs.  2nd fastest 40 time in the combine among WRs.  10TDS and averaged 15.9 yards per catch last season for the Longhorns

2. Javon Bullard.  We need a safety that tackles well, knows how to make the big play, (ask MHJr how hard he plays and hits) and can cover a WR.  That is Bullard.  Defensive MVP in the CFP semi-final (Peach Bowl) and CFP Title game in 2023.  QB rating when targeted in coverage last season - 36.6.

3. Sedric Van Pran.  We need a long-term starting center.  Van Pran started 43 consecutive games at center for UGA.  High football IQ, 2nd team all-American, 1st team all-SEC.  Captained an offense similar to what Brady wants to run in Buffalo. 

These three guys also all have a winning pedigree and each has 2 national championship rings. 

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

i was here, but combine was rough. now im a little unsure

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxjELuuXoO_GJMPSrqpCSJdfJRIAL64mpp

In all seriousness, if he's there in Round 2 - that's fine.

But him being ill at the Combine or not didn't change the measurements that I expected to be better. Or the amount of bad tape against subpar non-NFL prospect level CB's when you watch anything but the shiny highlight films.

And if his being ill was the reasoning for his less than expected 40 time and putrid 10 yard split - then why did he stand with those times instead of re-run them at his Pro Day?

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

This is from a talent perspective of possible options we have available at our range of picks. Not necessarily an endorsement for taking these players, or in this order.

Day 1:

WR Brian Thomas Jr

WR AD Mitchell

DE Chop Robinson

CB Kool-Aid McKinstry

S    Cooper DeJean

C    Jackson Powers-Johnson

Late Day 1 / Early Day 2 (trade back options)

WR Ladd McConkey

WR Troy Franklin 

WR Xavier Worthy

WR Keon Coleman

Day 2:

DT Kris Jenkins

DT Ruke Orhoroho 

DE Adisa Isaac

DT Braden Fiske

DE Bralen Trice

WR Xavier Leggette

S    Cole Bishop

C    Cedric Van-Pran

WR Johnny Wilson

DE Marshawn Kneeland

CB Mike Sainistril

DT Maason Smith

IDEALLY: We get “our guy” at 28. However, I am a bigger fan for trading back this year to recoup a 3rd rounder because I feel like there are so many WR who can contribute if there are still a few left, or so many WR will go early forcing some really good players to fall. It takes 2 to tango, so you need a trade partner willing to move up, a player worth someone moving up for, and good compensation. If we traded to the mid-30s with someone like Arizona and got pick 90 I think that’s too good an offer to pass up, provided we are confident with who will be available later on. 

I listed more than I planned on, but these players are the ones I like the most in the top-100 pick range. 

if Sainistril is there in round 2, I think Beane puts the card in IMMEDIATELY. He is a "Process" / "Buffalo" guy through and through. I don't love the idea of corner in round 2 with some other holes on the roster but as we learned last year, can never have enough good ones. I'm hoping we are looking OL/ S/ DL in round 2. (in that oder)

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I think he goes day 2.

I’d be okay to bundle some later round picks to move up to grab him if it makes sense. It’s highly likely most of the day 3 picks aren’t making the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

Couple of day three guys with upside:

Nehemiah Pritchett 

Cornelius Johnson

Day one guy who is a better fit than many Bills fans want to admit:

Cooper DeJean

Day two guy I'll bet the Bills are high on:

Marshawn Kneeland

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 1

Outside of the Top 3 that will be long gone, Brian Thomas Jr., Adonai Mitchell, Xavier Worthy, Xavier Legette are the WR's I'd be happy with in Round 1.

Byron Murphy II or Johnny Newton are the only DT's id be happy with in Round 1.

Laiatu Latu is the only DE (outside of the others that will be long gone) that I'd be happy with in Round 1.

Outside of Round 1, I really like the idea of Braelon Allen at RB. Tyler Nubin, Javon Bullard, or Dadrion Taylor-Demerson at Safety. Kris Jenkins, Braden Fiske, Michael Hall Jr., Ruke Orhorhoro, or DeWayne Carter at DT. And I like Ja'Lynn Polk, Javon Baker, Jermaine Burton, Jalen McMillan, Brendan Rice, and Luke McCaffrey in the 60-128 range at WR.

• Like (+1) 1

I've really only scouted the QBs and WRs (and read about some other positions but I wouldn't really swear by anyone since I haven't watched their film.

• Drake Maye - To me, the #1 QB in the draft. For the life of me I do not understand the current buzz that Daniels and JJ could go ahead of him. I don't think those two are remotely close to Maye as a prospect.
  • Javon Baker - I still need to watch film properly on him, but I feel like I kinda caught on to him before it was cool to like him which is always fun.
  • Jacob Cowing - Might be too small to make it in the NFL, but his film was awesome to me. Really rooting for him at the next level.
  • Keon Coleman - Feels like a pretty good chance he busts in the NFL, but he kinda reminds me of Josh Allen when he was coming out of Wyoming where despite all the evidence that we should avoid him, I like him.

27 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I've really only scouted the QBs and WRs (and read about some other positions but I wouldn't really swear by anyone since I haven't watched their film.

• Drake Maye - To me, the #1 QB in the draft. For the life of me I do not understand the current buzz that Daniels and JJ could go ahead of him. I don't think those two are remotely close to Maye as a prospect.
  • Javon Baker - I still need to watch film properly on him, but I feel like I kinda caught on to him before it was cool to like him which is always fun.
  • Jacob Cowing - Might be too small to make it in the NFL, but his film was awesome to me. Really rooting for him at the next level.
  • Keon Coleman - Feels like a pretty good chance he busts in the NFL, but he kinda reminds me of Josh Allen when he was coming out of Wyoming where despite all the evidence that we should avoid him, I like him.

Coleman has become increasingly intriguing to me, despite some red flags that had me initially dismissing him. Not 100% sure about the Josh Allen comparison you put forth, because Allen had all the physical traits and then some, whereas Coleman apparently lacks the agility and acceleration you look for on day one. Both prospects were viewed as raw, for sure. Unrefined and/or inconsistent. I'm lately coming around to Coleman as a possible DAWG, like Allen, who still has so much room for improvement. 

Elite ball skills and body control in a big basketball frame (for a WR)? Sounds like an intriguing X option who might project better than he tests (with some work). That combine gauntlet was basically the best we've ever seen, beating out Puka Nacua's showing from the year prior. Coleman tests very similar to Nacua overall, turns out, but is taller and heavier. 

Can't shake the feeling he could be exactly what the Bills have been missing.