With new rules in place. Do you want the Bills to be on Hard Knocks this summer?

NFL has changed qualifications for Hard Knocks meaning the Bills are eligible to be forced to do it this summer as they removed the playoff criteria.  Here are the only teams that aren't qualified.

They have a first-year head coach in place.

They're participating in the in-season show during the upcoming year or the following season. 

They have appeared on "Hard Knocks" in the past eight years.

They apparently will also feature an In Season Hard Knocks where they'll follow four teams in a division.  It's doubtful the AFC East will be chosen this year since the Fish did it last year and the Jets were in the summer addition.

I used to be against it because of the possible distraction but it's not like avoiding the show has led to a Super Bowl birth.  I would enjoy the behind the scenes stuff and get a better sense of the personalities of the coaches and players.  Would be curious if you guys would welcome it or think it's too big of a distraction.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 4
  • Sad 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

I would hate it.  It’s a huge distraction and I see no benefit for the team.  

Exactly, my fellow FL Bills fan.  McD would have a kniption if he had to be on tape for Hard Knocks.  I can proudly say I’ve never watched the show as it’s a freak show.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

It is a distraction but I would watch it.   The show is way tuned down with the actual drama and key conversations showed.  The teams clearly have influence on what is airable so the show is not what it once was.   If  was able to choose, I would say no for the Bills but at this point it is inevitable, everyone has to take their turn at some point.  Its like the home game in London....eventually your number comes up.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

NFL has changed qualifications for Hard Knocks meaning the Bills are eligible to be forced to do it this summer as they removed the playoff criteria.  Here are the only teams that aren't qualified.

They're participating in the in-season show during the upcoming year or the following season. 

They apparently will also feature an In Season Hard Knocks where they'll follow four teams in a division.  It's doubtful the AFC East will be chosen this year since the Fish did it last year and the Jets were in the summer addition.

I used to be against it because of the possible distraction but it's not like avoiding the show has led to a Super Bowl birth.  I would enjoy the behind the scenes stuff and get a better sense of the personalities of the coaches and players.  Would be curious if you guys would welcome it or think it's too big of a distraction.

No.

It would be kinda nice to have the Bills be on it some day. I know it isn't ideal for the team, but I'm a fan. It would be fun to get a deeper look into the team.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think there’s a decent chance we’re picked.