Poll - Would you trade our 2025 1st round pick to move up in this draft to get a top WR

Virgil

Would you trade our 2025 1st round pick to move up to 17 or 18 in this draft for a WR?  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade our 2025 1st round pick to move up to 17 or 18 in this draft for a WR?

• Yes
    • No

We have so many picks this year and It's such a deep class. I'd do next years 2nd, this year 4, 5 ,6 to go up to 16-19 to get Brian Thomas JR. The top 3 would cost too much for me and hopefully Beane.

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Watkins comparisons are a bit out of place. Moving up for a WR when your QB is EJ Manuel or the like is never advisable. Not saying I’d do it, but it’s hardly apples to apples. 

Not entirely.

Watkins was not ruined by a bad QB. He would have bust whether he played with EJ, Tyrod or Mahomes. In fact, I think his best year was with Tyrod despite having played with Mahomes. 

If Watkins was as advertised, he would have still been on the team Allen’s first few seasons in the league and having a positive impact on his development as young QB,  regardless of EJ busting. 

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

No, Sammy Watkins redux 2.0. 

I don't even disagree with you but this is the worst counter argument. Different players, different team makeup, diff : decade, gm, hc, qb league offense style, roster make up etc etc etc

Lazy answer I see parroted non stop on here

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, MPL said:

I have this feeling that somebody drafted in round 2 or 3 will end up being the best WR in the draft class. Not saying we don't need to take one at 28, but just this premonition that if we move up, we'll end up wishing we had waited and picked a different guy. 

This wr class is thick enough with talent I'd be highly surprised if this isn't the case on any WR picked after #4. Puca Nacua and Tank just came out of this draft.

I agree with the premise of the point but it's all about who has best scouting staff and trusts them to follow their board (or move up when it's called for). We see this every year with top organizations... and knowing how to develop their prospects.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And I've mentioned this a couple times before, but imagine if Minnesota had spent a boat load of picks to trade up to Draft a higher ranked prospect instead of staying put and taking the 5th WR off the board in Justin Jefferson.

It's no guarantee the higher rated prospect at any position in any class is going to end up the better NFL player. It's practically irresponsible to pay a King's Ransom for a "better" WR in a class that has (in my book) EIGHT WR's with a 1st Round grade.

How about trading said pick, along with others, to acquire a WR that has turned into a malcontent B****, when you could’ve stayed put and taken Jefferson?

• Eyeroll 1

I voted Yes but went by the post title before looking at the details.  I would trade the 2025 pick to get Harrison or Odunze, not for the other receivers.  There’s enough of them that are similar that, Yes, it could be like trading up for Sammy when you could’ve just taken Mike Evans.  #hindsight

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Absolutely not. The draft is deep enough with talent at the position that it would make no sense to make that move IMO. This is a draft where I would let the draft come to me.

I read this every year... And then it gets to our pick and the position you want is not available do to a (in this case WR run) before our pick and we are forced to do something else. Last year we wanted a WR.. and ended up with TE. It worked out but point being... A Bigger WR run could easily happen this year before our pick... and people will be saying post draft ... we should have moved up.

may I remind you, many people wanted Jordan Addison last year... He would have had a 1100 yard year with the Bills easy... 

You see... its easy to bring up history on a bad move up/down but people have selective memories of who they wanted that would of been an amazing player to have on this team... 

Do i want to move up? no..

Would I be upset if we did? heck no... 

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Not entirely.

Watkins was not ruined by a bad QB. He would have bust whether he played with EJ, Tyrod or Mahomes. In fact, I think his best year was with Tyrod despite having played with Mahomes. 

If Watkins was as advertised, he would have still been on the team Allen’s first few seasons in the league and having a positive impact on his development as young QB,  regardless of EJ busting. 

Didn’t say he was ruined by EJ, but the team wasn’t a contender. That made the move more questionable. Watkins didn’t live up to his billing to be certain, but that is always a risk- even in the first round. My point is that one could make an argument for a move up to snag a top WR for Allen. Still not saying I’d do it, but you could make a case for it. It was more foolish than not for an EJ led Bills team. 

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Sammy seemed like a can’t miss prospect at the position and look at how that turned out. 

28 to 17 or 18 for our 2025 1st rounder just feels like too much to give up regardless of what the trade chart says. 

It's an overpay even on the Trade Chart. 17 is worth 296. 28 and 60 equal out to 297.