Miami makes offer to Odel

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

I think it's unlikely he will have as good as a stat line as he did in Baltimore with Miami. 

He didn't have a good statline with Baltimore. 

What's that a WR has a bad stat line with Lamar Jackson at QB? Say it ain't so.

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

And there is only 1 ball to go around. hill, waddle, Achane, and Mostert are All higher priority targets. 

This is a positive, not a negative. I never understood this mindset. If OBJ is their 3rd best WR I hesitate to even call that a good problem to have because it isn't a problem. Loading up on offensive talent has been by far the most common way teams have made championship runs in recent years, so I'm never going to criticize a team that already has a lot of offensive talent for adding more talent on top.

Not that this move makes me worried about the Dolphins. They have holes all over the defense. And they are still stuck with Tua. At this point I'm just wondering if they're actually going to commit to him long term... Fingers crossed that they do.

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is a positive, not a negative. I never understood this mindset. If OBJ is their 3rd best WR I hesitate to even call that a good problem to have because it isn't a problem. Loading up on offensive talent has been by far the most common way teams have made championship runs in recent years, so I'm never going to criticize a team that already has a lot of offensive talent for adding more talent on top.

Not that this move makes me worried about the Dolphins. They have holes all over the defense. And they are still stuck with Tua. At this point I'm just wondering if they're actually going to commit to him long term... Fingers crossed that they do.

I hear you. I guess it’s a matter of whether you can afford it. Seems like a poor allocation of cap space for a #3 WR, who will be mostly a decoy and maybe catch like 20 passes. They have enough other toys in that offense that can play that same role. 

Agree on Tua! 

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I hear you. I guess it’s a matter of whether you can afford it. Seems like a poor allocation of cap space for a #3 WR, who will be mostly a decoy and maybe catch like 20 passes. They have enough other toys in that offense that can play that same role. 

Agree on Tua! 

I'll have to see what the contract looks like. If they're giving him like $10M per year I'll say they overpaid him, but I doubt he'll get that much at this stage of his career. I see him being the WR version of Jadveon Clowney for the rest of his career, hopping from team to team on mid-tier 1 year deals. So if they're giving him say $8M this year what are they missing out on instead? Wilkins and Hunt were walking no matter what. The 2nd tier FA market was pretty light at their positions of need, while the WR market was flush with talent. So why not build strength on strength, if that's where the market value lies?

• Like (+1) 3

Is it too much to ask to spell his name right in the title? Can find it instantly on the internet or even in this very post. Just a pet peeve. Gives me a headache seeing it spelled wrong. Correction is your friend. 

• Sad 1

Beckham was really only elite with the Giants, and that's because they moved him all around and threw him the ball a TON. He was heavily featured there.

So, it has been a long time since he has been a player to fear.

He’s a good player, but not a star. 

at his price, and in Miami - I can’t say I think that he will be the best value possible. You could likely get similar production a bit cheaper and without it being yet another guy in the clubs as heavily as he would be

32 minutes ago, stuvian said:

If he thought Mayfield had a weak arm I can't wait to hear what he thinks of Tua's popgun

To say nothing of being doomed to always travel from comfy Miami confines to play frigid January playoff games in B-lo or KC? 

Curious if the Dolphins are expecting some sort of punishment for Tyreek?

His kid burned down his house, he broke a women’s leg at a charity flag football event, and now has what feels like his 13th domestic abuse/disturbance. 

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Curious if the Dolphins are expecting some sort of punishment for Tyreek?

His kid burned down his house, he broke a women’s leg at a charity flag football event, and now has what feels like his 13th domestic abuse/disturbance. 

As long as he didn't bet on a basketball game at the facility he should be fine.

As for the Fins even entertaining signing OBJ signals to me they're going to invest on the o-line in day one and/or two of the draft.  They have to given the lack of quality free agents still available at their main position of need.  Should be good news for us if we are targeting a WR.

• Like (+1) 1