PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

4 minutes ago, papazoid said:

It says in the second link radiant heating. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Are the actual seats heated? Or is this radiant heat being ‘cast’ down on them? If it’s the latter then it makes no difference if you’re standing. If it’s the former then I’ll bet money they’ll all be broken in three years…tops. 

The in-seat heating didn't last long in the current clubs. It was pretty awful.

• Agree 1

On 4/15/2024 at 8:55 PM, Augie said:

On the aisle?  Do they cost extra? I’d pay a premium to be on the aisle vs the middle of the row. 

I know aisle seats are preferable for most, but since I don't get up and move a whole lot during the game, I'd rather be in the middle.

Sitting in an aisle seat you have to keep getting up every time someone from the interior seats needs to get something to eat or drink, or hit the rest room. Sometimes it's not too bad, but if there are restless kids and people who need to pee more frequently (like my wife),  you're up and down all afternoon with these short attention span fans if you're on the end.

I can easily sit until halftime or after the half until game end without having to go anywhere. Give me the middle seats.

Edited by SoMAn
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoMAn said:

I know aisle seats are preferable for most, but since I don't get up and move a whole lot during the game, I'd rather be in the middle.

Sitting in an aisle seat you have to keep getting up every time someone from the interior seats needs to get something to eat or drink, or hit the rest room. Sometimes it's not too bad, but if there are restless kids and people who need to pee more frequently (like my wife),  you're up and down all afternoon with these short attention span fans if you're on the end.

I can easily sit until halftime of game end without having to go anywhere. Give me the middle seats.

To each their own, and I understand your rationale. I just tend to be a bit claustrophobic and I’m up and down all game anyway. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

The Founder’s Club seats are heated seats and also have radiant heat overhead. Those seats and row depth are enormous. Rob could sit on Rex’s lap (nasty image) and they still would not reach the seat in front of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

The Founder’s Club seats are heated seats and also have radiant heat overhead. Those seats and row depth are enormous. Rob could sit on Rex’s lap (nasty image) and they still would not reach the seat in front of them.

I love the radiant heating. It is plenty for me personally. 

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

Um, no it’s not. The seat heaters were a disaster. They hired a company out of Europe that hadn’t done it before. They broke at alarming rates. Over the last 15ish years, the radiant heat has been above the seats. It works well. I sit directly under it. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

36 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Sounds like we agree? Not sure what you mean by “no it’s not”?

Just found the “in seat heating” to be vague. Maybe you meant that the heaters within the seats didn’t work. On that, we agree. It’s been over 20 years since the Bills sold that as a benefit and like 18 years since they last tried to service them. Not sure why that’s a talking point? 

It was replaced with radiant heat, maybe 15 years ago and that works great. “In seat heating” encompasses both. One works fine (radiant heat). One was a disaster (heated chair backs) that ended 2 decades ago. Just clarifying for those trying to understand the whole picture without any sort of agenda being injected. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Um, no it’s not. The seat heaters were a disaster. They hired a company out of Europe that hadn’t done it before. They broke at alarming rates. Over the last 15ish years, the radiant heat has been above the seats. It works well. I sit directly under it. 

According to our rep when we went on the tour of the clubs a few years ago they told us that the company that did them went out of business and that’s why they scraped trying to fix them and went with the radiant heaters. I’m not saying what you said was wrong. I’m assuming it’s correct. Just relaying that the company most have been so terrible at what they did that they went out of business. 

47 minutes ago, mrags said:

According to our rep when we went on the tour of the clubs a few years ago they told us that the company that did them went out of business and that’s why they scraped trying to fix them and went with the radiant heaters. I’m not saying what you said was wrong. I’m assuming it’s correct. Just relaying that the company most have been so terrible at what they did that they went out of business. 

That’s 100% true. They hadn’t done it before. They tried to fix them for a few years but it didn’t work. The company went out of business and they went to the radiant heat. There were a couple of years of neither actually (maybe around 2005). 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

Just found the “in seat heating” to be vague. Maybe you meant that the heaters within the seats didn’t work

Yes that’s exactly what I meant. The heaters in the seat didn’t work. I love the radiant heating.

57 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s 100% true. They hadn’t done it before. They tried to fix them for a few years but it didn’t work.

The Bills and/or Erie Co share the blame in this. Why would you hire a company to install in-seat heating that has never done it before?

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The Bills and/or Erie Co share the blame in this. Why would you hire a company to install in-seat heating that has never done it before?

For sure!! The memory is a little fuzzy but I think that the company heated the pitches in England. They had never done seats before. They tried to bring the technology to the seats. It worked for a little while but they started to break. Fixing them was costly. Then the company when bankrupt and parts were gone. Disaster

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I would guess the contractor or sub contractor did this.  I doubt very much the peeps at OBD are researching seat heaters

45 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

For sure!! The memory is a little fuzzy but I think that the company heated the pitches in England. They had never done seats before. They tried to bring the technology to the seats. It worked for a little while but they started to break. Fixing them was costly. Then the company when bankrupt and parts were gone. Disaster

Another way to look at it was a new tech that nobody has really really tried yet. If it worked we wouldn’t be complaining about it. From what I hear from people is they preferred those to what we have now. But I’m guessing that’s all opinion. 

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Heated seats? We used to sit in the cold and the wet at the Rockpile while praying our car would still be where we left it before the game! Ahhhh, the memories. 

And….sometimes you found out that your totally unheated seat was directly behind a big steel post. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And….sometimes you found out that your totally unheated seat was directly behind a big steel post. 

The Bob Uecker Suite.  

Takeo Spikes would have been invited.  

On 4/18/2024 at 7:25 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Heated seats? We used to sit in the cold and the wet at the Rockpile while praying our car would still be where we left it before the game! Ahhhh, the memories. 

Our seats at the Rockpile were under the roof because my father didn’t want to sit in the rain. Unfortunately, we were under a part of the roof where a seam connected two sections, and the seam leaked. The result was water coming down on us like it was shot out of a fire hose. Good times…..

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

For anyone that’s gone through the stadium experience, are the Founder’s, East / West, and Sideline clubs the only “premium” seating options being presented? 

I know there will be many more price points for the “regular” seats than in the current stadium, but during the big season ticket holder survey a while back I kind of remember their being discussion of perhaps 10+ different “types” of seating options, all with varying levels of amenities. 

Just curious if maybe some of that has been scrapped (due to cost overruns) and we’re looking at more of an apples to apples comparison on seating options compared to the current stadium. Or maybe there’s going to be varying levels of amenities within the “regular” seats that haven’t even been presented yet since it’s all been club at this point? 

Just thinking out loud, any info or insights would be appreciated! 

1 hour ago, eball said:

Thanks for letting us know. 

No need to crap on the guy just for making the statement that between ridiculous PSL & Tix costs, they are being priced out.  Actually very sad that many long time STH will be in the exact same predicament.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

On 4/17/2024 at 1:18 PM, plenzmd1 said:

Hey  @Kirby Jackson, do i have this right? Let's say you had clubs now, but turned them down and told them you needed to move into another part of the stadium for financial reasons...are you put at the top of the list when that non-club section goes on sale? Or once everyone who previously sat in :"that section" has gone through, you then get to pick. and this just keeps repeating until you find seats you like?

Maybe just me, but the excitement of the new stadium has already worn off..feels like the news cycle has moved on. i mean I am 135 row 22(28 yd line or so) and it feels like it will be sometime in 25 before I go. just no juice for me there anymore

Asked this question via email to my Legends rep. She called today and stated the following:

If a club seat holder turns down club seats then they will fall behind the existing stadium seat STHs priority. If there are leftover club seats after all club seat holders are contacted, then stadium seat STHs would have the option of club seats in addition to comparable stadium seats in the new stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BuffaloNuts said:

Honestly. Everyone should boycott the PSLs. Need to send a message. Die hard fans shouldn't have to take out a mortgage for season tickets. That's insane. 

Appreciate the advice as to what we should do with our money. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, BuffaloNuts said:

Honestly. Everyone should boycott the PSLs. Need to send a message. Die hard fans shouldn't have to take out a mortgage for season tickets. That's insane. 

I mentioned this the other day. You are aware that fans aren’t in a union, right? This isn’t collective bargaining! While I appreciate your frustration, there’s no way to organize such a boycott. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Translation: PSL’s aren’t going over well with our fan base, stadium is going over the projected cost (as it always does), Kim can’t take over ownership after Terry, etc. (therefore, time to sell 25% of team)

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I mentioned this the other day. You are aware that fans aren’t in a union, right? This isn’t collective bargaining! While I appreciate your frustration, there’s no way to organize such a boycott. 

Not to mention why should anyone tell other people what to support or not support?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not to mention why should anyone tell other people what to support or not support?

I wouldn’t go that far. Hearing from other people is rarely a bad thing. But that’s way different from be ordered to actually DO something. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Einstein said:

No need. PSL’s are selling poorly enough that Pegula is potentially selling 25% of the team.

And Knighthawks and perhaps the Sabres too.

If we leave a half built stadium in the parking lot, I smell one heck of a 30 for 30😂

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I don't think anyone has proof if PSL's are selling poorly.

True. Could be selling about as projected. Cost overruns may be outpacing what the market can realistically cover. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

No need to crap on the guy just for making the statement that between ridiculous PSL & Tix costs, they are being priced out.  Actually very sad that many long time STH will be in the exact same predicament.  

You mean the long time STH who benefited from the greatest deal in the history of professional sports for decades?  Those STH?

Cry me a river, buddy.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

You mean the long time STH who benefited from the greatest deal in the history of professional sports for decades?  Those STH?

Cry me a river, buddy.

…and the superfan has spoken!  😂