Dane Jackson to Panthers

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Dang. I'm a Dane fan, but that looks to be a HUGE overpay. 

He's frequently been neck and neck at the CB2 spot here and we've generally been seen as having a good secondary, it's not that surprising. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Good for him.  He earned it. 

Not really sure he "earned" it, as a guy who started 28 games over four seasons in Buffalo.....but i see what you're getting at.

16 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Wow. I like Dane as player in a pinch and really hope the best for him as he grew up literally down the road from where I live but this might unfortunately turn into the Levi Wallace scenario where his success was more so the system he was playing in…

Again, hope for the best as he had decent moments for us through the past 4 seasons. Good luck, hope I’m way wrong. 

His success could be measured in the form of $14.5 million dollars. That’s pretty darn successful!   😋

But yes, scheme is so important and you had better be a good fit. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Wow, good contract for him. We definitely were not going to pay that. But he is a decent player. Good luck to him.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Comp picks incoming!!  Way more than what the Bills would have given...good deal for him...not sure if he is worth it but this might be a move to help get a winning "culture" in that locker room, just was never going to get that money from the Bills...

• Like (+1) 2

It's kinda fun being the team that guys like this leave to go get over paid elsewhere, rather than being the bottom feeder overpaying for run of the mill system players because we don't build our own pipeline.

We lived that life for 20 years, signing the Drayton Florence's of the world because we couldn't draft worth a *****.  

Now we have guys who develop pipelines... Jackson, Lewis, Wallace, Johnson, Benford, and Neal if you count guys they brought from Carolina on the cheap. 

They leave to be paid, we cycle in Ingram, Brown, and likely will draft at least 1 probably 2 secondary guys with our 9 picks in rounds 4-7... They've done amazing things developing DBs, and I expect that to continue.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

We might actually keep one of our late round dbs. The last few have been getting getting signed like wildgoose and Austin, who I liked, from last year.  Hopefully, they find another diamond in the rough like Benford and sit behind Douglas for a year or two.  Unfortunately, I don't think Elam will be consistent enough in the scheme.