Bills sign Nicholas Morrow

1 hour ago, JMM said:

Yikes, looking at the replies on Twitter the Philly fans are literally laughing at this signing. All I know is that the LB and secondary were trash for them last year 

Yeah, and clearly with Edmunds, Milano, Bernard, Dotson, etc., Beane and McDermott don’t have a clue when it comes to LB talent.

Big “yikes”. Philly fans on a message board should be running the Bills.

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Really interesting signing.  I guess that means the Spector is going to be the primary LB on Special Teams. I suppose he is Milano health insurance?

I guess we can scratch LB depth off the draft list. 

If someone high on their board falls into Day 3, I don't think this signing will affect them drafting another LB.

That's what these insurance type UFA signing are about.

1 hour ago, JMM said:

Yikes, looking at the replies on Twitter the Philly fans are literally laughing at this signing. All I know is that the LB and secondary were trash for them last year 

Not sure what they’re laughing at…we might’ve won the Super Bowl last year if you swap Klein for morrow lol 

they must think he’s starting? 

Really? Because the one position I thought the Bills might have an overabundance of depth at was LB. This one is a mystery to me 

35 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

From WGR's Sneaky Joe's brother who follows the Eagles (sounds like a decent depth signing).

So he's hopefully less of a liability than AJ Klein

Here's a nice piece on him when the Jets picked him up in 2021.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/02/19/new-york-jets-free-agent-profile-las-vegas-raiders-lb-nicholas-morrow/

Outstanding coverage in 2020

Morrow was a backup-quality player over his first three seasons (more on that later), but in 2020, he ascended to an elite level in coverage.

Dropping back into coverage on 411 snaps over 14 games, Morrow was targeted 53 times and allowed 36 catches for 265 yards, four touchdowns and 10 first downs. That’s a conversion on just 26.4% of pass attempts, well below the 2020 league-wide average of 36.3%.

Morrow allowed only 5.0 yards per target, third-best among linebackers to face at least 30 targets in their direction, trailing only Roquan Smith and Lavonte David. His average of 0.64 yards allowed per cover snap placed at the 86th percentile among qualified linebackers, while his Pro Football Focus coverage grade of 70.4 landed at the 83rd percentile.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I know jack squat about this player, but I can tell you the Eagles forum is celebrating his departure.

Eagles were the worst I’ve seen in a long time in terms of their LBs and CBs. No reason not to celebrate when any of them are leaving. We would be celebrating too if we were them. 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is the only thing that's a little suspect.

He is about Ronnie Lott's size.  And I remember Lott to be amazing.  

Matakevich can't play NFL LB.  He might hot be able to play High School LB.  And Klein moves like George Blanda in his later years.  Guy was starting and calling D signals for a team that had just played in the Super Bowl.  I doubt he sucks.  And is probably pretty decent given the numbers he had last year.  Our LB's are always getting injured.  Welcome Nick Morrow.  Lets get you that Super Bowl ring you've been longing for!!

33 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Why are people acting like this guy is anything more than depth and special teams?  

Our depth guys always end up playing.  Because the NFL is the injury league.  And last year our special teams sucked.  (Good to see Neal was finally cut. Did he make more then half a dozen good plays in his career w the Bills?) 

And if this guy can make some plays when called upon at LB.  And maybe be good on ST, then its a strong signing.

Beane ain't signing scrubs.