Legal Tampering News (lets try to keep it all in one thread) - Begins today at 3/11 Noon

MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I feel like Nate, after learning how 17 different offenses work, is going to have a random season when he’s 39 where he throws 5000 yards, 48 TDs, 4 picks, and wins MVP/CPOTY.

Wasn't there a former (like long time ago) Bills backup who resurfaced when he was like 37 or 38 and had one great 6-7 game stretch for like Washington or someone then vanished again? 

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Wasn't there a former (like long time ago) Bills backup who resurfaced when he was like 37 or 38 and had one great 6-7 game stretch for like Washington or someone then vanished again? 

Johnson? Not sure, but it happens.

Case Keenum, Geno Smith, Jacoby Bresett. 

One of the McCowns.

Kyle MF Orton. 

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Johnson? Not sure, but it happens.

Case Keenum, Geno Smith, Jacoby Bresett. 

One of the McCowns.

Kyle MF Orton. 

At first I thought Todd Collins but that was so long ago...

It was somewhat recent I think, unless time passes that quickly. It was a guy who never did anything here, not sure he ever even played. Then he had a "look at this guy!" moment for like 5 minutes before reality set back in and I don't think he was ever heard of again. 

Maybe he went from Washington's backup to Chicago the next year to be their starter and played for 2-3 games before getting benched for good? 

41 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’d like to remind everyone that there is an absolute ton of starting quality talent out there still. 

Well if other teams accept food stamps then we are in business!!!!

26 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I feel like Nate, after learning how 17 different offenses work, is going to have a random season when he’s 39 where he throws 5000 yards, 48 TDs, 4 picks, and wins MVP/CPOTY.

Thus fulfilling the final line of the mummies curse.

1 minute ago, BeastMode54 said:

How are the Dolphins doing this? I thought they had a worse cap situation than we did

The Dolphins had a lot of high dollar players with big regular salary hits that can be restructure.

Beane doesn't have that with the Bills.  Only few guys that he can get a few million from left.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Wasn’t Miami supposedly in worse cap shape than the Bills? They lost an absolute TON, but have managed to shake a few coins from the couch to make some decent signings. 

They have made all these signings in the past...and we still kicked their asses.

I love how these posts are worded..

More speed for the Falcons with Ray Ray McCloud

More help for Josh Allen with Mack Hollins

More protection for (random QB) with 120 pound 5’6 man on one leg 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The Dolphins had a lot of high dollar players with big regular salary hits that can be restructure.

Beane doesn't have that with the Bills.  Only few guys that he can get a few million from left.

I'm gonna love it when we win the division again.  They feel like a house of cards this year waiting to fall over, and after that things get very dicey. 

Their biggest concerns moving forward:

Tyreek Hill has a 56M cap hit in 2026 when he will be 32.  They also have a huge dead hit in 2026 on ramseys deal for the void years to lower his cap hit.

Holland is a free agent in 2025, and Waddle will need an extension next season or he's playing on a 16M cap hit team option, or holding out.  Feel like you almost have to try and trade him. 

Their offensive line is currently worse than it was a year ago, and it wasn't good.

Their defensive line is currently worse than it was a year ago.  They lost wilkins and while Sieler is a good player, its a big drop off losing wilkins.  0 depth.  

Chubb blew out his knee, phillips his achilles, van ginkel is gone.  Added Barrett.  Lot of money tied up between chubb and barrett this year.

Secondary should be solid.  Ramsey and holland are great.  Poyer is still a solid safety.  Fuller fills and probably upgrades howards spot.  But man the depth is... not great. 

Tua doesn't have a future contract at the moment.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Good - maybe we can run the friggin ball against the bengals this time.  

9 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Jags getting serious about their WR room.  Too bad we dont.

Currently 2 of their top 3... are WR's nobody wanted on buffalo.  Super serious. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I'm gonna love it when we win the division again.  They feel like a house of cards this year waiting to fall over, and after that things get very dicey. 

Their biggest concerns moving forward:

Tyreek Hill has a 56M cap hit in 2026 when he will be 32.  They also have a huge dead hit in 2026 on ramseys deal for the void years to lower his cap hit.

Holland is a free agent in 2025, and Waddle will need an extension next season or he's playing on a 16M cap hit team option, or holding out.  Feel like you almost have to try and trade him. 

Their offensive line is currently worse than it was a year ago, and it wasn't good.

Their defensive line is currently worse than it was a year ago.  They lost wilkins and while Sieler is a good player, its a big drop off losing wilkins.  0 depth.  

Chubb blew out his knee, phillips his achilles, van ginkel is gone.  Added Barrett.  Lot of money tied up between chubb and barrett this year.

Secondary should be solid.  Ramsey and holland are great.  Poyer is still a solid safety.  Fuller fills and probably upgrades howards spot.  But man the depth is... not great. 

Tua doesn't have a future contract at the moment.  

They seem to constantly role in and out of high-priced guys.  I don't understand their plan.

They will live and die with Tua getting rid of the ball quickly.  If he signs for $50M AAV it will be a big risk.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Good - maybe we can run the friggin ball against the bengals this time.  

Currently 2 of their top 3... are WR's nobody wanted on buffalo.  Super serious. 

And we couldn't beat them before this offseason. 

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

anybody know the validity of this account

What money is he talking about?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

They have made all these signings in the past...and we still kicked their asses.

Understood, but my point is more of a “how are they doing this” vs a “I’m worried about what the dolphins are doing” sorta thing.