Knox "Reworks" Deal Frees Cap

MAJBobby

Just now, Back2Buff said:

Hoping they didnt just push stuff down the road with him.

If it was, we would be hearing "restructure"

If we are taking the Miller model, I would suspect that it's a base salary reduction with a potential to be even more money if he returns to 2021 form.

Which...if he's getting 550 yards and 8 TD, I am ok with.

• Like (+1) 3

I was told a couple weeks ago Knox was approached about a paycut. I'm not sure what leverage we used considering his dead money hit would have been higher than his normal cap hit, but I'm glad to see he accepted the paycut. Perhaps we threatened a release with a post-6/1 designation?

Glad to see Beane being especially ruthless this offseason. It is a necessary change.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

Hoping they didnt just push stuff down the road with him.

There is not much more they can do, unless the converted or reduced his contract $ and then added a load of additional incentives for this year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

"reworked" sounds more like a pay cut than just a restructure

I'm glad Von and Knox were willing to take less money after a down year.

Curious what the terms of this looks like? 

Shooting from the hip I am curious if they basically added a year or two, kept the same total value but increased his guarantees? That would mean that Knox would ultimately have more security and guaranteed money even if it means less year to year? 

Unsure though. Just guessing. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I was told a couple weeks ago Knox was approached about a paycut. I'm not sure what leverage we used considering his dead money hit would have been higher than his normal cap hit, but I'm glad to see he accepted the paycut. Perhaps we threatened a release with a post-6/1 designation?

Glad to see Beane being especially ruthless this offseason. It is a necessary change.

Sounds like a similar deal to Von. I think the guy likes playing in Buffalo and with Josh Allen who they are really good friends. Wonder if that played a small part in this. 

Imagine working you way up the depth chart, balling out, and signing a big contract to be the TE1 of a top offense for years to come.

Then the very next offseason your team trades up in the 1st round to select another tight end, and the offseason after that, they're knocking on your day asking you to take a paycut.

Tough business. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3