Mike Evans to hit free agency (UPDATE: Re-signed by TB)

4 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Because literally everything is a low-key dig at our futility.

It just seems like all these big time free agents are always connected to a. AFC East team not us lol.  Understandably not us cause we have no money 

10 hours ago, H2o said:

He already has one. At this point in his career, he's probably just looking for one more payday. If he can get that AND chase a ring he would do it. I think the biggest threat to steal him from Tampa is Houston. He played his college ball at A&M (College Station is fairly close to Houston), he's also from Galveston, TX which is not that far from Houston, Houston has $68M, and they have CJ Stroud. 

I just don’t know that he fits a need there with nico as their big body

9 hours ago, 90sBills said:

I’ve always wondered how Davis would do in that offense. I think there’s a real possibility this happens. 

See mvs or other WR3 guys they’ve pushed into platoon 1-2 roles 

1 hour ago, babulator said:

Just think we could have drafted him and still had another 1st round pick. o\ F!@%ing Whaley. That trade/pick set us back years...

Not quite true.  Tampa Bay picked him before our original pick was up.  On the other hand, trading up for a HOF receiver would have been worth trading next year’s one.  Truly a monumental FU by the front office.  Make the trade and pick Mack or Evans.  Stay put and pick Beckham or Donald.  Rest of our draft that year was crap as well.

• Like (+1) 1

If Diggs and Miller didn't exist, and a cleaner cap outlook in general, I would be on board 100%.

Evans will be 31 going into this season.  A team will essentially need to pay out a lot of future dead/overpay cap for a few really good seasons

14 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Can we get to 100 pages by April?

I like Mike. 

But with how deep this draft is at WR I'm more into finding the NEXT guy that can have an Evans like production at a cost controlled price. Yes, the draft is a crapshoot but WRs on the wrong side of 30 rarely stay productive long when they hit FA. So as good as he's been that's a risk IMO as well. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Could we swap Evans for Diggs?  Trade Diggs to someone to get out from under his salary and sign Evans to a more team-friendly deal.

He has an untradeable contract

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Houston makes a lot of sense. Comes down to what he's looking for. Does he actually want to win or is he just gonna pull a JJ Watt and go to whatever warm weather team offers the most money for a couple of years before retiring.