Does this team actually have the guts to move on from Tre White?

Jim

It's right there in the title. The man we basically got in return for Patrick Mahomes has basically been nowhere for this team since 2021. He's due to make a ton of money in 2024 and judging by his "comeback" in 2022, it seems absolutely insane that they are gonna pay him all that money next season to fearfully rehab through November and then play like a 5th rate CB when he comes back.

We also have two starting CB. Benford and Douglas.

Cut Tre White's ass as soon as we can. Either that or he needs to accept a shitload less money, cuz otherwise we will just be showing that this team is not serious about winning a Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 6

There is a decent way to explain why the team would choose to move on from Tre White. A player that has been nothing short of the consummate professional and an outstanding representative of the team. 

And then there is the disrespectful, lazy way that you presented it. 

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Like (+1) 20
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 22
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 15

He may not receive a high salary on the free market, so he might accept a pay cut to stay with Buffalo and remain in the familiar system while he continues to recover.

Edited by uticaclub
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

What does "guts" have to do with it?

Episode 4 Nbc GIF by The Office

The fact that we keep guys like Damar Hamlin around cuz he's a "nice story", pay jerkoffs like Dawson Knox tons and to go into a critical season with Gabe Davis as our number two receiver despite ample proof that he ain't that guy shows that a lot of this team is governed by keep "good feelings" and that they don't wanna mess with a guy with a "nice story." Tre's been such a wonderful guy and a great teammate that he needs to be kept around despite showing for two and a half years that he won't be a difference maker when it's crunch time. Either due to literally being unavailable due to injury or just straight up getting smoked by Cincinnati's receivers.

Edited by Jim
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 10
  • Eyeroll 11
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, Jim said:

It's right there in the title. The man we basically got in return for Patrick Mahomes has basically been nowhere for this team since 2021. He's due to make a ton of money in 2024 and judging by his "comeback" in 2022, it seems absolutely insane that they are gonna pay him all that money next season to fearfully rehab through November and then play like a 5th rate CB when he comes back.

Cut Tre White's ass as soon as we can. Either that or he needs to accept a shitload less money, cuz otherwise we will just be showing that this team is not serious about winning a Super Bowl.

You should take a break.  Sounds like you’re drunk sitting in your recliner all angry and bitter at the world looking for something to complain about

• Like (+1) 12
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

There is a decent way to explain why the team would choose to move on from Tre White. A player that has been nothing short of the consummate professional and an outstanding representative of the team. 

And then there is the disrespectful, lazy way that you presented it. 

Here's the thing. I'm not Brandon Beane, Sean McDipshit or Terry Pegula. They can let him down easy when they cut his ass an wish him well. I'm a fan who wants to win. It seems like Tre is a wonderful young man. But guess what? He hasn't do ***** to help us win in a long time. So guess what? So long *****. See ya when you're back to "lead the charge!"

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

The fact that we keep guys like Damar Hamlin around cuz he's a "nice story", pay jerkoffs like Dawson Knox tons and to go into a critical seasonsith Gabe Davis as our number two receiver despite ample proof that he ain't that guy shows that a lot of this team is governed by keep "good feelings" and that they don't wanna mess with a guy with a "nice story." Tre's been such a wonderful guy and a great teammate that he needs to be kept around despite showing for two and a half years that he won't be a difference maker when it's crunch time. Either due to literally being unavailable due to injury or just straight up getting smoked by Cincinnati's receivers.

The Bills renegotiate with and release players every year. It's not a problem.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

You should take a break.  Sounds like you’re drunk sitting in your recliner all angry and bitter at the world looking for something to complain about

I'm a bitter Bills fan. The world does have a lot of problems, but those are too big. Complaining about how my favorite team is run is easier.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Here's the thing. I'm not Brandon Beane, Sean McDipshit or Terry Pegula. They can let him down easy when they cut his ass an wish him well. I'm a fan who wants to win. It seems like Tre is a wonderful young man. But guess what? He hasn't do ***** to help us win in a long time. So guess what? So long *****. See ya when you're back to "lead the charge!"

Lmao sounds like there’s a reason you’re not the boss

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Lmao sounds like there’s a reason you’re not the boss

Indeed there is. If my dad was Buddy Ryan or Mike Shanahan or Andy Reid or Bill Belichick I'd probably have at least an assistant coaching job. Seems that's all you need to get an assistant job in the NFL. So that'd be a start.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Jim said:

I'm a bitter Bills fan. The world does have a lot of problems, but those are too big. Complaining about how my favorite team is run is easier.

There's no such thing a bitter fan. Just bitter people wearing team gear.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The more I read about this "anchoring" technique to heal a torn achilles... no.

Tre might actually be participating fully in the minicamp in a couple months.

I think we restructure his deal, which would be smart, but if we get a fully healthy Tre White by minicamp, maybe McDermott and Babbich can transition Benford or Douglas to Safety. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

Here's the thing. I'm not Brandon Beane, Sean McDipshit or Terry Pegula. They can let him down easy when they cut his ass a wish him well. I'm a fan who wants to win. It seems like Tre is a wonderful young man. But guess what? He hasn't do ***** to help us win in a long time. So guess what? So long *****. See ya when you're back to "lead the charge!"

Wow, didn’t think you would double down after that first obnoxious post. Interesting strategy. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Jim said:

Wouldn't it be a better idea to see where he's at before cutting him? He was an vital piece of our defense pretty much since he's been drafted and has been nothing short of a great leader back there, I think he deserves better than "let's cut his ass now". The hot takes are running wild on here!!!

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel2014
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Wow, didn’t think you would double down after that first obnoxious post. Interesting strategy. 

Seriously who gives a *****? Tre White surely don't. He's been paid handsomely to play football. And unfortunately he isn't able to play football when we need him most. Therefore, there's the door Tre. Let's use the money they'd otherwise pay him to find somebody who will be helpful next January. I don't see what him being "an outstanding representative of the team" brings to a team when opposing offenses are gaining almost 10 yards a play on them in the playoffs.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Seriously who gives a *****? Tre White surely don't. He's been paid handsomely to play football. And unfortunately he isn't able to play football when we need him most. Therefore, there's the door Tre. Let's use the money they'd otherwise pay him to find somebody who will be helpful next January. I don't see what him being "an outstanding representative of the team" brings to a team when opposing offenses are gaining almost 10 yards a play on them in the playoffs.

Tre White gives a ton of *****. Money aside, he's one of the guys that truly loves football and desires to be great.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Wouldn't it be a better idea to see where he's at before cutting him. He was an vital piece of our defense pretty much since he's been drafted and has been nothing short of a great leader back there, I think he deserves better than "let's cut his ass now". The hot takes are running wild on here!!!

Does the team have the money to sit back and see what they have with him now? I don't think they do. We can't just leave things as they are and hope things are better in August. That's how you end up with more Trent Sherfield's and Deonte Harty's at skill positions. The team needs to explore every option to bring in better talent, and since we have two starting outside cornerbacks, I can't see how it'd be smart to bring back a player who was so noticeably skittish about coming back from his ACL injury, and then performed like a joke when he finally came back later that season. We can just hold onto Tre in the hope that after a tough 2024, he's gonna come out of the other end as the old version of himself in 2025. And even if that's the best case scenario, that's not close to good enough. That would basically mean we were paying this man top dollar for 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 to either sit on the bench or play like *****. Let's let him go and thank him for being a great guy. He can go be a great guy for the NY Giants as he's getting smoked by AJ Brown. We don't need him in his current state for the amount of money he costs. Or really at any cost considering the guy hardly plays, and has played like absolute ass most of the games he's been in since his injury.

34 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

He may not receive a high salary on the free market, so he might accept a pay cut to stay with Buffalo and remain in the familiar system while he continues to recover.

Sure and if he accepts a highly reduced rate that allows us to make other moves fine. But if he doesn't want to, they better be able to make that so called "tough decision" pretty easily.

Edited by Jim

40 minutes ago, Jim said:

Does the team have the money to sit back and see what they have with him now? I don't think they do. We can't just leave things as they are and hope things are better in August. That's how you end up with more Trent Sherfield's and Deonte Harty's at skill positions. The team needs to explore every option to bring in better talent, and since we have two starting outside cornerbacks, I can't see how it'd be smart to bring back a player who was so noticeably skittish about coming back from his ACL injury, and then performed like a joke when he finally came back later that season. We can just hold onto Tre in the hope that after a tough 2024, he's gonna come out of the other end as the old version of himself in 2025. And even if that's the best case scenario, that's not close to good enough. That would basically mean we were paying this man top dollar for 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 to either sit on the bench or play like *****. Let's let him go and thank him for being a great guy. He can go be a great guy for the NY Giants as he's getting smoked by AJ Brown. We don't need him in his current state for the amount of money he costs. Or really at any cost considering the guy hardly plays, and has played like absolute ass most of the games he's been in since his injury.

Sure and if he accepts a highly reduced rate that allows us to make other moves fine. But if he doesn't want to, they better be able to make that so called "tough decision" pretty easily.

I mean they could always give him a pay cut and they will again most definitely be restructuring guys like Dawkins/Diggs/Allen etc in order to create more room. But I disagree about leaving things as is, I think we have a strong bunch of core players we just need to stay healthy. We'll be losing a bunch of players this year but I think Beane has done a really good job finding talent all throughout the draft so I think we'll be alright. I'm sure they'd make that decision if it came down to it but I'd rather keep our star players than just cut them for no reasoning, Tre was starting to turn into his old self before the injury so before I old yeller him out by the pasture I'd like to see if the old dog has anything left.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel2014

Can’t even move on from him until he is healthy. He’s under contract.

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Why do I get the feeling that life is treating you the exact same way you want to treat Trey White

Tell us who hurt you, sir

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah, that’s not a thing

And

Before you say Demar Hamlin, that’s an NFL perception thing not a fan-based thing

I wasn’t referring to Hamlin. He’s a fringe player. Tre White is already a great example of a player that should’ve been traded 2 seasons ago.

The Bills have a different issue going on now also. Most of our players on defense aren’t tradable due to McD’s scheme. It very well could be true that not many teams were really interested in White’s services a few years ago.

If you think back to Carolina and Josh Norman at his peak, there wasn’t a huge market for him compared to Revis and others because he was strictly a zone guy. He did get paid in Washington but it was clear that there wasn’t much interest elsewhere.

But, it’s done. It’s fine. We didn’t get out in front of that one but the decision is easy now with White.

Will Beane prove my point? I bet he does.

Edited by Governor

18 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

They will either cut him, or he’ll have to take a serious cut.  I expect a cut.  I also expect Von to get cut even with the cap hit on both ends.  Any savings is worth it as they are not helping the team.

Are you aware of the amount of cactus that it would be if we cut Von Miller?

If we do this, how do we get under the 50 million over the cap we are currently

I think Von Miller is on this team next year and they expect him to contribute right or wrong

40 minutes ago, Governor said:

I wasn’t referring to Hamlin. He’s a fringe player. Tre White is already a great example of a player that should’ve been traded 2 seasons ago.

The Bills have a different issue going on now also. Most of our players on defense aren’t tradable due to McD’s scheme. It very well could be true that not many teams were really interested in White’s services a few years ago.

If you think back to Carolina and Josh Norman at his peak, there wasn’t a huge market for him compared to Revis and others because he was strictly a zone guy. He did get paid in Washington but it was clear that there wasn’t much interest elsewhere.

But, it’s done. It’s fine. We didn’t get out in front of that one but the decision is easy now with White.

The easy is not so easy because he’s injured. You can’t cut an injured player. It immediately goes onto your cap.

5 hours ago, Jim said:

Do we also have the guts to move on from Poyer, Morse & DaQuan. The Bills need to move on from these older vets.

Morse - still a good player but he's 1 head injury away from missing extensive time he's also north of 30 and saves 8+ mil on the cap. Plus we already have his replacement in house with Bates. Bates just turned 27yrs old and has performed at a high level when he's played. The Bills have serious cap problems and can't afford for Morse to get Injured again while eating serious cap space it's time to move on from him and give Bates his chance.

Poyer- Poyer is another older vet 33yrs old and has lost a step this last season do we really want him to stick around and see if he loses another this upcoming season? Poyer has around 6mil in cap savings if released and the safety market is full of young players and won't cost much to get his replacement maybe a player like Jeremy Chinn who's still young and has shown massive potential early in his career and can come in here and play at a higher level then Poyer has this last season. 

DaQuan - Another player that still has some game but coming off an injury and entering next season at 31yrs of age do we really want to sign him back to a 2-3 yr extension? The Bills don't have the cap space to take chances. There's potential free agents like Tair Tart or Raekwon Davis that would cost way less and play nearly as good as DaQuan. Mof I think we can sign both these players for around what it would cost to keep DaQuan. I say that's a win for us. 

This off-season is a great opportunity for the Bills to enter a mini reset phase get younger & cheaper. Move on from older vets and take on some young hungry players all while fixing there cap for upcoming seasons. The question is does McBeane believe these guys are even old ? I don't believe they do actually I think they will bring all of them back. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The more I read about this "anchoring" technique to heal a torn achilles... no.

Tre might actually be participating fully in the minicamp in a couple months.

I think we restructure his deal, which would be smart, but if we get a fully healthy Tre White by minicamp, maybe McDermott and Babbich can transition Benford or Douglas to Safety. 

So u want to wait in see if this new technique will work for Tre while the team is over the cap by 45 mil ?  Then if he's good move another corner that's just fine at there position to safety I don't think that's logical its time to move on and use the cap savings on a real safety. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

So u want to wait in see if this new technique will work for Tre while the team is over the cap by 45 mil ?  Then if he's good move another corner that's just fine at there position to safety I don't think that's logical its time to move on and use the cap savings on a real safety. 

There is a easy route to re-negotiation and a pay cut with Tre that realises basically the same cap saving as a cut. If Tre is willing to negotiate they should. If he wants to be paid at his current rate they have to cut him. 

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is a easy route to re-negotiation and a pay cut with Tre that realises basically the same cap saving as a cut. If Tre is willing to negotiate they should. If he wants to be paid at his current rate they have to cut him. 

If they can keep him for near or at the cap hit if he's cut then why not otherwise he has to go.

8 hours ago, Jim said:

I’d be shocked if Tre plays under his current contract this season. It’ll be a renegotiation or release. No need to get worked up about this today. The new league year doesn’t start for about a month. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.