Rate your hatred (Chiefs vs Patriots)

Rigotz

I don't think anything will beat my hatred for the Brady era Patriots. Just that is was so one sided, and omni-present. That we were guaranteed to try for the wild card every year Brady was there. 10/10

Right now, my hatred of the Jets and Dolphins comes before the Chiefs, not so much for my hatred of the teams themselves, but that the sports media landscape repeatedly sprints to crown them as the new kings of the division. The Dolphins put up 70 on a bad team, despite a history of December collapses and their offense having only full throttle or implosion, they should be division favorites. The Jets get Aaron Rodgers and they were awarded the division before playing four snaps.

Kansas is a 6-7/10. I do not like them, but they are legitimately good but beatable.

• Like (+1) 1

I hate the Pats more. Always got flags to go there way. Their coach was always a douche. I dislike kc too, but nearly as much. Only thing that really bothers me about kc is Kelce. I'm sure he's a great guy, but I can't stand his arrogance on the field 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

Miami is tops on my loathing list

Cheatriots are a close second

Chefs are a distant third

Interesting to see so many people hating Miami.

I don't even pay attention to them. Josh Allen is their Daddy and we dominate them in every critical moment.

Mine is much higher for the Chiefs- because they are the hurdle keeping us out of the SB.  Yes the Patriots won a lot, but lets be honest- we weren't a good team and it's not like we could have won the SB any of the drought years.

Cheating in sports ruins everything.

I have way more respect for the Chiefs than I ever will for the Patriots.   

Mahomes sat and watched and learned.  He turned out great.

Brady sat, replaced Bledsoe, was relayed the defensive calls, gifted three super bowls when is was average.   He cheated the QB learning curve which is the hardest thing in sports to overcome.

Pats are 10

Chiefs are a 7 because I know we can play with them, but it is annoying to keep losing to them. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

The Chiefs for two reasons.

1.  You can't escape the Kelce and Mahomes ads and excessive, pervasive celebrity ball washing.

2.  Clark Hunt is behind the effort for the NFL to allow private equity investment in the NFL which is a nightmare of an idea.

If my last name was Hunt I would not name one of my kids a name that ends in k. And Clark should probably go by his middle name at this point.

I think it’s the Chiefs for me. Tom Brady celebrity stuff didn’t happen until later in his career. The Chiefs have become celebrities being a dynasty in the era of social media gone crazy. I find the celebrity worship portion of KC’s success to be obnoxious. KC’s star players are now portrayed as these perfect superhero’s on and off the field.  Additionally, the Pats and Brady gave off snotty frat dude vibes, while the Chiefs act like hillbillies who made it big. I’ll always choose the latter as less annoying. 

Edited by SirAndrew

Hilarious with the 'I still hate the Patriots and always will' responses.

Um hello, the Chiefs have a guy that should have been a Buffalo Bill, have ended their super bowl dreams 3 out of the last 4 years in the playoffs, and are still just getting started in terms of the heights Mahomes and that franchise are going to reach in the coming years.

Trust me, if you don't hate the Chiefs now wait until next year at this time when they are the first team in NFL history to 3peat and/or go 20-0 on the season. You ain't seen nothing yet.....

4 hours ago, Rigotz said:

I think most of us would agree that the Brady Era Patriots were insufferable.

Let's call them a 10/10 in terms of hatred.

If your second favorite team (Lions? Saints?) is a 1/10, where do the Chiefs land?

I'll start. I'm at about a 6 right now. It's more respect that hatred. Yes, Mahomes is annoying and the Swifties thing is bad... but I don't feel the same burning hatred as I did with the Patriots.

Curious where everyone else stands!

Don’t care about the Pats anymore, but they were a 10/10 for me.  

I don’t hate the Chiefs, I only hate Kelce.  I respect the greatness that is Mahomes, he’s the only other player that makes my jaw drop on a weekly basis outside of Allen.  And with him and Allen being competitive yet friends is good vibes.  Unlike when Pats and Brady had no respect for the Bills, nor should they have with how crappy we were.  

I do hate seeing them win though without actually hating the team.  I am categorically sick of Swift and can’t wait until that’s done.  

New England is the most hated, and it's not even close.   I lived in New England in the late 90's and went to many games in the Sullivan / Foxboro stadium.  Most people didn't care, didn't understand the game, couldn't explain what a first down was.   I remember tailgating with some friends before Patriots games and we like to ask random fans to name other mascots in the NFL.  At least half their "fans" couldn't name more than 5 other teams.     Then those arrogant f'ers start winnning and act like they're god's gift to the NFL.  Plus all those despicable characters that were their leaders for those 20 terrible year.  It was cruel punishment to have them play in so many championsip games

I would be glad not to see KC in the AFCG or Superbowl for at least 10 years.  But I dont even hate the Chiefs 2% as much as the Patriots.   i actually hate the TB Bucs way more than the Chiefs.   Those idiots gleafully adpoted Brady, Gronk, Antonio Brown, etc. 

The Chiefs fans are riding high in recent years.  But other than a couple loud mouths in the media, I have found their fans to respectful and not over the top.  Can't say the same for those Massholes. 

5 hours ago, Rigotz said:

I think most of us would agree that the Brady Era Patriots were insufferable.

Let's call them a 10/10 in terms of hatred.

If your second favorite team (Lions? Saints?) is a 1/10, where do the Chiefs land?

I'll start. I'm at about a 6 right now. It's more respect that hatred. Yes, Mahomes is annoying and the Swifties thing is bad... but I don't feel the same burning hatred as I did with the Patriots.

Curious where everyone else stands!

6 seems really low to me.

I'm at about 9.5.

They are the new Patriots and get used to the winning SBs while Josh ages with none.

The Cheatriots are a 10/10 for me without a doubt. I despite Boston fans.

The Chiefs? 6/10, meh, they did what they needed to do... never considered them a rival and still don't because the Bills beat themselves when we play them in the playoffs.

Brady dominated the Bills for so long that I was just numb to it.. I would just plan the L automatically.  With The Chiefs it’s not just Mahomes.. it’s Kelce and Fckn Taylor Swift.. gimme a break.  Are they going to show her after every Kielce completion next season too?  The NFL released an entire vid of her responses to numerous plays at the SB.. it was posted on the official NFL channel on YouTube.  The “darlingness” for the chiefs is out of control.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.