Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

10 hours ago, Buftex said:

When EJ Manuel and Sammy Watkins were Bills, fans were super ***** toward them. Sammy had an adorable daughter, and pretty much all he posted was pictures of the two of them doing things together. Bills fans would just badger him non-stop saying things like "There is Sammy hard at work doing nothing to ensure he can stay healthy". His family members always defended him, it got really ugly. I was embarrassed, as a Bills fan. Diggs is a fantastic player, but I think, in some ways, he brings a lot of the negativity on himself. While I agree, much of his "drama" is media driven, but he could easily quash it if he wanted. It's like he likes the attention. 

Thank you.  99% of this is HIS doing, and he can end it any time he wants. 

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

It’s crazy to see him post photos from a shoot he did, and see all the horrible things ‘fans’ say to him.

This man will have NOTHING positive to say about Bills fans when he leaves. 

Then he'll be an idiot.  Twitter (now X) - all social media these days - is pretty much a sewer.  You can meet the dregs of humanity on there.

If I choose to go walk in a sewer and throw leftover steak around to lure out the rats, when I could instead take a stroll through the beautiful park that is life off social media and look at the beautiful flowering trees and bulbs, watch little bunnies nibbling and see squirrels and deer and look for owls perched in trees, I'd be an idiot.  

I'd be even more of an idiot if I conclude, based on my sewer walk choice, that all animals are rats (or that all Bills fans are horrible).

And I could go further than that.  In the sewer of X, if Diggs chose to post positive content like he did when he first came to Buffalo and posted videos of himself doing incredible sprint workouts where he got up to peak speeds of 21 or 22 mph, or doing catching drills hauling in off-target balls while standing on 1 foot on a balance ball, he'd draw out the well-dressed and best behaved 'rats' to say nice things to him.  But he doesn't, so the well-dressed and best behaved X'er fans have no reason to look at his content and interact, they're frustrated by the obscure "ready for watever" breadcrumbs he tosses down and they leave him alone.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Maybe the idiots getting spun up about a one, two, or three word tweet bear some responsibility?  Clearly Diggs has a work ethic, talent and desire to win.  That irrational fans think a three word entry on social media negates all of that and that we should somehow exhaust a huge chunk of salary cap to make our team less of a contender is not on Diggs.  Luckily it’s also not real life.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Well then quit posting stupid **** on social media.  Play stupid games, you get stupid prizes.

I don't feel sorry for an athlete who is a multi multi millionaire who posts **** just to mess with folks then catches **** over it.

Except he's not really, he has FLAT OUT stated he wants to be a Bill, retire a Bill, loves Josh, and hopes he isn't traded.  You guys just are sooooooo desperate for drama and for every other tweet to mean something nefarious.

What is absolutely crazy to me is that you people actually believe conspiracy theories, rumors, and click bait nonsense more than you actually believe DIRECT FACTS coming out of the mouth of ALL the people in question.  Beane, Josh, Diggs, etc have all flat out made concise and clear statements about Diggs and his future here this year...yet you people disregard all of it as if its NOT true info and instead just make up your own theories using your Cracker Jack Secret Decoder Rings to decipher things to mean something totally different.  

Heck, if I was him, I would just troll all the internet trolls on the regular because it's going to happen no matter what he does or posts.  

So I don't feel sorry for gullible internet slaves who fall for every click bait article and internet rumor that go get themselves all worked up about nothing.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

LMAO...you cant be serious.  HE DID END IT.  

You just chose not to believe his DIRECT statements of wanting to be here, retire a Bill, his desire NOT to be traded, his love for Josh, etc.  Beane ALSO ended it and made it clear they believe in Diggs 100% as a WR1 here this year.  

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Maybe the idiots getting spun up about a one, two, or three word tweet bear some responsibility?  Clearly Diggs has a work ethic, talent and desire to win.  That irrational fans think a three word entry on social media negates all of that and that we should somehow exhaust a huge chunk of salary cap to make our team less of a contender is not on Diggs.  Luckily it’s also not real life.

the guy poking the bear is easier to remedy than is the bear. 

I’d agree anyone getting totally out of sorts over it is silly but it’s exactly what he’s looking to get too. 

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You just chose not to believe his DIRECT statements of wanting to be here, retire a Bill, his desire NOT to be traded, his love for Josh, etc.  Beane ALSO ended it and made it clear they believe in Diggs 100% as a WR1 here this year.  

something about his behavior not matching the words particularly well - no?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

OK Stef. Then stop sending out stupid tweets to perpetuate it. Diva who has disappeared the end of last 2 seasons and playoffs. 

• Eyeroll 4

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

the guy poking the bear is easier to remedy than is the bear. 

I’d agree anyone getting totally out of sorts over it is silly but it’s exactly what he’s looking to get too. 

something about his behavior not matching the words particularly well - no?

He stated last year during the season and again this offseason how he gets tired of answering the same questions every time he has already directly answered.  The media keeps trying to bait him into to saying something they can twist to be a click bait, he knows it, and he is over it.  

It doesn't matter what he says, no one believes anything other than the conspiracy they are searching for confirmation bias on which is why they clip pieces of an interview to make it look like it was "cryptic" where if you listen to the whole interview it wasn't.  

He made his stance clear on wanting to remain in Buffalo...what anyone else tries and decipher from every little thing he does is on them, not him.

• Like (+1) 1

I wish I could remember who posted it, but a poster insightfully pointed out that Diggs’ 2022 and 2023 seasons were pretty much the same - great first half, lousy second half.  So what the heck is going on?  I certainly don’t buy the age thing.  Thirty year old receivers don’t fall off a cliff.  So again, why the dramatic drop off in consecutive years?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, noacls said:

OK Stef. Then stop sending out stupid tweets to perpetuate it. Diva who has disappeared the end of last 2 seasons and playoffs. 

Lol, as if that would change anything.  Didn't stop any of you when he came out and said he wants to retire a Bill and hopes he isn't traded...you ALL still piled on him even then and just called him a liar.  

So maybe stop making up stupid narratives off meaningless tweets

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, as if that would change anything.  Didn't stop any of you when he came out and said he wants to retire a Bill and hopes he isn't traded...you ALL still piled on him even then and just called him a liar.  

Maybe you should stop wearing rose colored glasses. 

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He stated last year during the season and again this offseason how he gets tired of answering the same questions every time he has already directly answered.  The media keeps trying to bait him into to saying something they can twist to be a click bait, he knows it, and he is over it.  

It doesn't matter what he says, no one believes anything other than the conspiracy they are searching for confirmation bias on which is why they clip pieces of an interview to make it look like it was "cryptic" where if you listen to the whole interview it wasn't.  

He made his stance clear on wanting to remain in Buffalo...what anyone else tries and decipher from every little thing he does is on them, not him.

It's hilarious that some people will want people athletes to be honest and answer the questions....he does but now people are like "but what about the tweets?!?!?"

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

i'm with ya....diggs put this all to bed....for last season (2023).

has he said anything similar for 2024 ?

i mean his brother keeps talking he needs to get out of buffalo, sources in the league (lombardi for one) say he's in play to be traded, diggs himself posts cryptic .

teams and players say positive stuff during the season all the time, hide their true feelings and then before next season even starts they are cut or want out.

he has a history of doing this, forcing his way out, there's too much smoke to be nothing.

i prefer he stays in buffalo and puts this to bed again,  for this season.

22 minutes ago, noacls said:

You see...this is your issue.  You think direct answers are fake and if you believe facts its looking at it with "rose colored glasses" and that its less reliable than the confirmation bias conspiracy theories you tin foil hat wearers come up with.

So maybe you should stop wearing the tin foil hat.

7 minutes ago, papazoid said:

i'm with ya....diggs put this all to bed....for last season (2023).

has he said anything similar for 2024 ?

i mean his brother keeps talking he needs to get out of buffalo, sources in the league (lombardi for one) say he's in play to be traded, diggs himself posts cryptic .

teams and players say positive stuff during the season all the time, hide their true feelings and then before next season even starts they are cut or want out.

he has a history of doing this, forcing his way out, there's too much smoke to be nothing.

i prefer he stays in buffalo and puts this to bed again,  for this season.

It was this offseason where he stated he wants to retire a Bill, hopes he isn't traded and that Josh is family.  He made it clear like a month ago he doesn't want to be traded, he directly stated that and directly stated he wants to retire a Bill. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, noacls said:

Better than poop colored ones, imo.  Bills fans are such drama queens that in the offseason we must keep the Houseives franchises in business.  

Michael Lombardi on McAfee just casually talking about how Diggs is available for the right price. 

Mentions it in passing like it’s just common knowledge. 

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Maybe the idiots getting spun up about a one, two, or three word tweet bear some responsibility? 

Of course they do.  But they also likely "are what they are".

My experience from this and other venues: 80% of people are nice, reasonable, well-doing people.

Another 15% can get easily upset, but will calm down and will then listen to other points of view.

There's about 3% that are reactive and pugnacious and need to bang their head into a wall some, to decide maybe the wall won't relocate for the benefit of their skull.

Then there's the remaining 2% who are just not able or willing to interact with any POV but their own.  They "are what they are".

Caveat: I am regularly shocked by some of the well-sourced info @SDS used to bring up (maybe still does) in the Shoutbox about how many Americans believe Q or other conspiracy theories, so maybe my past experience is Out Of Date and it should be remembered that 95% of statistics are made up.

Edited by Beck Water

34 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So your stance is he is emphatically here and doing nothing at all to invite the response he has gotten essentially his entire career?

it’s just a vast media conspiracy against him to create clicks, and he could do nothing to remedy this problem?

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You see...this is your issue.  You think direct answers are fake and if you believe facts its looking at it with "rose colored glasses" and that its less reliable than the confirmation bias conspiracy theories you tin foil hat wearers come up with.

So maybe you should stop wearing the tin foil hat.

It was this offseason where he stated he wants to retire a Bill, hopes he isn't traded and that Josh is family.  He made it clear like a month ago he doesn't want to be traded, he directly stated that and directly stated he wants to retire a Bill. 

And this is your issue, your arrogant enough that you think you can tell me how to think. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

So your stance is he is emphatically here and doing nothing at all to invite the response he has gotten essentially his entire career?

it’s just a vast media conspiracy against him to create clicks, and he could do nothing to remedy this problem?

Yup.  Until we hear REAL information that is confirmed and says otherwise.  He was an excellent teammate all season and he declared his desire to retire here this offseason amongst all the nonsense rumors.  Beane stated the same.  

If others want to fall for social media click bait, thats on them.

1 minute ago, noacls said:

And this is your issue, your arrogant enough that you think you can tell me how to think. 

LMAO you are the one who just told me to stop wearing rose colored glasses.  Me telling you to stop wearing a tin foil hat makes me arrogant but not you for your comment?  lol ok bud

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Poor Stef, the innocent victim of folks in the media having the gall to remember that he forced his way out of Minnesota 4 years ago.

• Agree 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Poor Stef, the innocent victim of folks in the media having the gall to remember that he forced his way out of Minnesota 4 years ago.

And acts almost the same way he did in Minnesota.  

4 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

"I'm ready for watever" and THE MEDIA went nuts... that's not Stef, that's a bunch of bottom feeders calling themselves journalists speculating on FOUR INNOCULOUS WORDS... like this:

432573710_7235256843261413_2763399659518119042_n.jpg

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

And acts almost the same way he did in Minnesota.  

It's the fans' fault. Obviously.

As we all know, there was nothing to talk about in Minnesota. Listen to what Diggs had to say.

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12118/11456004/stefon-diggs-signs-new-five-year-81m-deal-with-minnesota-vikings

"I love it here. I truly do, and I'm just happy I'll be here for a while now," Diggs said after practice Tuesday.

"That's why I want to play for them for selecting me in the fifth round. It was a bumpy road that day, and I just remember getting a call, and they gave me a chance.

"They believed in me, and they won, and going forward they pushed me to be where I am now."

There's just no way they trade him two years later after that contract extension for say.... the 22nd pick in the 2020 NFL draft. Diggs said he loved it in Minnesota! It's crazy how fans make mountains out of molehills.

Even the PellRaiser agrees:

This is just Diggs being Diggs.  He expressed some frustration with the offense and his role. He was good in the building when he got back and put up good numbers. Long-odds that Diggs gets traded, he's under contract for at least 3 more seasons. No way Minnesota trades him.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yup.  Until we hear REAL information that is confirmed and says otherwise.  He was an excellent teammate all season and he declared his desire to retire here this offseason amongst all the nonsense rumors.  Beane stated the same.  

If others want to fall for social media click bait, thats on them.

LMAO you are the one who just told me to stop wearing rose colored glasses.  Me telling you to stop wearing a tin foil hat makes me arrogant but not you for your comment?  lol ok bud

meh. If that keeps you happy, who am I to argue it but I do think it’s just as far in left field as those that are enraged by his tweets. At least for your sake it’s a much more zen way to detach!

• Like (+1) 1

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10113608-stefon-diggs-rumors-belief-bills-will-rework-contract-avoid-trade-in-free-agency

"If they were to get rid of Stefon Diggs, if they couldn't rework his contract, it would require a trade. But there's also a belief that they can get to a place with Diggs that they can get a restructured contract to still keep him in Buffalo and still keep him happy. As we know, though, last offseason this got a little bit sticky. We'll see if general manager Brandon Beane, one of the best in the league, can keep this situation peaceful and keep Stefon Diggs on the roster this coming season."

Per Spotrac, a pre-June 1 release would result in $49.5 million in dead cap and a pre-June 1 trade would give them a dead cap hit of $31 million.

A post-June 1 release would yield a dead cap hit of $27.3 million this year and $22.2 million next year, whereas a post-June 1 trade would result in $8.8 million in dead cap and $19 million in cap savings this year, but also a $22.2 million dead cap hit next year.

If the Bills intend to keep their No. 1 wide receiver and pair him with free-agent signing Curtis Samuel, as well as a potential early draft pick, they have a couple options to make his contract more palatable.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Michael Lombardi on McAfee just casually talking about how Diggs is available for the right price. 

Theoretically, any player is available for "the right price".  The question is whether "the right price" for the seller, and "the right price" for the buyer, have any realistic overlap.

At this point, the potential trade partner needs to be willing to give up something of great enough value to compensate the Bills for losing the talents of a legit top-10 WR in the league (even last season by most metrics - targets, receptions, TD, 1D) - who is clearly still the best WR on the team and it isn't close. And they need to be willing to take on $19M of financial obligation this year including $18.5M of guaranteed salary.

$19M per year slots Diggs in as #17 or 18 for active WR contracts which sounds like good value, but consider that roughly half of the top-20 WR are actually on their first contracts so are actually better value.  And then set the fact that Diggs age of 31 next season and there are significant metrics where he wasn't top-10: yards (13 for a WR), YAC (something like 51 for WR), drop% (something like 27th for WR).  

Then there are the rumors about Diggs being a bit of a headache - the stuff we see in the public like not showing up for OTAs and a meeting that led McDermott to say he was "very concerned"; arms raised yelling at Josh on the sideline during the Bengals playoff game; dipping out of the locker room and away from the press after two successive playoff losses; and any inside rumors there might be of stunts he's pulled behind the scenes or behavior in the locker room that's not the best.

If nothing else, a trade partner has to ask "if the Bills are willing to incur a cap hit and trade the best WR on the team, Why?"

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

If nothing else, a trade partner has to ask "if the Bills are willing to incur a cap hit and trade the best WR on the team, Why?"

The same question the Bills asked 4 years ago, and we’re fine with the answer.

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Theoretically, any player is available for "the right price".  The question is whether "the right price" for the seller, and "the right price" for the buyer, have any realistic overlap.

At this point, the potential trade partner needs to be willing to give up something of great enough value to compensate the Bills for losing the talents of a legit top-10 WR in the league (even last season by most metrics - targets, receptions, TD, 1D) - who is clearly still the best WR on the team and it isn't close. And they need to be willing to take on $19M of financial obligation this year including $18.5M of guaranteed salary.

$19M per year slots Diggs in as #17 or 18 for active WR contracts which sounds like good value, but consider that roughly half of the top-20 WR are actually on their first contracts so are actually better value.  And then set the fact that Diggs age of 31 next season and there are significant metrics where he wasn't top-10: yards (13 for a WR), YAC (something like 51 for WR), drop% (something like 27th for WR).  

Then there are the rumors about Diggs being a bit of a headache - the stuff we see in the public like not showing up for OTAs and a meeting that led McDermott to say he was "very concerned"; arms raised yelling at Josh on the sideline during the Bengals playoff game; dipping out of the locker room and away from the press after two successive playoff losses; and any inside rumors there might be of stunts he's pulled behind the scenes or behavior in the locker room that's not the best.

Yea, he seemed to allude to the fact that he's available, but is a team willing to meet the asking price and then take on the rest of the contract.  The answer to that, based on his vibe in talking about it was "not likely".

It just struck me the way he discussed it.. so matter of fact and in passing like "oh, obviously he can be had and everyone knows it". 

Edited by SCBills

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Your paragraph above would seem to be a more than sufficent answer to the bolded question, or am I missing something? :) 

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10113608-stefon-diggs-rumors-belief-bills-will-rework-contract-avoid-trade-in-free-agency

"If they were to get rid of Stefon Diggs, if they couldn't rework his contract, it would require a trade. But there's also a belief that they can get to a place with Diggs that they can get a restructured contract to still keep him in Buffalo and still keep him happy. As we know, though, last offseason this got a little bit sticky. We'll see if general manager Brandon Beane, one of the best in the league, can keep this situation peaceful and keep Stefon Diggs on the roster this coming season."

Per Spotrac, a pre-June 1 release would result in $49.5 million in dead cap and a pre-June 1 trade would give them a dead cap hit of $31 million.

A post-June 1 release would yield a dead cap hit of $27.3 million this year and $22.2 million next year, whereas a post-June 1 trade would result in $8.8 million in dead cap and $19 million in cap savings this year, but also a $22.2 million dead cap hit next year.

If the Bills intend to keep their No. 1 wide receiver and pair him with free-agent signing Curtis Samuel, as well as a potential early draft pick, they have a couple options to make his contract more palatable.

You left out this quote from the article you linked:

"Ultimately, the Bills are a Super Bowl contender, and there is almost no realistic scenario where they trade or release Diggs since they would be quarterback Josh Allen's No. 1 target and taking significant dead money in the process."

Regarding the article's comment about the Bills $7.4M cap space, that doesn't include Taron Johnson's recently announced contract extension, or Tre' White's contract coming off the books after June 1, giving an additional ~$10M.

Diggs has thrown down on social media that he considers himself a top-5 WR since coming to Buffalo and it's pretty doubtful he would want to re-negotiate his contract.  That's the difference between Knox and Von Miller vs. Diggs: Both Knox and Miller had an objective fall-off in their performance that made them poor value for their contracts.  Objectively Von Miller wasn't close to the best DE on the team, and by several metrics Knox wasn't close to the best TE (for blocking, yes).  Objectively, Diggs WAS the best receiver on the Bills and arguably top 10 in the league.

31 minutes ago, FireChans said:

As we all know, there was nothing to talk about in Minnesota. Listen to what Diggs had to say.

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12118/11456004/stefon-diggs-signs-new-five-year-81m-deal-with-minnesota-vikings

"I love it here. I truly do, and I'm just happy I'll be here for a while now," Diggs said after practice Tuesday.

"That's why I want to play for them for selecting me in the fifth round. It was a bumpy road that day, and I just remember getting a call, and they gave me a chance.

"They believed in me, and they won, and going forward they pushed me to be where I am now."

There's just no way they trade him two years later after that contract extension for say.... the 22nd pick in the 2020 NFL draft. Diggs said he loved it in Minnesota! It's crazy how fans make mountains out of molehills.

This is just Diggs being Diggs.  He expressed some frustration with the offense and his role. He was good in the building when he got back and put up good numbers. Long-odds that Diggs gets traded, he's under contract for at least 3 more seasons. No way Minnesota trades him.

Thank you. Its the SOSDD with him. Just trade him and lets move on.

34 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Convenient you left out the context of the cap hell Minnesota found themselves in and couldn't afford to pay 2 WR's top dollar anymore.  

But hey...who cares about full context right.  

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You left out this quote from the article you linked:

"Ultimately, the Bills are a Super Bowl contender, and there is almost no realistic scenario where they trade or release Diggs since they would be quarterback Josh Allen's No. 1 target and taking significant dead money in the process."

Regarding the article's comment about the Bills $7.4M cap space, that doesn't include Taron Johnson's recently announced contract extension, or Tre' White's contract coming off the books after June 1, giving an additional ~$10M.

Diggs has thrown down on social media that he considers himself a top-5 WR since coming to Buffalo and it's pretty doubtful he would want to re-negotiate his contract.  That's the difference between Knox and Von Miller vs. Diggs: Both Knox and Miller had an objective fall-off in their performance that made them poor value for their contracts.  Objectively Von Miller wasn't close to the best DE on the team, and by several metrics Knox wasn't close to the best TE (for blocking, yes).  Objectively, Diggs WAS the best receiver on the Bills and arguably top 10 in the league.

I don't think he's a top10 wideout anymore

of all the receivers who got 100targets or more he ranks 23rd in yards/reception

he's also 19th in yards/game and gets routinely clamped in the playoffs

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Your paragraph above would seem to be a more than sufficent answer to the bolded question, or am I missing something? :) 

That's the fundamental question, Bill: what are we all missing?

I think it's pretty common for top WR to be Diva-like and for uber-competitive players to not be best-behaved on the sideline during key games (Kelce bumping into Reid etc etc).   So if all there is, is what we saw in public, Eh.  

On the other hand, if it's the tip of an iceberg and there's more and worse where that came from.... Teammates genuinely seem to speak well of Diggs.  There are people on this board who have some connections and have evidently heard some stuff, which means there are enough former Bills players and assistant coaches roaming around the league right now that if there are stories to tell, they're probably out there.

I think we just don't know.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I heard this just after the SB from a reporter for an NFL team not in the AFCE and think I can share it now. The reporter said that the big rumor among NFL teams in Las Vegas during the week leading up to the SB was that the Bills would be trying to trade Diggs this off-season. The team he reports for would not be a logical trade destination. He wouldn’t give any additional info. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don't think he's a top10 wideout anymore

of all the receivers who got 100targets or more he ranks 23rd in yards/reception

he's also 19th in yards/game and gets routinely clamped in the playoffs

And I "get" the arguments for your perspective.  It can be argued that yards/reception have a lot to do with how he was being used, especially the 2nd half of the season.  But in addition to yards per game, I pointed out upthread some other metrics where he doesn't rank in the top 10 - drop%, YAC, etc.

Time Will Tell.

The point is that Diggs thinks he's a top-10 WR and his agents can make objective arguments to back that up, and find exculpatory reasons for the not so good metrics.  So I don't think we'll be seeing Diggs re-negotiating his contract any time soon to facilitate a trade OR improve the Bills cap space situation.

9 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I heard this just after the SB from a reporter for an NFL team not in the AFCE and think I can share it now. The reporter said that the big rumor among NFL teams in Las Vegas during the week leading up to the SB was that the Bills would be trying to trade Diggs this off-season. The team he reports for would not be a logical trade destination. He wouldn’t give any additional info. 

On the one hand....if a team is legitimately putting out feelers to shop a player, I imagine it's hard to keep a lid on it and it sounds like you have a good source.

On the other hand....Beane and the Bills are apparently notoriously close-mouthed and close-to-the-vest about trades, and Beane has said a lot of times when they are linked as being interested in a trade, it may have come to a couple "due diligence" type "hey would you be interested in...." "hey is this player available?..." type phone calls.

41 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Convenient you left out the context of the cap hell Minnesota found themselves in and couldn't afford to pay 2 WR's top dollar anymore.  

But hey...who cares about full context right.  

Show your work. Diggs cost them $9M in dead cap to trade in 2020. Theilen's cap hit was $12M that season.