Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

17 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

When does the Bills brass get tired of McDermott's defense choking in games???

McDermott throwing Diggs under the boss was the lowest of the low for this loser coach. 

I would take ten Diggs over one McDermott 

I am trying not to get emotional but the people that what to run Diggs out of town really piss me off. Diggs is the best WR in franchise history and people want to run him out of town. I've said this before but he is the only one to stand up to McDermott and his joke of an OC. I love him for that!

I agree with you on McDermott, but since McDermott's butt is NOW on the line, I think maybe he doesn't trust Diggs to carry him over the finish line. It's wrong, but who knows.

And Diggs is number 3 on the Bills all time WR list.

No one is taking Diggs over Reed #1 and Moulds #2.

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Sometimes Diggs goes fishing for controversy, drops something fairly innocuous, but also sort of not, then points at everybody and says "why are you guys always like this". 

There is a strong possibility that in the next 24 hours his IG is a picture of him in the Caribbean with the caption "Ready for water*" and somewhere in the comments he says "why does everybody keep making a bid deal about typos. None of you have ever had a typo?"

I was going to say this. Maybe he's looking for attention 

13 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Andre with the gold jacket would like a word—and he could be a real firecracker himself…remember the helmet throw? We have a rich history of excellence at wide out imho—not ready to just hand the sole crown to Diggs just yet. Andre showed up in the playoffs iirc. 

Andre was great but never was in the conversation for best WR in the league. He never had back to back 1000 yard seasons. 

Diggs is better.  Moulds was physically better than Reed but had ***** QBs. I'm not trying to take anything away from Reed.  He was amazing but Diggs is better in every way except run after catch. 

• Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I agree with you on McDermott, but since McDermott's butt is NOW on the line, I think maybe he doesn't trust Diggs to carry him over the finish line. It's wrong, but who knows.

Career stats is not the full measure of greatness. Again I can see how people say Reed is the best. Reed was my 3rd fav after Thurman and Bruce. Reed was amazing. Diggs and Moulds are both physically more talented than Reed. Reed had toughness and may have been the best run after catch WR in NFL history.  Nobody caught Rice from behind, but nobody in my opinion ever ran with the ball better than Reed. All that said, Diggs has better speed, route running, and just as good hands as Reed did. 

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

He thought about it but the thought....wudever

Relax, Diggs is a lot of things but he isn't a Philadelphian. Watch yourself buddy!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Andre was great but never was in the conversation for best WR in the league. He never had back to back 1000 yard seasons. 

Diggs is better.  Moulds was physically better than Reed but had ***** QBs. I'm not trying to take anything away from Reed.  He was amazing but Diggs is better in every way except run after catch. 

There was this guy named Jerry Rice who played during that era, plus Andre had other HOFers on his own team. Andre didn't need to have 1,000 yard 100 catch seasons. If he had to, he CERTAINLY would have. 

I love Diggs too, but he can't be the lone guy anymore. 

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

Sometimes Diggs goes fishing for controversy, drops something fairly innocuous, but also sort of not, then points at everybody and says "why are you guys always like this". 

There is a strong possibility that in the next 24 hours his IG is a picture of him in the Caribbean with the caption "Ready for water*" and somewhere in the comments he says "why does everybody keep making a bid deal about typos. None of you have ever had a typo?"

I agree with this. I think Diggs likes the spotlight a little controversy brings. 

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

There was this guy named Jerry Rice who played during that era, plus Andre had other HOFers on his own team. Andre didn't need to have 1,000 yard 100 catch seasons. If he had to, he CERTAINLY would have. 

I love Diggs too, but he can't be the lone guy anymore. 

100% agree he can't be the lone guy. You get no argument from me there. I would rather he get 90 catches if the other balls are going to Knox and Kincaid. If the other guys are stepping up it only gets easier for Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Would Diggs be worth much more than Keenan Allen?  Chargers received a fourth round pick from the Bears.  Don't see us getting a first round pick if Diggs was traded.

Probably not- Allen i believe a year older, but diggs makes more money.

Allen more injury prone mind you.

I would guess a very similar compensation

Edited by BillsFan130

50 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Isn't it possible for a team to trade for a player, then also agree to absorb the dead-cap hit?

I thought the Browns did something like that a few years back.

No it is not. The cap hit is the cap hit.

The Browns in that example had a ton of space so they took on Brock Osweiler and his dumb contract for a 2nd round pick. But they didn't barter what cap number to take off of the Houston Texans books. His number was his number. Cleveland then immediately cut him loose. They more or less purchased a 2nd round pick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What a bunch of bull####.

”It’s (should read it has) been that way for a while.”

So, Diggs wanted to go play with Stroud at Ohio State? 

Edited by Beast

22 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If we fire McDermott and win a Super Bowl, Diggs might pass Moulds.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Could Diggs restructure and make his contract more tradable?

Honestly, I’d be all for it.  

No. Because the money paid is the money paid. They can't unpay it.

- - - - - -

From the same "source":

@BenOndaTop

If you’re a Texans fan, sports fan in any capacity. My advice is to embrace that and talk about your team HOWEVER THE ***** you want. Whatever YOU enjoy. Bring whatever you want to the conversation. Because, you’re totally right about your feelings. Even if reality is different.

9:11 AM · Mar 15, 2024

Yea. The reality is different fella.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Could Diggs restructure and make his contract more tradable?

Honestly, I’d be all for it.  

The future money, yes. 

But not the past money. And past money includes his deals we restructured and pushed that money into the future.

Which is why I am SO against constantly restructuring deals and why I told everyone who would listen that the Bills wont be restructuring Diggs deal this season (because it would tie their hands to him for more years).