Josh running out of time?

oldmanfan

Folks keep talking about Josh running out of time to win a championship.  Here’s a link to ages of all SB winning QBs:

Lots of older guys, some younger guys.  I think the average age is around 31.  

So he’s got plenty of time.  He will likely not be as much the runner, but that’s OK.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Folks keep talking about Josh running out of time to win a championship.  Here’s a link to ages of all SB winning QBs:

Lots of older guys, some younger guys.  I think the average age is around 31.  

So he’s got plenty of time.  He will likely not be as much the runner, but that’s OK.

Josh is 28 next season. Very few people on that list past 32 or 33. Very few.  4-5 years left to get it done sort of adds a bit more urgency dontcha think?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 5

Earlier today, the following thought flashed through my mind: "We have Josh Allen." I didn't forget per se, but it was like realizing I had won the lottery.

I'm incredibly optimistic about the Buffalo Bills, even if Allen "only has 5 more years". Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I would like to see “this” version of Josh win, not a crippled Payton Manning version with a broken neck that can only throw the ball 10 yards down the field.

McD remembers that Payton Manning. He lost to him. Sad!

Edited by Governor
  • Haha (+1) 1

Since there is no rush to win, I think a good idea would be to have a couple of "raffles" each year, where the winner gets to call the plays for the game that week.   This would give hundreds of thousands of people the chance live out their dream of coaching an NFL game.  This seems much fairer than selfishly worrying about one guy winning a super bowl before he has reached the appropriate age. 

51 minutes ago, stuvian said:

John Elway needed Terrell Davis. I like Cook but he's not someone defenses have to account for. We need a weapon at RB that motivates opponents to put 8 in the box

Why do you say that about Cook? Can you back it up at all? 

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Josh is 28 next season. Very few people on that list past 32 or 33. Very few.  4-5 years left to get it done sort of adds a bit more urgency dontcha think?

If Josh doesn’t win one in the next 4-5 years, this board will likely have exploded by then.  So I agree with you, there is some urgency here.

17 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Why do you say that about Cook? Can you back it up at all? 

He averaged 66 yards a game on the ground. He's a good player just not a threat that opponents have to game plan for.

• Disagree 2

So the other day I was on Spotrac looking at some Bills contracts. Looked at Josh. Then the thought hit me. What if Josh gets Really frustrated here. He could force a trade out of here in 2026 when he's 30. Even easier the following year

Edited by MarkyMannn
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

So the other day I was on Spotrac looking at some Bills contracts. Looked at Josh. Then the thought hit me. What if Josh gets Really frustrated here. He could force a trade out of here in 2026 when he's 30. Even easier the following year

I don’t know the circumstances that will lead to it but i’ve always thought he’d be playing for the 49ers or Rams by his early 30’s.  But hey he’s gonna give it his all for the Bills in the prime years of his career, especially his running like a madman years. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

John Elway needed Terrell Davis. I like Cook but he's not someone defenses have to account for. We need a weapon at RB that motivates opponents to put 8 in the box

Agree....Cook can have some good games but his inability to hold onto the ball is a huge problem. Between fumbles and dropped (4) tds, we'll see what improvement comes?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.