Bills are the Only Team

Casey D

10 hours ago, Casey D said:

That can hang with KC.  Maybe Bengals when Glass Burrows is not sidelined. 

It is so frustrating we can beat the Chiefs the last three years in a row in the regular season and we’ve lost this many times to them in the playoffs.  I know the Bills defense was really banged up, but we really shouldn’t make excuses.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

It is so frustrating we can beat the Chiefs the last three years in a row in the regular season and we’ve lost this many times to them in the playoffs.  I know the Bills defense was really banged up, but we really shouldn’t make excuses.

Here is the thing.  If you play them 10 times playoffs or regular season it is probably a split.   The fact the chiefs have won the playoff games is maybe indicative they are more clutch or maybe it’s just happenstance. No one can tell me they could not have won the last two playoff games.  

4 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Here is the thing.  If you play them 10 times playoffs or regular season it is probably a split.   The fact the chiefs have won the playoff games is maybe indicative they are more clutch or maybe it’s just happenstance. No one can tell me they could not have won the last two playoff games.  

Matt, I agree we are capable of beating the Chiefs, maybe even the most capable.

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I really don’t think there’s a monumental gap between a huge regular season matchup and the playoffs honestly.  I think the playoff sample size when the rosters were actually comparable is too small to make inferences based on (2020 the chiefs were a tier above the bills imo) 

games between these two teams are a tossup now 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Gregg said:

Watch the Bills not only beat the Chiefs but blow them out next season when KC comes to Buffalo. Of course, the Bills will win because it's a regular season game.

I really don’t get this regular season being extremely different argument in a game that’s absolutely massive for playoff seeding.  Those type of games are def treated like playoff games. 

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I really don’t get this regular season being extremely different argument in a game that’s absolutely massive for playoff seeding.  Those type of games are def treated like playoff games. 

Just pointing out that the Bills have won the last 3 regular season games at Arrowhead. Yet come when it comes to facing them in playoffs, they fall short. Just very frustrating.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Just pointing out that the Bills have won the last 3 regular season games at Arrowhead. Yet come when it comes to facing them in playoffs, they fall short. Just very frustrating.

Oh yea I get where you’re coming from…I think it’s part coincidence though that we happened to lose two very close ones in the playoffs but I guess we shall see lol.  The last two playoff matchups and the regular season game this year easily could’ve gone either way.  

• Like (+1) 1

Seeing as how the Chiefs we 11-6 this year, I'd say several teams can beat them.  They are a different animal in the playoffs, but the notion that the Bills are the only team that has a chance is nonsense.

It's a homer statement, but after watching the Chiefs handle the Raven and seeing how the Ravens annihilated the 49ers a few weeks ago, I'm ready to anoint the Bills 2nd best team in the NFL.  Some better breaks and a few roster tweaks and we can get over the Chiefs playoff hump. I think this team is close.

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I think we’ve been a top-5 team the last 4 years. Means just about nothing.

All that will be remembered to this point will be how the Bills failed in the playoffs every year with Josh Allen as the Bills qb, with 13 seconds being the highlight of it.

24 minutes ago, harmonkillebrew said:

It's a homer statement, but after watching the Chiefs handle the Raven and seeing how the Ravens annihilated the 49ers a few weeks ago, I'm ready to anoint the Bills 2nd best team in the NFL.  Some better breaks and a few roster tweaks and we can get over the Chiefs playoff hump. I think this team is close.

The insecurity around here is rough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 1/28/2024 at 8:14 PM, RyanC883 said:

that’s just not true.  They lost 3 starters in game against us. 

Seriously? They lost two guys on defense who are average at best and only play 50% of their team's snaps. We lost multiple All-Pro level players for the season as well as the remainder of our starters in the middle 5 who play 90+% snaps.

There is no comparison.

• Like (+1) 1

Just remember that Peyton took 9 years to get past his postseason ineptitude and win a championship. When he had the top 5 receiving corps and Edgerin James along with a great defensive and offensive line, he beat Brady. The Bills are ready right now. The Chiefs game could have been a different outcome if one or two plays went differently. Diggs’s drop, Josh’s end zone throw which he completes in his sleep if he doesn’t get bumped or even Bass’s missed chip shot. We’re a year or two out. Just stay patient. Are you not entertained?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.