2024 WR Draft Class

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Beane should do what he said on Pat McAfee

Draft WR in every round😆

Best training camp battles ever seen

Intensity level would be off the charts

Then trade the ones who don’t make the 53

This is the guy I think that Bucky Brooks said we should take at some point in the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

Our guy has to be a great runner after the catch. That’s the cherry on top. I think that’s what breaks a defensive. Sick of catch and dive guys like Diggs. Hopkins would drive me nuts because I don’t even think he could run 20 yards, it’s like he catches the ball and then just looks to dive. 

I would give a great ball runner an extra notch. Just a personal thing.  

2 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Our guy has to be a great runner after the catch. That’s the cherry on top. I think that’s what breaks a defensive. Sick of catch and dive guys like Diggs. Hopkins would drive me nuts because I don’t even think he could run 20 yards, it’s like he catches the ball and then just looks to dive. 

I would give a great ball runner an extra notch. Just a personal thing.  

You need to check out Ainias Smith, really hoping he doesn't end up in the Afc if we don't snag him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Favorite Combos

BTJ & Xavier Legette

BTJ & Troy Franklin 

Xavier Legette & Xavier Worthy

who we’ll take:  Coleman & Polk 🤣😪

I love Legette if we stay put. Kid has crazy upside as a true #1 WR. He almost reminds me of Eric Moulds a bit, if not a lot…..

Also, I would be pumped if we somehow landed BTJ. Especially if we could hang onto our 2nd round picks and maybe give up a 3rd next year along with some mid round picks… That’s where I’m at now going into the draft. I want BTJ or Legette. Preferably BTJ depending on compensation!

• Like (+1) 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The Cardinals asking price for 4 is 3 1st Rounders: 

This is pretty much what I expected. They're going to take MHJ unless they receive an offer they can't refuse.

Beane talking w/ Pegula:

Marlon Brando Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

You need to check out Ainias Smith, really hoping he doesn't end up in the Afc if we don't snag him.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked the YouTubes and he looks like a joystick runner. Very fun. Hope he gets that top gear back from the leg injury. Read the combine report. His grade is 5.80-5.99 Average backup or special-teamer. But that’s probably if he doesn’t regain what he had pre injury. 

Okay, cool name to keep an eye on. (Of course he’ll be in the AFC. They’re all in the AFC.)

29 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I love Legette if we stay put. Kid has crazy upside as a true #1 WR. He almost reminds me of Eric Moulds a bit, if not a lot…..

Also, I would be pumped if we somehow landed BTJ. Especially if we could hang onto our 2nd round picks and maybe give up a 3rd next year along with some mid round picks… That’s where I’m at now going into the draft. I want BTJ or Legette. Preferably BTJ depending on compensation!

Anquan Boldin? He’s stout. The hips are tight though. I read that and I agree after watching. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Favorite Combos

BTJ & Xavier Legette

BTJ & Troy Franklin 

I’m going to be very upset if they take Coleman in the first.

I’m not so worried about the second.

Which WR can visit “the zone” more often, if at all? 

When we watch Hill go crazy, and Chase and Jefferson do it, they are in that zone. When they’re not, they look a little more NFL human. Still really good. I think Jefferson gets in a takeover the offense zone. Chase gets in takeover the game zone. And Hill, I don’t even know what that is. He’s up there with Barry Sanders.  

So a guy like Coleman, does he have that in him? Does Legette? Will Brian Thomas Jr. do something like Torrey Smith and look spectacular a few times and be an enigma his whole career? 

I can see Nabers being an unstoppable monster. Just too big, strong, fast, and mean to deal with at times. Odunze smoothly racking up 10 catch 150 yard games, leaving the defense with nothing more than a “damn, nice game, Rome” admission of helplessness. And MHJ catching a bunch of balls, but struggling on YAC and explosive plays to be considered more than Michael Thomas. Again, just my take. 

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Favorite Combos

BTJ & Xavier Legette

BTJ & Troy Franklin 

Polk is nothing to scoff at. To me, he's right there with most of the high 2nd Round talents. Would actually prefer him over some guys that most posters like more.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Polk is nothing to scoff at. To me, he's right there with most of the high 2nd Round talents. Would actually prefer him over some guys that most posters like more.

Yeah … I could see Polk as a possibility at the end of the second … no certainty to last that long though …

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Favorite Combos

BTJ & Xavier Legette

BTJ & Troy Franklin 

I want Ladd at 28 and Legette, Coleman or Franklin at 45 (trade up from 60). If no trade up, Ladd and Walker or baker

Joe Marino was saying today that if the Bills aren’t trading up for one of the Top 3 ( which is unlikely )… and they don’t make a splashy trade for a Higgins or Aiyuk…then whoever else they end up drafting will not be the leading receiver in 2024… so in other words,  the leading receiver is already on the team out of say Kincaid, Shakir or Samuel….

Do people agree with this ? Can one of the other guys come in and get say over 1,000 yards in Year 1?

I think a lot of guys that seem the most likely candidates to draft - BTJ. Legette, Mitchell … might take a year to find their feet in the NFL…

12 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Joe Marino was saying today that if the Bills aren’t trading up for one of the Top 3 ( which is unlikely )… and they don’t make a splashy trade for a Higgins or Aiyuk…then whoever else they end up drafting will not be the leading receiver in 2024… so in other words,  the leading receiver is already on the team out of say Kincaid, Shakir or Samuel….

Do people agree with this ? Can one of the other guys come in and get say over 1,000 yards in Year 1?

I think a lot of guys that seem the most likely candidates to draft - BTJ. Legette, Mitchell … might take a year to find their feet in the NFL…

I mean…anyone can absolutely come in and be good immediately regardless of where drafted. It’s just much more likely % wise to be a higher round pick.  

This staff has somewhat moved away from their hesistant approach toward putting rookies in the gameplan….but it’s still annoying that Kincaid was an afterthought until what, Week 6-7?  Cook and Shakir also were not used enough as rookies

Put them on the field.  Allen needs to take more initiative than usual this spring/summer and build chemsitry with whoever the new WR’s are. Starting with Samuel and continue to build with Kincaid and Shakir

Edited by Warriorspikes51

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I like Joe, he is a good podcaster and truly loves the Bills. But Dalton Kincaids 673 receiving yard last year is the most of a returning pass catcher. I think even a tier 2 guy has a chance to lead the team in what looks likely to be a very egalitarian offense though I would definitely give the inside track to a veteran player over a rookie.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I mean…anyone can absolutely come in and be good immediately regardless of where drafted. It’s just much more likely % wise to be a higher round pick.  

This staff has somewhat moved away from their hesistant approach toward putting rookies in the gameplan….but it’s still annoying that Kincaid was an afterthought until what, Week 6-7?  Cook and Shakir also were not used enough as rookies

Yeah … of course it’s possible … but regardless of how much they want to use him … I’m not seeing a guy like Legette doing it Year 1…. Not trying to be critical of the guy … as he does have a high ceiling and might be a beast in a couple of years ..

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yeah … of course it’s possible … but regardless of how much they want to use him … I’m not seeing a guy like Legette doing it Year 1…. Not trying to be critical of the guy … as he does have a high ceiling and might be a beast in a couple of years ..

IMO Legette has a good shot to make an immediate impact. He’s a little older than the others and has been through a lot in his life (lost both parents in high school)  his work ethic seems to have gotten him along. 

even if parts of his game take a bit to develop…he can take a slant to the house or take a screen for 25 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

IMO Legette has a good shot to make an immediate impact. He’s a little older than the others and has been through a lot in his life (lost both parents in high school)  his work ethic seems to have gotten him along. 

even if parts of his game take a bit to develop…he can take a slant to the house or take a screen for 25 

He is older but inexperienced at the position..

If he comes here …He will likely be looking across at the other teams No 1 CB most weeks … work  ethic alone won’t prepare him for that immediately… 

He might need someone else to help him…

But of course I will hope for the best …

21 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

If your main criteria is a rookie who can come in and immediately handle a lot of targets, that's McConkey, imo, but he's not a classic X. He takes the Diggs' role.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

If your main criteria is a rookie who can come in and immediately handle a lot of targets, that's McConkey, imo, but he's not a classic X. He takes the Diggs' role.

I’m thinking that McConkeys high floor Year 1 contribution , combined with the high ceiling and athleticism of Legette could be the way to go ….Beane needs to pull off the double somehow … take one at 28 and move up to the top of the second for the other one …

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’m thinking that McConkeys high floor Year 1 contribution , combined with the high ceiling and athleticism of Legette could be the way to go ….Beane needs to pull off the double somehow … take one at 28 and move up to the top of the second for the other one …

That is my exact preference. I was hoping for Kincaid last year. Maybe the same magic will happen again.

• Like (+1) 4

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The Cardinals asking price for 4 is 3 1st Rounders: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_cardinals_set_huge_asking_price_to_trade_no_4_pick/s1_127_40220273

This is pretty much what I expected. They're going to take MHJ unless they receive an offer they can't refuse.

I think that it’s POSSIBLE that you could give them something like 28, 128, 2025 1st and the Minnesota 2025 2nd. The fact that it’s the Vikings pick that we got for Diggs is helpful. If Darnold is their QB most people probably think that pick is in the top 10 of the round. If they think that the Bills regress a little they might be thinking: 28th this year, 128th, 20ish and 40ish next year. That’s starting to get warmer.

Of course they’ll throw out a big ask but if you put that offer on the table I think that they’d say yes. They’re trying to create a bidding war for McCarthy (which is hilarious to me). 

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They’re trying to create a bidding war for McCarthy (which is hilarious to me). 

It's hilarious to me too, but it seems almost inevitable that someone is going to go up for him. I'd be saying to Minnesota "If you don't someone else will."

I can see something like Minn's two firsts this year, and their first next year but Arizona's 2025 2nd going back the other way. The other team I keep hearing are very much in the mix for a trade up to #4 is the Giants. That must be attractive to AZ.... Get an extra pick and still get Harrison or Nabers.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It's hilarious to me too, but it seems almost inevitable that someone is going to go up for him. I'd be saying to Minnesota "If you don't someone else will."

I can see something like Minn's two firsts this year, and their first next year but Arizona's 2025 2nd going back the other way. The other team I keep hearing are very much in the mix for a trade up to #4 is the Giants. That must be attractive to AZ.... Get an extra pick and still get Harrison or Nabers.

It seems inevitable but maybe Arizona is just throwing that out to create artificial demand? The Vikings are desperate. Maybe they can use that desperation to do what you suggested with the Giants? Maybe they can get them to panic, slide up 2 spots & Cards still get the WR? 

I just can’t wrap my head around being desperate for McCarthy 😂. He doesn’t have the measurables. His ball placement is spotty. He’s not quick through progressions. His arm is average. He isn’t a great athlete.  We like that he won? Lol, so we are trading 3 firsts for a guy with average tools and average numbers because he won a lot with elite talent around him? Brock Purdy Syndrome

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It seems inevitable but maybe Arizona is just throwing that out to create artificial demand? The Vikings are desperate. Maybe they can use that desperation to do what you suggested with the Giants? Maybe they can get them to panic, slide up 2 spots & Cards still get the WR? 

I just can’t wrap my head around being desperate for McCarthy 😂. He doesn’t have the measurables. His ball placement is spotty. He’s not quick through progressions. His arm is average. He isn’t a great athlete.  We like that he won? Lol, so we are trading 3 firsts for a guy with average tools and average numbers because he won a lot with elite talent around him? Brock Purdy Syndrome

Yea. There is an AJ McCarron to him. I have him 6th of 6 among the top QB options.  Arizona is definitely trying to create a market. I think Denver would love to move up, but have no ammunition. Minnesota is desperate. The Giants brass if they have another bad year with Jones might be out that creates an urgency... who knows that the Raiders plan is? I think the Cards are in a position to really ramp it up. And IF (as I have heard is possible McCarthy goes #3) and Daniels or Maye are at #4 then what I was told is teams you don't think are in the QB market would be in the QB market. Jets and Seahawks spring to mind. Possibly Saints?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. There is an AJ McCarron to him. I have him 6th of 6 among the top QB options.  Arizona is definitely trying to create a market. I think Denver would love to move up, but have no ammunition. Minnesota is desperate. The Giants brass if they have another bad year with Jones might be out that creates an urgency... who knows that the Raiders plan is? I think the Cards are in a position to really ramp it up. And IF (as I have heard is possible McCarthy goes #3) and Daniels or Maye are at #4 then what I was told is teams you don't think are in the QB market would be in the QB market. Jets and Seahawks spring to mind. Possibly Saints?

I love the McCarron comparison!!

It’ll be super interesting if McCarthy goes 3. I have the Vikings currently in the mock draft and that’s why I wanted them. I had a deal with the Cards contingent on McCarthy going 3. When the top 3 went 1-3 it was a no go. If I was sitting at 11, he wasn’t going to be the pick. In real life, someone will go up to get him (if he doesn’t already go 3). I don’t understand.

There’s another interesting angle inflating his draft stock. There really don’t seem to be any veteran trade targets out there now. Most years there are a couple of guys “in the Jimmy G tier” that you can get if you miss in the draft. For the most part, those guys aren’t out there. We don’t have a lot of solid vets sitting behind kids with question marks. The Vikings, Broncos and Raiders probably roll with the trash that they have if they can’t get one of those guys. Nix or Penix will compete but there’s just not a lot of options. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I love the McCarron comparison!!

It’ll be super interesting if McCarthy goes 3. I have the Vikings currently in the mock draft and that’s why I wanted them. I had a deal with the Cards contingent on McCarthy going 3. When the top 3 went 1-3 it was a no go. If I was sitting at 11, he wasn’t going to be the pick. In real life, someone will go up to get him (if he doesn’t already go 3). I don’t understand.

There’s another interesting angle inflating his draft stock. There really don’t seem to be any veteran trade targets out there now. Most years there are a couple of guys “in the Jimmy G tier” that you can get if you miss in the draft. For the most part, those guys aren’t out there. We don’t have a lot of solid vets sitting behind kids with question marks. The Vikings, Broncos and Raiders probably roll with the trash that they have if they can’t get one of those guys. Nix or Penix will compete but there’s just not a lot of options. 

Totally agree with that. Darnold, Minchew and Stidham are currently pencilled in starters!

EDIT: Basically we haven't backfilled that Fitzpatrick, Keenum, Tyrod, Foles, Brian Hoyer type tier from 5 or 6 years ago. There is Brissett and possibly I suppose Minshew but there are not a ton of other proven capable bridge Quarterbacks

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Brock Purdy has flat out proven that he is a good NFL qb. The better comp for your argument is Mac Jones.

24 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Brock Purdy has flat out proven that he is a good NFL qb. The better comp for your argument is Mac Jones.

Brock Purdy is good. He was the last pick in the draft because of his tools. McCarthy is now going top 5 because Purdy is good. 

• Agree 1

I watched Steve Smith’s breakdown of Brian Thomas Jr. 

The biggest thing I noticed is his speed shows up with everything he does. It’s not just vertical speed. I can get over the laid back personality. It might actually be perfect for Josh. Thomas, Kincaid, Shakir, and Samuel all seem like mild mannered guys. Maybe this will be a good change for Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I really think a trade back is the ideal play, if they can find a partner and get fair compensation.  1 WR, even 2 are not catapulting this team to the SB while they are doing a reboot on D.  As it stands, the presumed starter at LDE had 0 sacks last season and while I like Epenesa and Toohill as backups, I don’t think we want them starting.  It’s going to take 2 off-seasons to get 2 WR, likely a starter at CB for when Douglas moves on, backup CB, future starter at 1T DT (Jones is getting up there), and a better S or 2 given their current guys at that position.

12 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

McConkey and Legette would be the ABSOLUTE PERFECT COMBO of WR's to land if we can't get up high for BTJ or trade for a current player. We'd have an out of the box ready guy with a massive future ceiling guy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2