2024 WR Draft Class

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I'm just saying then that is the ultimate contradiction. He literally fits everything your looking for but dont want him.

Questions if he can play outside is not everything I’m looking for lmao

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

I don't think Mitchell is a Combine-only stud at all... Brett Kollmann and Greg Cosell both have him as their #4 WR overall... Daniel Jeremiah has him at 33 overall... His tape is fantastic at times, especially in big games... He can be silky-smooth...He has shown effortless movement skills on the field... He ran good routes...

Not sure what you're looking for. He's a College kid. They all have faults. He's an elite athlete at WR who has had huge games vs some of the best College Defenses and comes with a limitless upside. He would be a home run at 28 because he has legit WR1 upside... You just have to coach him up. B-)

we badly need big game players.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, FireChans said:

Questions if he can play outside is not everything I’m looking for lmao

No you said you wanted a window opener and someone who can separate with yards after catch instead of a guy who's only going to get half a step. McConkey does all of that thats why i'm saying its a contradiction.

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

No you said you wanted a window opener and someone who can separate with yards after catch instead of a guy who's only going to get half a step. McConkey does all of that thats why i'm saying its a contradiction.

and I’m not sure he can play outside. So it’s not a contradiction, because I also want a guy that I think can play outside.

and I’m not sure he can play outside. So it’s not a contradiction, because I also want a guy that I think can play outside.

He can, imo, but I know lots of folks doubt it.

Then why in your last post did you say that playing outside isn't the only thing your looking for?  Your kind of all over the place just saying.

3 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I don't think Mitchell is a Combine-only stud at all... Brett Kollmann and Greg Cosell both have him as their #4 WR overall... Daniel Jeremiah has him at 33 overall... His tape is fantastic at times, especially in big games... He can be silky-smooth...He has shown effortless movement skills on the field... He ran good routes...

Not sure what you're looking for. He's a College kid. They all have faults. He's an elite athlete at WR who has had huge games vs some of the best College Defenses and comes with a limitless upside. He would be a home run at 28 because he has legit WR1 upside... You just have to coach him up. B-)

I'm lukewarm on his film and his metrics were pretty dreadful. I wouldn't describe him as a Combine-only stud by any means, but the speed he showed today did not show up on film at all IMO. He's a downfield threat for sure, but it was more in the same vein as Coleman rather than a Brian Thomas or Xavier Worthy type.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

8 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

He can, imo, but I know lots of folks doubt it.

Exactly this. Even NFL Network said he's looked at as a Slot, but he can probably play some Outside too.

I don't see us looking at Slot guys or even Tweeners in Round 1. McConkey is at best a Tweener.

We need a guy who is a True Outside guy.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I'm lukewarm on his film and his metrics were pretty dreadful. I wouldn't describe him as a Combine-only stud by any means, but the speed he showed today did not show up on film at all IMO. He's a downfield threat for sure, but it was more in the same vein as Coleman rather than a Brian Thomas or Xavier Worthy type.

Ya... I'll agree to disagree on that...

Then why in your last post did you say that playing outside isn't the only thing your looking for?  Your kind of all over the place just saying.

Because I was talking about Keon Coleman. You kinda jumped in the conversation for some weird “gotcha” attempt about Ladd ***** McConkey. 

I want an outside WR that has elite speed and can stretch the field and dictate zone coverages. Not a contested catch guy. Not an inside WR. Keon Coleman is not that guy, imo. Ladd McConkey is also not that guy, imo, your love affair with him notwithstanding. 

Happy?

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Exactly this. Even NFL Network said he's looked at as a Slot, but he can probably play some Outside too.

I don't see us looking at Slot guys or even Tweeners in Round 1. McConkey is at best a Tweener.

We need a guy who is a True Outside guy.

I agree entirely. I've already said as much maybe twice in the last thirty minutes, and previously.

McConkey would be great as a second receiver, if you had that luxury and draft position to make it happen.

We need a big X at #28, and I think at least one of Mitchell, Legette, Thomas,  okay, and maybe Coleman will be there.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Out of the first group here are the players i like:

1. Xavier Legette (1st Round)

2. Ladd Mckonkie (2nd  Round)

3. Keon Coleman (3rd Round)

4. Javon Baker (4th Round)

5. Jha’Quan Jackson (5th Round)

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Because I was talking about Keon Coleman. You kinda jumped in the conversation for some weird “gotcha” attempt about Ladd ***** McConkey. 

I want an outside WR that has elite speed and can stretch the field and dictate zone coverages. Not a contested catch guy. Not an inside WR. Keon Coleman is not that guy, imo. Ladd McConkey is also not that guy, imo, your love affair with him notwithstanding. 

Happy?

We see nothing but zone coverage against the Bills already we don't see a lot of teams play man coverage against us. We are at pick # 28. If you think you are getting a sure thing elite speed guy who can do everything you desire you better be ready to watch Beane trade up in April.

We see nothing but zone coverage against the Bills already we don't see a lot of teams play man coverage against us. We are at pick # 28. If you think you are getting a sure thing elite speed guy who can do everything you desire you better be ready to watch Beane trade up in April.

That wasn't true last year. We saw a LOT of man.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I agree entirely. I've already said as much maybe twice in the last thirty minutes, and previously.

McConkey would be great as a second receiver, if you had that luxury and draft position to make it happen.

We need a big X at #28, and I think at least one of Mitchell, Legette, Thomas,  okay, and maybe Coleman will be there.

Our roster is littered with Slot guys or guys you can put on the Boundary part time or in an emergency.

It's a problem we had when Davis went down. We didn't have 1 solid option to stick on the Outside opposite Diggs. Everyone wants to make Shakir an Outside guy, but Shakir isn't much of a factor there. His success comes from working the middle of the field. When we split him out Wide, we're nerfing him.

We're desperately lacking on the Outside. It's all aboard the Thomas, Legette, Mitchell train in Round 1.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Mitchell's day is the most confusing to me. I'd have sworn blind he was 6'4" but ran a 4.5. 

6'2" and runs a 4.3. Call me confused.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

McConkey would be a great as a second receiver, if you had that luxury and draft position to make it happen.

Right... But I do think it depends on who takes him and what that Offense does. I really think he's in play for KC at 32... Andy Reed is going to love that kid... I think McVey would make him a 1200 yd a season WR... He's going to get open... A lot...

11 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

If it helps, my guide for determining a WR's 1st round worthiness is answering these two questions:

1) What is his elite trait? AKA can he make a living in the NFL doing one thing better than almost all of his peers?

2) Does he do anything else at an above average level?

My criteria is that a 1st round WR must have a clear answer to #1, and "yes" to #2.

So for example players like Brian Thomas and Xavier Worthy I can clearly answer #1, but question #2 is a no for me. With Mitchell I can't find his elite trait, the one thing he is going to do better than anyone else on the field. He is a good all around WR IMO. So I would place him in round 2.

To give a positive example, I would say Coleman's elite trait is his high pointing skills, but he also is above average with the ball in his hands and boxing out defenders.

All of that being said I am not going to pretend my word is gospel. Even people that scout as a full time job have a less than 50% hit rate. I'm not going to throw a tantrum if we draft Adonai Mitchell in the 1st round, in fact I'll be happy that Beane took a shot at a WR and I will root for him. Just not my cup of tea personally.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, KOKBILLS said:

Right... But I do think it depends on who takes him and what that Offense does. I really think he's in play for KC at 32... Andy Reed is going to love that kid... I think McVey would make him a 1200 yd a season WR... He's going to get open... A lot...

To be clear, I think McConkey is a late first round talent. He's one of my favorite players in the draft. He sure as hell could blow up in KC, and I would hate to see a fella I really like playing for that outfit. But for the Bills, we need that big X first and foremost.

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I see KC trading up ahead of us to grab a WR we want / need.  They already did this with CB.

You shut up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Legette and Bills WR Coach Adam Henry who directed the drills were talking and smiling at the end there. Legette was given an extra rep

I noticed that too. Was wondering if that was for Beane to get another peek 🫣 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Legette and Bills WR Coach Adam Henry who directed the drills were talking and smiling at the end there. Legette was given an extra rep

All of the WRs that didn't get an opportunity to catch it in bounds on their first attempt were given a second one.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

This is my thinking. Sometimes you just have to take the best player instead of drafting a guy because he's big. Thats how we ended up with James Hardy all those years ago. You can argue with me that McConkey is the best player at WR at 28 but I refuse to just say we need to draft a big guy there for the sake of it. I totally understand that thought process when you look at the composition of the roster.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think that was due to the first throw being bad

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That wasn't true last year. We saw a LOT of man.

In fact we faced the most man coverage out of every team in the league.

It has been a real problem in the playoffs in particular for several years now. Our WRs can't beat sticky man coverage when the CBs are allowed to be more physical.

Getting a WR that can beat 1v1 coverage has to be our #1 priority in the draft.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

This is my thinking. Sometimes you just have to take the best player instead of drafting a guy because he's big. Thats how we ended up with James Hardy all those years ago. You can argue with me that McConkey is the best player at WR at 28 but I refuse to just say we need to draft a big guy there for the sake of it. I totally understand that thought process when you look at the composition of the roster.

I think this is a different type of draft you’re not going to get a Hardy because there are literally like 15 wide receivers. They can come in and contribute immediately in this draft. It’s a very strong wide receiver draft.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If it helps, my guide for determining a WR's 1st round worthiness is answering these two questions:

1) What is his elite trait? AKA can he make a living in the NFL doing one thing better than almost all of his peers?

My criteria is that a 1st round WR must have a clear answer to #1, and "yes" to #2.

So for example players like Brian Thomas and Xavier Worthy I can clearly answer #1, but question #2 is a no for me. With Mitchell I can't find his elite trait, the one thing he is going to do better than anyone else on the field. He is a good all around WR IMO. So I would place him in round 2.

I agree with all of this.

Just now, HappyDays said:

It has been a real problem in the playoffs in particular for several years now. Our WRs can't beat sticky man coverage when the CBs are allowed to be more physical.

And the Chiefs DBs get allowed with sexual assault on Diggs in playoff games. I am quite jealous.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Magox said:

For those saying McConkey is just a slot WR kind of guy.

Thank you, I was just going to post asking where did McConkey play in college.  Hmm, could be our pick and prevent him from going to KC..🤔

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm not advocating for or against, but I would think that running a 4.34 40 at 205lbs would qualify as an elite trait...

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We need better talent and better schemes. Hopefully #2 is taken care of, and #1 is taken care of in the draft.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And the Chiefs DBs get allowed with sexual assault on Diggs in playoff games. I am quite jealous.

Yeah the unwritten playoff rules have affected Diggs in particular more than anyone. He has never been a physical WR so when CBs are allowed to grab him his skill set is nullified somewhat. But that's life in the playoffs. Every defense is allowed to get away with it just like every offensive line can get away with manslaughter. And this is why I like Coleman actually. Go ahead and put your hands on him. He'll bully his way right through you.

• Like (+1) 1