The Belichick thread

Simon

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s the Mumble Revolution! This should be interesting! Let’s see that clever and funny side we have heard rumors of. 

It's just like hip-hop, that mumble rap was all the rage a couple years ago... 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Not surprised I can see Amazon throwing a boatload of money at him to be part of Thursday Night Football or something. 

He would revolutionize media.. in that he'd freeze up in front of a mic and not say anything?

15 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t get this line of thinking.. which is very common. EVERY great coach won because of their QB… I can’t think of one GREAT HC who didn’t have a great QB with him. 

Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, Joe Theismann, and Joe Flacco say Hi. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He would be great on tv if they got him doing an actual Xs abd Os show in longer format say on a Tuesday Night breaking down the weekend's key games. That would be absolute must see TV for anyone interested in the why and not just the what. 

If they try and shoehorn him in as an announcer of half time 2 sentence merchant it will be a disaster.

Pair him with Brady again that'd be kind of a funny very cheerful guy and a grump dynamic.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He would be great on tv if they got him doing an actual Xs abd Os show in longer format say on a Tuesday Night breaking down the weekend's key games. That would be absolute must see TV for anyone interested in the why and not just the what. 

If they try and shoehorn him in as an announcer of half time 2 sentence merchant it will be a disaster.

He would do a breakdown of the opponent every week for their team's youtube channel.  It was fairly superficial but it was interesting to hear him break down plays.

I think he would do well with this, but I agree, keep him off the pregame talk shows and out of the booth.  That's not his strong suit.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

This is the dude to revolutionize media?! 

He had so much electronics espionage equipment experience that he'll be predicting the plays before the ball is snapped.  He'll be sending Ernie Adams 50% of his weekly pay. 🤨

18 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t get this line of thinking.. which is very common. EVERY great coach won because of their QB… I can’t think of one GREAT HC who didn’t have a great QB with him. 

Brady would have won Superbowls but you cannot deny that he won more Superbowls because of BB's coaching. I remember several close games which were won by your team due to tight game management 

Just now, tomur67 said:

With a Josh Allen led offense and a Belichick directed defense, the Bills would be unbeatable.

Never going to happen with McD making sure he has guys that will fall in line behind his decisions only but I’d be all about it as well, but only if they let Beane do the drafting and it’s Joshcentric 

• Disagree 1

McDermott would never hire him.

1. He would be intimidated by Bill. Bill is way better at being a HC/DC then Sean is.

2. He couldn't control him. If he tried Bill would probably tell him to F off. Why would Bill who has accomplished everything there is as HC/DC listen to someone who hasn't won squat.

3. Players would probably tune Sean out and just listen to Bill. Who would you listen to. A winner who knows what it takes to win a championship or someone who doesn't.

All of this is meaningless anyway. Bill isn't coming here. I don't know if Sean will remain the DC or hire someone else, but it won't be Bill.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

McDermott would never hire him.

1. He would be intimidated by Bill. Bill is way better at being a HC/DC then Sean is.

2. He couldn't control him. If he tried Bill would probably tell him to F off. Why would Bill who has accomplished everything there is as HC/DC listen to someone who hasn't won squat.

3. Players would probably tune Sean out and just listen to Bill. Who would you listen to. A winner who knows what it takes to win a championship or someone who doesn't.

All of this is meaningless anyway. Bill isn't coming here. I don't know if Sean will remain the DC or hire someone else, but it won't be Bill.

All of this.  On paper its a cool idea, but interpersonally it invites a lot of issues and McDermott making that move almost certainly signs his own pink slip

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.