Can We End This Nonsense About Homefield Advantage Now?

KDIGGZ

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Name me ONE YEAR in which we lost as many defenders on a Bills team that we did and won a tough playoff game.

I'm sorry, so you're going back THAT FAR to prove a point?

Wow, you need some non peed on Cheerios before you post any more nonsense.

Explain.. did we find McDermotts burner account? 

so 9.5 yards per play is acceptable? 9 plays of 20+ yards is acceptable? What’s your angle here? Or are you just so in love with the team you don’t see faults and / or change where it needs to happen. 

you GENUINELY believe we can win a SB with McDermott? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It's important, but not that important. I would never play starters in week 18 when the only thing on the line is 2 vs 3 seed, for example. 

I think the chiefs benefited from playing on the road as an underdog yesterday. They definitely had an extra chip on their shoulder. 

9 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yes and I'll go as far as to say this '13 seconds' Bills would have won the Superbowl in 2021 crap needs to die once and for all as well.

Remember, JA17 played the best game of his career that day and it's the only reason the game was close and came down to that to begin with. But it was never some sort of fluke win by Mahomes and the Chiefs. The better team won and they didn't even make the superbowl that year and neither would the Bills have which might be similar scenario if Ravens pull the upset next week.

How in the world would that be an upset? 

They are the 1 seed with best defense and a top offense playing at home. 

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yes and I'll go as far as to say this '13 seconds' Bills would have won the Superbowl in 2021 crap needs to die once and for all as well.

Remember, JA17 played the best game of his career that day and it's the only reason the game was close and came down to that to begin with. But it was never some sort of fluke win by Mahomes and the Chiefs. The better team won and they didn't even make the superbowl that year and neither would the Bills have which might be similar scenario if Ravens pull the upset next week.

Ravens are favored.

19 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Wildcard weekend: 5 out of 6 home teams won.

Divisional round: 3 out of 4 home teams won.

And last season ...

Wildcard weekend: 4 out of 6 home teams won.

Divisional round: 3 out of 4 home teams won.

We're the only home team to have lost in the Divisional round the past two seasons. 

4 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Playoff football throw all that  home field advantage mess out the window. Is it preferred? Yes. The elite QB’s aren’t fazed by it. 

Neither are the best coaches.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

So if the Chiefs beat the Ravens, is John Harbaugh suddenly the one who "sh**ts his pant in these games", the very same man that won a Super Bowl?!?!?

That was a long time ago….

18 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Normally I am a it's McD's fault person, but NOT THIS TIME... our defense was at 50% and we almost beat Mahomes. They were a MASH unit out there, NO Tre, NO Milano, NO Bernard, Douglas clearly not at 100%, Taron Johnson just coming back right before the game... you are looking for some perfect defensive performance when it's not going to happen!

Our entire second half sucked.  We averaged 3.6 YPP and failed to make any key adjustments at all, as usual.  

3.6!!  That was with our perfectly healthy offense.  Davis was out, but he sucks and we're better without him we've been lectured.  

KC did.

This loss, contrary to the injury narratives, is on coaching.  Our perfectly healthy DL couldn't generate any pressure or stop their run.  Their cast of WRs are hardly daunting, it shouldn't have taken Tre in his prime and our starters to handle them, they're backup caliber WRs.  

Meanwhile, how does a wide open Kelce have anything to do with talent?  That might make sense if Elam was on him, but NO ONE was.  No talent.  He was uncovered.  We're didn't even try on that one and several others.  

And how is it that we play great for a half and collapse in the second half, yet it's talent.  

If it were talent we'd have been outplayed in the first half too.  

We did not adjust at all, much less effectively.  Once again, McD was playing not to lose and was out-coached.

He's not a playoff coach, plain and simple.  We can continue to pretend that he is, but that does not change anything.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

All we have heard the past 3 seasons is how we need to get the #1 seed and make KC come to Buffalo. After last night's game, can we finally put that myth to bed?

The only pre-requisite to winning the Superbowl is making the playoffs. It shouldn't matter if you are the #1 or the #7 seed. The goal should be to be playing your best football at the end of the season and have your team healthy.

Division titles don't matter. Nobody cares except for the NFL in creating fake storylines where such and such teams are hated rivals. They are all rivals and they all want to beat each other.

We had a home field advantage the past 2 post seasons and we have lost the past 2 post seasons. Whatever fake home field advantage they think we have is a myth and there's a ton of things much more important such as being healthy, executing at a high level, and limiting mistakes. They need to re-prioritize their goals and objectives.

Home field seems to be working out okay so far for the Ravens and 49ers. 

15 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Given that the Bills under McDermott have failed to win even a single playoff road game, and are 5-2 at home, just maybe there is something to home field advantage.  

another bizarre take from OP. 

The OP also doesn’t seem to understand the biggest value of being the 1 seed is getting a bye week.  It’s an automatic “win” and chance to rest guys, rather than get more injuries.  Injuries are one thing that came back to bite us.  We were relatively healthy heading into Week 18 against Miami.  But because we had to play balls out two more weeks in a row (Miami then Pittsburgh), we entered our matchup against KC all banged up.  If we had instead taken better care of business earlier in the season, maybe we can rest guys down the stretch, and play the divisional round in better shape.

• Agree 1

You are absolutely correct, but a lot of Bills fans need to feel special, so you will get a lot of pushback despite speaking the truth and the evidence being right in front of them.

Did you see Mahomes in the post-game locker room rally? They were galvanized by the so-called disadvantage of playing in front of Bills Mafia, and it only made them perform better. There were no false starts or delays of game, no effect whatsoever from the fans.

It was painfully obvious that it was going to play out this way. I warned anyone who would listen to be careful what they wished for, but most everyone laughed at me. Seeing people talk all week about the Chiefs finally having to play here was so painfully cringe.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

No, and it ain't nonsense. 

It's an advantage. But roughly three points. Not more.

And how much of a disadvantage is it for everyone to be hurt by then? Are we rushing people back from injuries to try and win some imaginary division titles that nobody cares about? I'd rather be 7 seed and everyone is healthy. I think they are prioritizing the wrong things 

On 1/23/2024 at 7:36 AM, Thurman#1 said:

No, and it ain't nonsense. 

It's an advantage. But roughly three points. Not more.

This is actually the correct answer.  No one knows football like Vegas. 

On 1/22/2024 at 11:39 PM, BillMafia716ix said:

Playoff football throw all that  home field advantage mess out the window. Is it preferred? Yes. The elite QB’s aren’t fazed by it. 

I agree. It's not just getting the 1 seed but if you can wrap it up after week 17, you can rest/ rehab your starters for nearly 3 weeks. Could you imagine our banged up guys getting that much time to strengthen up. Home field is nice but not necessary.  3 weeks to heal is tantamount. 

On 1/22/2024 at 10:46 AM, warrior9 said:

It's because our coach sh**ts his pant in these games. 

He's also never won on the road in the play offs, so I believe you are wrong. 

the guys always wrong.   His screen name used to be wrong Josh because he wanted Rosen > Allen 

• Haha (+1) 2

Going to keep beating this drum: Part of why our home field advantage is not as advantageous as it should be is Bills fans do not make noise until our opponent breaks the huddle. I am screaming my head off the entire time they are in the huddle through the snap (y’know, when the opponent is actually communicating), and literally have to turn around and tell people to get loud throughout the entire game. Our stadium gets loud, but does it too late. Sure, we fans might cause 1-2 false starts per home game, but I think starting to make noise so late leaves on the table at least another 1-2 delay of games or needless timeouts taken by our opponent. 

On 1/22/2024 at 10:22 AM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

So if the Chiefs beat the Ravens, is John Harbaugh suddenly the one who "sh**ts his pant in these games", the very same man that won a Super Bowl?!?!?

Yep and it will prove if he does lose that they should have just moved on from him because like McD he will be just another crappy HC in the NFL because he can't get his team to the big game & just the play offs .

Hell he should have been gone last year when the Bills knocked him out of the play offs if they would have fired him last year maybe they would have been in the pay offs this season . Oh hey they are --- but he still sucks ...

Edited by T master

Bills home games are legendary across the league, especially playoffs. 

Kelce, an Eagles player, even wanted to get in on the fun. It's a truly unique atmosphere. Like a college game, many players have said that. 

Our problem was not that homefield advantage wasn't enough, our problem was facing the GOAT HC (I still say that and will continue to) and an all time great QB. We have another possible all-time great QB and a decent HC.

That's the difference, not the weather, how loud people are, or anything else. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.