Divisional Playoffs - Chiefs at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Maybe I'm just used to the disappointment but this one didn't hurt as much. I'm maddest at Bass but can blame others including Josh on 2nd and 3rd down on the final drive. The defense was poor all game. I know McDermott not good enough but who is?

This team went into the last 2 days of the season with missing the playoffs still a possibility. It didn't feel like a Super Bowl year. If anything they overachieved getting the #2 seed, a playoff win and taking the divisional to a photo finish.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

I mean Allen did everything he could. He was the best player on the field tonight and GOT 0 HELP.....

He's Superman, but even Superman can't throw the ball and go catch it too. Dime after dime.....even 60+ yards down the field and yet, our WRs couldn't make 1 play for him (outside of Shakir.....that guy is our slot going forward). He can't coach the team. He can't kick the FGs. He can't play defense. As brilliant as he is, he just can't play QB and the other 2 phases of the game too.

We need 2 more WRs....... As much as I love Diggs, he's made the transition to a #2 WR. We no longer have a #1. The draft should be nothing but weapons for Allen. He's carried this team on his back for years. He's hid so many flaws in personnel and coaching. There needs to be some serious changes. You are wasting, in my opinion, the best QB in the league at this point. I'm sorry, Josh. You deserve better.

I am critical of Allen a lot, but we got more out of him tonight than anybody should expect of him.

He deserves the ‘Cool Running’s’ slow clap for sure. 

He was phenomenal. 

• Like (+1) 4

I'm not down on Bass, as frustrating as that was. We would have needed to stop Mahomes from getting into field goal range with more than thirteen seconds, and then would have had to win in overtime. I was not interested in a game tying field goal when we were first down from the 27 with 2:42 to go, and realistically would have considered playing that as four down territory.

Hard that after playing smart possession football for 57 minutes (and the deep balls coming close but not being useful in our overall efforts) we ran for nothing and took two deep shots to the end zone. I would have loved to see Josh run once in that sequence, and targeted receivers 5-10 yards downfield.

Josh threw some great deep balls this game, but they didn't contribute to our offense. Josh was our best runner but with the game on the line we didn't call his number. We completed 26 short to medium passes, but when moving the sticks and the ticks mattered we attempted zero of them.

Still proud of this team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

You do realize we beat Miami, and the Chiefs just beat them badly?

No way!

Nevermind then! No need to get playmakers for Josh Allen.

Draft and sign more defensive players that will do jack squat in the playoffs once they face top QBs

Maybe another $100 million contract on the DL and another 1st round pick will help. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Sucks we lost, especially to the Chiefs, but with this team decimated by injuries I’m not surprised. Healthy defense we win this game easily. But it’s definitely time to upgrade our receivers. That better be the #1 focus this off season. If Diggs hasn’t been playing hurt the second half of this seasons, he’s done. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

End of the day this team needs more speed and get back to getting big chuck plays,  just not enough big chuck plays and that was the difference tonight.  Chiefs had big chunk plays ,  all season long we leave it for final drives and anything can happen

I think McDermott needs to hire DC coordinator,  one that is aggressive. 

• Like (+1) 1

Diggs fumbled on the first play of the game. Then dropped a perfect deep ball. Hopefully he'll be back and ready to roll next season. 

You just need more at WR. This team needs more weapons at the WR spot to open things up. 

We'll see how good Burrow looks without 2 #1 WRs 

• Like (+1) 1

Sadly I don’t see Josh ever hoisting the Lombardi as a Buffalo Bill (maybe later in his career after he moves on to a true championship caliber team to chase a championship like Peytonwas able to).  I unfortunately have zero faith that we’ll ever see Allen winning or even making it to the Super Bowl under this coaching staff.

wish we had a regime that provide him a quality OFFENSIVE minded Head Coach and a GM who would stop wasting draft picks and cap space on on the ***** defensive players the failed defensive HC demands, instead of providing Allen with elite WR’s to throw to.   The Bills need to draft multiple WR’s for Allen early and often this year.    The scrap heap he’s been given the past few years is just embarrassing.   Diggs is either hurt or hit the walll. At this point he is barely in the conversation as a WR2.   

It’s difficult to continue witnessing the futility of this staff and the repetitive beat down of Allen each season as the team around him lets him down season after season after season due to poor coaching and roster construction.    

We are sadly watching a generational talent’s career waste away.   He deserves an opportunity to play for a Super Bowl, something highly unlikely to happen with McD leading the organization.  It’s so frustrating.   

• Agree 4

I see a lot of complaining about the TD shot on 3rd down.  I for one, have no problem with it as it was called.  The route was there and the play was there to be made but late pressure forced the ball to come up a little short.  But, make no mistake about it, that was the right read in that situation.  It was a TD if he had that extra half second.  Sure, Diggs was open, but if the shot is there for the TD, you pull the trigger. 

Now, I get the argument in the grand scheme of things.  Does that play need to be called in the first place or is there a better play that maybe would have given more options that would have gotten the first down to burn some more clock?  Sure.....I get that argument.  And if you want to blame someone on that play, blame Brady for calling it.  But it was called and Allen made the correct read.  It was there and was a split second away from connecting.  If you call that play, and it's there to be made, you try to make it and take the lead.  I know it's Mahomes and I know we hadn't stopped them the entire game, but this is professional football.  Score, take the lead, and then find a way to keep them out of the end zone.  Just find a way. 

• Like (+1) 4

Love Josh, but I’m not sure what we were trying to do on that last possession. We had them where we wanted , time running down and not much they could do about it. The play sequence at that point was strange. Allen should have been running and forced KC to think about burning time outs. Josh missed a wide open Shakir in the middle of the EZ. He came up short when it mattered most. This one stings - a lot . 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.