Divisional Playoffs - Chiefs at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

22 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

Take a shot for every time you read tough/difficult question or balanced reporting in this diatribe. 🥃

I calculate that as a BAC of 0.14

Not fatal, but don't read that post and drive.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

I think the biggest let down for me was the lack of pressure from the d line. Were the chiefs holding on every play or is kc line that good? Mahomes had a clean pocket for 95% of the game. You didn’t beat Brady that way and you’re not beating Mahomes that way either.

We come up with new focal points each year. This offseason I say forget about the defense, let’s get Josh all the weapons he needs. Let’s just focus on our scoring the opponent all year. 

When even Oliver doesn’t show up either: 1) KC Oline is top tier and no amount of $ thrown at DL gets it done, or 2) all the DL investment was almost completely wasted.

I think you only need 1 D lineman that’s Donald, Watt, Jones, Bosa type game wrecker—they’re the only type to actually impact a game’s outcome. Beane thought we had this in Von but that’s over.

Be content with a meh DL and invest in DBs to prevent big plays and WRs on O that create them.

• Like (+1) 1

The hope for "1 before I die", just changed to the reality "none before I die." I've accepted that. 

We need a new coach. So what if we have a mini rebuild. And who cares who it is. You'll never know until you know. But we do know that McD can't get this team through the playoffs. His D was Swiss cheese against the run in the 2nd half. Not necessarily on McD, but the offensive game plan sucked too. All those screens and swing passes had us living in 3rd down all night. Then when they try the middle or deep passes, Allen was off. Not how you use Allen. 

On 1/22/2024 at 1:58 AM, Dan Darragh said:

This has been a problem all season.  Josh used to be deadly on those crossing routes over the middle.  Last night I don't remember a single complete pass that traveled 10 yards in the air

crossing routes and sideline throws that knox was deadly at both died off for some reason.  

On 1/22/2024 at 3:58 AM, Dan Darragh said:

This has been a problem all season.  Josh used to be deadly on those crossing routes over the middle.  Last night I don't remember a single complete pass that traveled 10 yards in the air

I believed the stat is something a long the line as 16 passes behind the LoS if i'm not mistaken

On 1/23/2024 at 5:18 PM, muppy said:

game.jpg

Third and fourth down avoidance - the Chiefs had just FIVE third downs the entire game - is far more important than converting a high percentage of third downs and/or facing three fourth downs. 

Yards per play - the Chiefs were a season-best 7.7 yards per play, compared to Buffalo's 4.7 yards per play - is far more important than total yards.

53 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I was avoiding this because I knew it would bug me.

And it didn't disappoint.

It's amazing how many people in the media fail to comprehend that football is a TEAM GAME.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I was avoiding this because I knew it would bug me.

And it didn't disappoint.

It's amazing how many people in the media fail to comprehend that football is a TEAM GAME.

Not just in the media. Around here too. You'd think that football was a tag team wrestling match between HCs and QBs. And the people who say that injuries are not an excuse drive me mad too. Then why do we pay so much attention to FA and the draft if talent doesn't matter?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

And it's the ultimate hot take that many are now rating Lamar over Allen.

I love Lamar's game, and he has had a great year.  But in no way do I take him over Allen long-term.

They will rate Purdy over Allen if the Niners win the Super Bowl. That is how the "experts" roll.

• Like (+1) 2

Just rewatching the 4th qtr. of this game....I know, I know, I'm a masochist. LOL

- Absolutely NO replays were shown of the Bills fake punt. WTH?

- Shakir *could* have caught that long rainbow bomb on 3rd and 12 with 10:50 left, but that would have been a spectacular diving catch

- Bills' Defense did step up and play well on the next drive, just before the Bills' O got the ball for the last time

- Now that I now what Seven Nation Army is, I see that CBS played it as they went to commercial with 8:23 left. LOL

- It looks like Diggs DID see the long bomb in plenty of time, and just plain did not catch it

- KC DB Reed went helmet to helmet with a pretty vicious hit on Diggs on an incompletion. Could have easily been called a PF, but wasn’t

- Bills were VERY lucky to retain possession when JA fumbled on a 3rd down run with 5:35 left

1st down at the 27 with 3:00 left and clock ticking

- Run with Cook up the middle...got 1 yard

2:00 warning

- Pass into the EZ for Shakir on 2nd down....Incomplete. I know what was said all last week about Chris Jones pushing Dawkins into JA, but honestly, Dawkins barely touches JA; does not look that minimal contact affected the throw at all. Curious, did JA ever address that throw in his post game presser?

- Pass thrown OOB on the right side on 3rd down as coverage was very good and JA rolled to the right side. His best option was across the field on the left side, but he didn’t look that way

- Missed FG by Bass

- Pacheco runs 2x and gets a 1st down; game over

It totally SUCKS that the Bills were right there, but couldn't continue the drive to get the TD.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.