Update: Kadarius Toney out. Omenihu and Gay to play..

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chiefs-rule-out-kadarius-toney-list-charles-omenihu-and-willie-gay-as-questionable

"Willie Gay is questionable with a neck injury. The neck injury is a lingering one for Gay, and the fact that the Chiefs now list him as questionable after saying yesterday that he would play suggests that he may have suffered a setback."

Edited by Sierra Foothills

Omenehu would be huge.

Gay, not so much imo.  They have a deep LB unit with Bolton, Tranquil and Chenal.

Toney, we’re better off if he played.  Him being out should move the line to bills -1.5.  He might be the worst player in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Omenehu would be huge.

Not just because he's a good player, but also because the reason listed is "illness".

Little bug running around the Chiefs locker room?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Toney, we’re better off if he played.  Him being out should move the line to bills -1.5.  He might be the worst player in the NFL

Toney ran a 4.37 at the combine but is averaging 6.6 ypc this season. How is that even possible?

I seem to recall that the Giants wanted Devonta Smith in the first round and the Eagles traded ahead of them to take Smith. The Giants then traded down and selected Toney.

It was a Dave Gettelman pick.

32 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Toney ran a 4.37 at the combine but is averaging 6.6 ypc this season. How is that even possible?

I seem to recall that the Giants wanted Devonta Smith in the first round and the Eagles traded ahead of them to take Smith. The Giants then traded down and selected Toney.

It was a Dave Gettelman pick.

Iirc, 20% of the WRs in his combine year seemed to run under 4.4.   Not 💯 sure, but I remember one season in which the 40 times were super low and obv not correct in comparison to other years

29 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Starting NT is out too.

He is-  which could also be a good thing for them. My 2 chiefs buddies think he’s a net negative for team much like you and I think Gabe is for the Bills

• Like (+1) 1

Toney would be bigger than you think. Despite all the drops he has elite speed and that would have to be respected which opens up the mid seam more for Kelce.

Gay also would be huge because they like to use him as the spy and did in the first game. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

59 minutes ago, Simon said:

Not just because he's a good player, but also because the reason listed is "illness".

Ohh, that would be terrible! I hope they all feel better on Monday. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I would be very surprised if he missed the game. It's rare guys listed with "illness' miss games of this magnitude. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Interesting. I would think that would help our run game. 

Yeah me too, I figured we could have an advantage up the middle, that’s why I reached out to them.  They both think he’s no better than backup level and not good bs the run or pass.

If Omenihu is somehow out, I think the Nnadi injury will hurt as Omenihu played some inside after he went out.  They’ll need him to help replace the NT.  Wharton will probably take the majority of the snaps.  He’s more of a pass rusher though.  We’ll find out tomorrow!

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Mahomes probably cheered when he heard no Toney to run bad routes and drop his passes.  

Right? My first thought was “shoot that’s bad for us”

Whats Tooneys injury? “Mahomes hates him”

1 hour ago, Simon said:

starship troopers GIF by Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars

• Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chiefs-rule-out-kadarius-toney-list-charles-omenihu-and-willie-gay-as-questionable

"Willie Gay is questionable with a neck injury. The neck injury is a lingering one for Gay, and the fact that the Chiefs now list him as questionable after saying yesterday that he would play suggests that he may have suffered a setback."

Toney is probably 'addition by subtraction'.

Anything that hampers Omenihu is fine.  The Chiefs are already without Nnadi.  Half their DL missing or hampered would be fine.  Losing a linebacker, too, would be gravy but I bet Gay lines up for the "T train" and goes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Ohh, that would be terrible! I hope they all feel better on Monday. 

Not me.

I hope they are a crew of sad, unhappy sonsabitches when they roll out of bed. 🤞

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Omenehu would be huge.

Gay, not so much imo.  They have a deep LB unit with Bolton, Tranquil and Chenal.

Gay is fastest of the LB core and as the spy gave Josh some problems.. so this would be a big deal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Gay is fastest of the LB core and as the spy gave Josh some problems.. so this would be a big deal. 

Exactly what I was thinking...

• Agree 1

• Sierra Foothills changed the title to Update: Kadarius Toney out. Omenihu and Gay to play..
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.