Friday Official Injury Report

Douglas being full is huge...should be able to go.

We need Taron and Terrell...

Davis being out isn't a huge deal to me...Shakir has been coming on for weeks and him getting more playing time is a positive.

In this game it may be his playmaking skills that are the better fit with KCs D...they aren't letting Davis get over the top like he did last time.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Casey D said:

Taron was quoted after practice he was optimistic he would play.  Just has to pass final test tomorrow.  I believe him a tad more than you.  So here's hoping you don't know what you are talking about.

Bernard must be catching naps in the training room, working with trainers who are treating him in shifts

Bernard listed as "DNP" but he was out there with a jersey on, walking across the field house and doing some stretching.

He didn't look too lively though, unlike Smiley (Taron Johnson)

Also caught a glimpse of Benford in the distance.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

I agree 100%. I think Douglas and Taron OUT too, unfortunately. This is all table talk.

Passing concussion protocol for the game the following week for a mild concussion happens way more often than not…Douglas was a full go in practice and said he could’ve played last week..  odds of them both being out are very small.  I’d expect they both play 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, DJB said:

Do we know the dirty Chiefs injury report?

https://www.chiefs.com/news/divisional-playoff-injury-report-chiefs-vs-bills

Nose Tackle Derrick Nnadi ruled out, as well as the recently activated from IR Skyy Moore. 

Questionable designations to a pair of WRs in Toney and Ross.

A relatively clean sheet for these guys, but losing their starting caliber DL must burn. 

Edit: Back up tackle Wanya Morris also ruled out with a concussion it appears he sustained in practice? Full participant earlier this week, then limited, to DNP and ruled out. I left this off initially as he is not in the starting 5. On second thought, I came back to add him after recognizing it was Morris who faced the Bills (many say admirably) when Donovan Smith could not play. Likely a non factor but in the event of an in game injury, they’d be down to their next option. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's not playing,  he's still limping.  Give him another week.

Expect the Bills to use a lot of their Safeties / Corners as LBs this week. Historically teams that commit 6-8 men to coverage do well vs the Chiefs, including the masterclass performed by the Bengals the past 2 AFC Championships. 3-2-6, 3-1-7 exotic looks depending on personnel. The idea is speed is more important to coverage. To that end some guys who might fill positions are Lewis, Neal, and Hamlin.  While a not ideal replacement for Bernard, there likely will be scenarios where Klein & Dodson come off and lighter personnel is used. 

According to banged up bills and some other reports, Bernard is a pain management issue.  He has instability in his ankle from a previous injury.  There is a chance they just tape it up and fill the ankle with pain meds.  

he may not play but I think there is a real chance he does.  

• Like (+1) 1

The good news is the chiefs don’t have any physical runners,Pacheco is a shifty guy like cook so for us playing more hybrid LBs would be fine considering how healthy our D line is. 

I like the thought of Gregg and others being physical with Kelce at the line then having a LB or Poyer help in the middle. If we can get 3 or 4 man pressure on Mahomes he will be forced to throw it away or try and use his legs vs our extra dbs. 

• Disagree 2

12 hours ago, cgang said:

I think Bernard needs at least another week.

No way he plays imo. Simply walking he has a bit of a limp. 

23 minutes ago, GoBills! said:

The good news is the chiefs don’t have any physical runners,Pacheco is a shifty guy like cook so for us playing more hybrid LBs would be fine considering how healthy our D line is. 

I like the thought of Gregg and others being physical with Kelce at the line then having a LB or Poyer help in the middle. If we can get 3 or 4 man pressure on Mahomes he will be forced to throw it away or try and use his legs vs our extra dbs. 

Pacheco is a physical runner. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

No way he plays imo. Simply walking he has a bit of a limp. 

Pacheco is a physical runner. 

Cook ranks higher in YACON, broken tackles any many more. 

McCaffery , Henry, Harris , hall all top for YACON. I’m not worrried he needs space and big lanes. Our big boys can swallow that up in the middle. 

18 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Douglas is playing?!? Link?

Taron isn't playing - he didn't clear today yet and is due at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow. Rule is 36 hours before gametime or listed OUT.

Do you have a reference for that 36 hour rule?  I have not heard that before.  There is no mention of that in this NFL resource.  Thanks.

https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthandsafety/resources/fact-sheets/nfl-return-to-participation-protocol

16 hours ago, ganesh said:

We need to come firing with our athletic TEs like we did last week.  The Chiefs will play quite close and hit hard.  Can they hold on to the football.  Go Bills !!!

The Chiefs will play quite close because their main secondary technique is holding. Can the refs spot the holds on both teams is the question.

21 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

https://www.chiefs.com/news/divisional-playoff-injury-report-chiefs-vs-bills

Nose Tackle Derrick Nnadi ruled out, as well as the recently activated from IR Skyy Moore. 

Questionable designations to a pair of WRs in Toney and Ross.

A relatively clean sheet for these guys, but losing their starting caliber DL must burn. 

Edit: Back up tackle Wanya Morris also ruled out with a concussion it appears he sustained in practice? Full participant earlier this week, then limited, to DNP and ruled out. I left this off initially as he is not in the starting 5. On second thought, I came back to add him after recognizing it was Morris who faced the Bills (many say admirably) when Donovan Smith could not play. Likely a non factor but in the event of an in game injury, they’d be down to their next option. 

Chiefs are in a tough spot if they lose an olineman for sure.  Pretty rough spot for skill position players too no Toney no skyy moore 

8 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

The Chiefs will play quite close because their main secondary technique is holding. Can the refs spot the holds on both teams is the question.

Seems like they don’t really call holds in the playoffs 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.