Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

38 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fallout? Not sure there would be much.

Beane remains GM. McDermott remains HC.

Joe Brady will either be named OC or they'll do a more thorough search. I'd bet on a defensive coordinator being hired, likely Babich or Washington.

The Bills will draft and sign some players. Some players will leave in free agency.

Then they'll line up and play again next year and be top five in Super Bowl odds again, because they're a good team with a good roster and an elite QB. The window is open and will remain open.

It depends on how they lose.....but I think they win....We drafted DL to shut down the chiefs and to get after Patty. If we lose a heartbreaking low scoring game I would go offense in draft. Stud WR and build an O-line that gives Josh all day. It still feels to me the teams that hold the trophy at the end always has an OL that the best defensive players and coaches cant beat.

Edited by billsfanmd07

3 minutes ago, billsfanmd07 said:

It depends on how they lose.....but I think they win....We drafted DL to shut down the chiefs and to get after Patty. If we lose a heartbreaking low scoring game I would go offense in draft. Stud WR and build an O-line that gives Josh all day. It still feels to meet the teams that hold the trophy at the end always has an OL that the best defensive players and coaches cant beat.

I'd like to continue to add to the offense in a big way this offseason regardless.

Specifically, they suddenly seem pretty set at OL, TE, and RB1 (and obviously QB). Go get a 1st round WR (trade up if need be), another mid round WR, and a viable RB2, and they'll be rolling. 

As it is, the offense has a much brighter long term prognosis going forward, given the career trajectories of Cook, Kindcaid, Shakir, and the OL. But that's no reason to stop adding. MAKE LIFE AS EASY AS POSSIBLE ON JOSH ALLEN.

But this is all a discussion for AFTER we win the Super Bowl.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Well, we'll see.  That was with Roman's offense.  Maybe That was Then, This is Now.

I'm not saying that because I want to see the Ravens go any further, but do you really believe Josh Allen and the Bills have no chance against the Chiefs because the Chiefs in the playoffs have beaten them twice?  Past performance no guarantee of future results and all that.

I don't care whose offense it was with, he put up much better numbers all those years during the regular season.  That might be valid if he sucked during the regular season too but he didn't.  I mean, the best playoff performance he has had was his first one his rookie year with a 78.5 QB Rating.  That's not gonna get it done.

No but one is an individual performance and one is a team performance.  Josh Allen has performed exceptionally well in the playoffs.  He takes his game to the next level.  Lamar takes his game from the penthouse to the basement. It's embarrassing to say the least for a soon to be 2 Time MVP during the regular season to perform like that when the stakes are highest.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wow, Terry really laying it on the line this weekend.

This is supposed to be funny?

Can someone use photoshop to make Joe Pera's face into a steaming pile of dung? 

Want to post it in every one of his videos on YouTube.

On 1/16/2024 at 6:53 AM, BuffaloBillyG said:

This. 

To me this is the ultimate "put up or shut up" situation. The Bills need to put the Chiefs down here. A win in this spot erases years of playoff failures to the Chiefs. Erases last year's divisional round let down at home against Cincinnati. I don't think I'm overplaying it by saying it's the most important game of McDermott's era. Getting bounced for a 3rd time in 4 years by the Chiefs would be unacceptable. Losing a home divisional round game for the second straight year would be equally unacceptable. Especially against a Chief team that is not as strong as years past.

Considering the opponents recent past, I'm oddly confident. The time is now. 

The officiating makes me extremely nervous tbh. If it’s an evenly called game then I am confident, but I have a feeling the Bills will get hosed somehow. Then the whole Taylor Swift thing. I don’t like it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

When a comedian tweets something like that it's on people to use a couple brain cells and figure it out.

Sorry I don't keep up with comedians. I have no idea who he was. Forgive me.  I didn't realize he was so important or supposed to be funny. 

48 minutes ago, Logic said:

Joe Brady will either be named OC or they'll do a more thorough search. I'd bet on a defensive coordinator being hired, likely Babich or Washington.

The Bills will draft and sign some players. Some players will leave in free agency.

Then they'll line up and play again next year and be top five in Super Bowl odds again, because they're a good team with a good roster and an elite QB. The window is open and will remain open.

Agreed. The idea that McDermott being canned after getting to the playoffs 6 out of 7 seasons and to the divisional round or better four straight years seems unlikely, especially with all the reports that he was unlikely to go when the team was 6-6.

I do agree that McDermott needs a DC (one he is aligned with) to take a load off. I think the only reason he didn't this year was Frazier stepping away in May as opposed to February. The OC (likely Brady IMHO) will have a full season to install an offense.

The Bills really can't do anything too crazy with roster composition. We are $40 M over the cap atm and our top 3 cap hits only increase that number if we move on from them. There will be cuts and renegotiations, but I expect that apart from our draft picks the 2024 Bills will look a lot like the 2023 Buffalo Bills. And bluntly, if you are getting to the Divisional Round (or better) four years in a row how badly do you want to mix it up?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You're not waiting for the Texans in the AFCCG?

I'll go up for that as well...maybe. Luca's bday is the day before the game.  If I leave directly after I can do that. Wife would be unhappy 

Edited by boyst

12 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The officiating makes me extremely nervous tbh. If it’s an evenly called game then I am confident, but I have a feeling the Bills will get hosed somehow. Then the whole Taylor Swift thing. I don’t like it

Gonna be cold and refs don't have heated benches. Flags will be slowed. Human nature.  And enough with the Swift conspiracies, people. Jesus she lives in this fan bases head rent free.

35 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

This is supposed to be funny?

Can someone use photoshop to make Joe Pera's face into a steaming pile of dung? 

Want to post it in every one of his videos on YouTube.

Joe is more talented than you or any of your relatives.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Gonna be cold and refs don't have heated benches. Flags will be slowed. Human nature.  And enough with the Swift conspiracies, people. Jesus she lives in this fan bases head rent free.

I'd put my favorite ball on the line that the NFL would kill for the Swifties to be in the superbowl

22 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

What's not to like about averaging 10 penalties a game against us with this assclown? Can already feel the drive killing holding penalties and non-calls on our receivers getting mugged.

We're going to have to dominate them.

• Agree 1

This was posted at the Buffalo Range. If true, then I feel better about the officials.

Shawn’s crew actually calls more penalties against the away team and the home team has a .625 win percentage this year.  Shawn has never been the referee for a game in Buffalo.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

I'd put my favorite ball on the line that the NFL would kill for the Swifties to be in the superbowl

Yes, and to do it they would sacrifice having the leagues most dynamic player and one of the most polarizing players in the league to put a Chief team back in that an extremely high % of fans are bored watching and sick of seeing in the Super Bowl. They don't care about the actual 3 hours of game...they care more about being able to have a total of 20 seconds of cut aways to Taylor Swift.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yes, and to do it they would sacrifice having the leagues most dynamic player and one of the most polarizing players in the league to put a Chief team back in that an extremely high % of fans are bored watching and sick of seeing in the Super Bowl. They don't care about the actual 3 hours of game...they care more about being able to have a total of 20 seconds of cut aways to Taylor Swift.

idk man. if we were talking about some borderline franchise without start power I might agree. But the Chiefs will draw by themselves; even if like you say people are bored of them. They will watch to see him lose. Meanwhile, the NFL gets this MASSIVE audience of non-traditional football fans watching their ads.

I'm even more convinced after typing that out. Might put my least favorite ball on the line too

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

idk man. if we were talking about some borderline franchise without start power I might agree. But the Chiefs will draw by themselves; even if like you say people are bored of them. They will watch to see him lose. Meanwhile, the NFL gets this MASSIVE audience of non-traditional football fans watching their ads.

I'm even more convinced after typing that out. Might put my least favorite ball on the line too

They get that anyway. Seriously, I know it's cool and hip to believe weird conspiracies and that there's always something shady about everything but it's not that deep. 

I swear this these days people have turned the movie Idiocracy from a comedy into a documentary.

• Like (+1) 1

Man, I'm just so happy we're here.  There was a 4-week stretch where we lost to the Bengals, had the 12-man fiasco w/ the Broncos, and saw Philly's kicker make a 60-yarder in the rain.  We were at 6-6, with something like a 14% chance to make the playoffs. The division seemed out of reach.  That article came out about McDermott that seemed like it could send things spiraling.  We were starting to talk coaching changes & the draft on here, and I was getting a ton of laughing emojis for still hoping beyond hope that we could go on a run.

Now here we are w/ the 2 seed, in the divisional round, and favorites against a VISITING Chiefs team, which we haven't seen in the Mahomes era.  

McDermott deserves credit, imo.  It was a lot of close games and nail-biting, but he put together a fantastic run to close the season and bring us our 4th division title in a row.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

They get that anyway. Seriously, I know it's cool and hip to believe weird conspiracies and that there's always something shady about everything but it's not that deep. 

I swear this these days people have turned the movie Idiocracy from a comedy into a documentary.

Thanks guy, appreciate the kind words

58 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I don't care whose offense it was with, he put up much better numbers all those years during the regular season.  That might be valid if he sucked during the regular season too but he didn't.  I mean, the best playoff performance he has had was his first one his rookie year with a 78.5 QB Rating.  That's not gonna get it done.

No but one is an individual performance and one is a team performance.  Josh Allen has performed exceptionally well in the playoffs.  He takes his game to the next level.  Lamar takes his game from the penthouse to the basement. It's embarrassing to say the least for a soon to be 2 Time MVP during the regular season to perform like that when the stakes are highest.

Disagree here.

There are many factors in play with Lamar. You can't negate or ignore the changes the Ravens have made. Their offense is not even remotely close to the offense of past years. Their offensive system is much more diverse, has legit WRs with speed, and a "lively" TE.

Also, Lamar is more experienced and a better passer. He's not a great passer but he's improved, dangerous, and dynamic.The offense not one dimensional. That's the major difference. They do have a legit passing game. 

The Ravens are the AFC favorites for a reason and Lamar factors into that. To imply he's going to play poorly in the upcoming playoff game(s) is based on opinion not fact. An opinion that I disagree with. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Agree with you, there probably won't be any "fallout" at this point considering how they finished the season.

As for the bold, I think Brady has clearly done enough to earn him the OC job. Also not sure they hire DC either because McD has honestly done a pretty damn good job. Who knows though, anything can happen.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

For the most part this team has been really good in all three phases this last stretch. There have been up and down moments, but largely pretty steady across the board. 

I would love that against KC, but this is a game where Josh may need to put on his Superman cape but stop short of hero ball. 

Our D is so banged up that it's hard not to see KC scoring a bunch of points.  

That means Josh will want to play Superman.  Hopefully, it doesn't lead to what the media likes to call, "The Full Josh Allen Experience" - including some turnovers.  

I'm hoping for a couple of things from these two key guys:

McDermott.  He's been able to manufacture good performances despite all the guys in bandages.  I hope he does so again.  I hope he schemes and calls the best defensive game of his life.

Josh.  I hope he avoids TOs but still makes big plays.  I hope he remains patient, takes what's given, spreads the ball around, uses his legs effectively, makes good decisions, and is preternaturally accurate with the ball.  

If both McD and Josh have good days, we'll win.  If they don't, we could lose by double digits.  

Hilarious takes on the concept of "SNOW".  Funny when people don't even know the words "good packing", "snow blower", "why people don't bring shovels" into a game, that "heated seats or field" would fix a 3 foot snow pile. "why don't they just plow?".

Sunday low wind!

10 mph is key. 

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stops JA17 from the swift completion of his appointed TD's and 50 yd runs

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

Hilarious takes on the concept of "SNOW".  Funny when people don't even know the words "good packing", "snow blower", "why people don't bring shovels" into a game, that "heated seats or field" would fix a 3 foot snow pile. "why don't they just plow?".

Sunday low wind!

10 mph is key. 

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stops JA17 from the swift completion of his appointed TD's and 50 yd runs

Except hochuli phantom grounding calls as he’s horse collared

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Disagree here.

There are many factors in play with Lamar. You can't negate or ignore the changes the Ravens have made. Their offense is not even remotely close to the offense of past years. Their offensive system is much more diverse, has legit WRs with speed, and a "lively" TE.

Also, Lamar is more experienced and a better passer. He's not a great passer but he's improved, dangerous, and dynamic.The offense not one dimensional. That's the major difference. They do have a legit passing game. 

The Ravens are the AFC favorites for a reason and Lamar factors into that. To imply he's going to play poorly in the upcoming playoff game(s) is based on opinion not fact. An opinion that I disagree with. 

All I can base someone on is how they have played in previous situations that are similar to the ones they are currently playing in regarding the time of year. When he proves he can play at a high level in the playoffs, then I will accept it. Until then, he is the same Lamar as he always has been in the playoffs. One that shines during the regular season and plays at a below replacement level quality player in the playoffs.

Edited by Big Turk

7 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Our D is so banged up that it's hard not to see KC scoring a bunch of points.  

That means Josh will want to play Superman.  Hopefully, it doesn't lead to what the media likes to call, "The Full Josh Allen Experience" - including some turnovers.  

I'm hoping for a couple of things from these two key guys:

McDermott.  He's been able to manufacture good performances despite all the guys in bandages.  I hope he does so again.  I hope he schemes and calls the best defensive game of his life.

Josh.  I hope he avoids TOs but still makes big plays.  I hope he remains patient, takes what's given, spreads the ball around, uses his legs effectively, makes good decisions, and is preternaturally accurate with the ball.  

If both McD and Josh have good days, we'll win.  If they don't, we could lose by double digits.  

The Chiefs offense hasn't been that great this year. It looks like Kelce is showing his age. I am not saying this won't be a tough game because it will be. But the Bills are favorites for a reason. Only one home loss this year and that was because they gifted the Broncos a second shot at a FG otherwise the Bills would have been undefeated in OP this season.

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Success said:

Man, I'm just so happy we're here.  There was a 4-week stretch where we lost to the Bengals, had the 12-man fiasco w/ the Broncos, and saw Philly's kicker make a 60-yarder in the rain.  We were at 6-6, with something like a 14% chance to make the playoffs. The division seemed out of reach.  That article came out about McDermott that seemed like it could send things spiraling.  We were starting to talk coaching changes & the draft on here, and I was getting a ton of laughing emojis for still hoping beyond hope that we could go on a run.

Now here we are w/ the 2 seed, in the divisional round, and favorites against a VISITING Chiefs team, which we haven't seen in the Mahomes era.  

McDermott deserves credit, imo.  It was a lot of close games and nail-biting, but he put together a fantastic run to close the season and bring us our 4th division title in a row.

I agree in the short term. It was an unlikely outcome of success.

However, the Bills should have never been in that predictiment. 

So it cuts both ways here. McD deserves blame and credit. I think a lot depends on what happens this Sunday. 

A loss will likely cause many Bills fans to be disappointed with McD. Similar to what Dallas and Pitt fans are saying and feeling about McCarthy and Tomlin. 

A win vs KC and an AFC championship game is likely seen as a successful season win or lose. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

All I can base someone on is how they have played in previous situations that are similar to the ones they are currently playing in regarding the time of year. When he proves he can play at a high level in the playoffs, then I will accept it. Until then, he is the same Lamar as he always has been in the playoffs. One that shines during the regular season and plays at a below replacement level quality player in the playoffs.

Do you really want to go there? 

Then talk about coach McD. Does your premise still apply? 

Allen hasn't even sniffed a SB despite his play. Does your premise still apply? 

Like I stated before, you can't ignore changes that have been made. The Ravens have improved their offense and are more diversifed. The chances of Lamar being successful have greatly improved. 

Stop digging your hole. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.