heat lamps question

The Tomcat

I am lucky enough to fall into some tickets under the heat lamps this weekend.

Our seats are in the 4th row.  Will the heaters be helping us?  It seems they are a bit behind us overhead.

Never sat there before.  Any insight would be appreciated.   

Asking for a friend!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

The overhang starts in the 6th row so you won’t get help from the heaters. Going into the club before the game and at halftime is a plus with the weather. We have gone into the club as soon as the stadium opened in cases it was super cold and we didn’t want to tailgate for a very long time like the NE playoff game. Have fun and make sure to bring a shovel and cardboard to help

your car out after the game, especially in non paved lots. Additionally brining styrofoam to stand on can be helpful as the ground will be very cold to stand on the whole game. Also gives you a couple extra inches to see over the crowd. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The heat lamps increase the "feels like" temp by about 20 degrees, in my opinion.

A 30 degree day, feels like a 50 degree day (under the lamps).

A 15 degree day, feels like a 35 degree day.

Etc, etc.

But ONLY if you are row 7 and UP. If you are row 6 or lower, the lamps do little to nothing. 

1 hour ago, The Tomcat said:

Our seats are in the 4th row.  Will the heaters be helping us?  It seems they are a bit behind us overhead.

Asking for a friend!

Go Bills!

Hunter heat packs in your boots and gloves are a MUST. Thank me later, you'll be able to enjoy the game instead of wondering how much longer you have to endure your feet literally so cold your bones are hurting from touching the concrete.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

The wind might blow some heat your way, I’m thinking you won’t be pulling a Ryan Fitzpatrick and taking your shirt off though.

If he does, I defiantly want to see it. Fitzpatrick demonstrates why bears don’t seem to mind winter! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Eh, this dude seemed fine without a shirt, if I were you I'd leave the jacket at home but would grow out that chest hair... :beer: 

ryan-fitzpatrick-fired-up.jpg.372b3360a28353a01696d748ce53eeeb.jpg

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Eh, this dude seemed fine without a shirt, if I were you I'd leave the jacket at home but would grow out that chest hair... :beer: 

Travel light. Always a good rule to follow. I like it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Hunter heat packs in your boots and gloves are a MUST. Thank me later, you'll be able to enjoy the game instead of wondering how much longer you have to endure your feet literally so cold your bones are hurting from touching the concrete.

I use insulated muck boots. Work like a champ without heat packs.

1 hour ago, The Tomcat said:

Asking for a friend!

Go Bills!

The lamps will help some, but with that wind it might not matter. You have to be in rows 7 and up to get the full fry lamp effect.

3 minutes ago, damj said:

I use insulated muck boots. Work like a champ without heat packs.

I don't have any of those but the heat packs work well for me no matter what I have worn

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Heat lamps? We used to walk uphill both to and from the Rockpile! 

On the way back you were probably drunk and walked wrong way.

I was at Rockpile as a kid (around 10) during last season from Steelton.  Walked there (10.5 mi) for if I got my bike stolen I'd have my butt beaten.  Got a partial ride by someone on the way to work who recognized me.  Got there late. Did not have enough money for ticket but guy at gate told me to wait and asked me if I had any cigarettes and I told him no just wooden box matches to keep my hands warm.  A friend of his came by, he asked for a ticket and he told me the money I had and a box of matches).  He got cigarettes from friend. I paid friend and he asked if I had any more matches and I said yes and gave guy at gate a box.  Watched until mid-3rd quarter and left because I was supposed to be home for dinner.   Got in back of a truck at a light and chased out a few miles down in South Buffalo.  I got home late and no supper.  No one found out I went to game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Did not have enough money for ticket but guy at gate told me to wait and asked me if I had any cigarettes and I told him no just wooden box matches to keep my hands warm.  A friend of his came by, he asked for a ticket and he told me the money I had and a box of matches).  He got cigarettes from friend. I paid friend and he asked if I had any more matches and I said yes and gave guy at gate a box.  

Love this story. Makes me yearn for simpler times. This would never be possible today.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Heitz said:

This is the embodiment of male specimen in peak form. 

3 hours ago, The Tomcat said:

Asking for a friend!

Go Bills!

I would recommend those chemical pocket warmers , shoe warmers and the adhesive ones you can stick onto your long johns that are 4x6  inches ish applied in the right places and in the right quantities they work great and will put out heat for four plus hours, I have used them on my sail boat out in the ocean in the late fall combined with appropriate clothing they are the way to go, 😁👍

GO BILLS!!!

1 hour ago, boyst said:

This is the embodiment of male specimen in peak form. 

And he was still under contract with the Redskins (they will always be that) at the time!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WickedGame said:

So, just another Look At Me Post?

More like a "Look at Fitzmagic" post. 

4 hours ago, Heitz said:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.