Head coach carousel 2024 edition

djp14150

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

Anybody else think it's strange that the team made a glossy graphic about an interview? They kind of have to hire him now.

That is a good point. Or it might be just Arthur Blank wanting to say "hey everybody...we are serious and are going all out to hire the best...come play for Atlanta!"

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

How do you interview Bill Belichick? 

I mean what do you ask him about philosophy etc? Surely we know who Bill Belichick is and what he does or doesn't bring?

The best tweet was:

”Tell us about a time you succeeded against incredible odds and how you did it.”

• Haha (+1) 2

19 hours ago, chongli said:

Could anyone understand him?

7 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Anybody else think it's strange that the team made a glossy graphic about an interview? They kind of have to hire him now.

Just putting that as a trading card in the 2024 Donruss Atlanta Falcons team set.

6 hours ago, FireChans said:

The best tweet was:

”Tell us about a time you succeeded against incredible odds and how you did it.”

Answer:  I got rid of Matt Patricia twice.

• Haha (+1) 1

If the goal is getting to a Super Bowl then the NFC is the place to go. 

I know coaches and players don't think like that, but really, it's strategic. Harbaugh on the Falcons would be cool, and they would actually use their skill players on offense. That division is total meh, and even a 7-10 record has you in the conversation for a division title and home playoff game. 

• Agree 1

On 1/16/2024 at 10:12 AM, GunnerBill said:

How do you interview Bill Belichick? 

I mean what do you ask him about philosophy etc? Surely we know who Bill Belichick is and what he does or doesn't bring?

Ask him how he plans solve problems at QB or in offense etc. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Dude said:

Thoughts on Ron Rivera helping as Defensive Asst. 

He said he would be comfortable as an assistant. 

It depends how the rest of the post season plays out. I'm not against adding more minds in but honestly McD has done an outstanding job as DC this season.

Bill meeting with the Falcons for a 2nd time. 

Ian Rapoport on X: "Sources: Former #Patriots coach Bill Belichick will have a second interview with the #Falcons brass this weekend after meeting with owner Arthur Blank 1-on-1 this past week. Things are ramping up with the greatest coach of all time… https://t.co/UR8LnJcYSS" / X (twitter.com)

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Ian Rapoport on X: "Sources: Former #Patriots coach Bill Belichick will have a second interview with the #Falcons brass this weekend after meeting with owner Arthur Blank 1-on-1 this past week. Things are ramping up with the greatest coach of all time… https://t.co/UR8LnJcYSS" / X (twitter.com)

Think that one is feeling like a done deal myself. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Arthur Blank Check seems a natural.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2024 at 9:40 AM, Low Positive said:

It's going to be like McDonald's hockey cards up here in Canada, eh?

If Belichick as much as answers your phone call, you get to make a commemorative card. 😁

25 minutes ago, Gregg said:

BB & Harbaugh.

Atlanta going "all in" on cheating candidates apparently.

• Haha (+1) 1

JosinaAnderson on X: "Barring a snag in negotiations or a future development (still have to get a signature), I’m expecting Bill Belichick to become the next head coach of the NFC South* Atlanta Falcons. His previous rapport with #Falcons CEO Rich McKay creates comfort he can’t mimic in any other…" / X (twitter.com)

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Eric Bieniemy and Brian Flores have gotten zero interest? Or did I miss something?

Nope. No interview requests for either to this point. 

Interesting Greg Roman has interviewed for the OC job in Chicago. Right coach at this stage for Fields I think. But he is expected to be on Harbaugh's staff if he lands a job so he might he holding out for that.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Interesting Greg Roman has interviewed for the OC job in Chicago. Right coach at this stage for Fields I think. But he is expected to be on Harbaugh's staff if he lands a job so he might he holding out for that.

I wonder if it’s actually them refusing to be a token interview. 

Roman would be great for Fields. 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't how they'd make that decision. Other than Vegas who haven't started interviews yet beyond internal (and I still think are all in on Harbaugh) every other vacancy except Carolins has already interviewed more than 2 minority candidates. 

I think Flores's lawsuit might hurt him (and he hasn't exactly shone in MIN, he has done okay but not jumped off the page). On Bieinemy I am not sure I expected HC interviews this year. I do think he will be a relatively hot commodity once teams get to the hiring OCs stage.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Disagree he is the right coach for Fields now. He was the right coach 2 years ago.

They should just start over. No reason to win 9 games with Fields playing running back now.

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I gotta feeling you will be selecting  a QB for the Bears Pick 1 come your first mock …

38 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Disagree he is the right coach for Fields now. He was the right coach 2 years ago.

They should just start over. No reason to win 9 games with Fields playing running back now.

I would start over as well. But if you are keeping Justin Fields you should hire Greg Roman.

15 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I gotta feeling you will be selecting  a QB for the Bears Pick 1 come your first mock …

Yea I would think so too. I am thinking the Bears are going QB until and unless there is some firm evidence that they're not

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

JosinaAnderson on X: "Barring a snag in negotiations or a future development (still have to get a signature), I’m expecting Bill Belichick to become the next head coach of the NFC South* Atlanta Falcons. His previous rapport with #Falcons CEO Rich McKay creates comfort he can’t mimic in any other…" / X (twitter.com)

There's no way Belichick would renig on a coaching commitment.  

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

There's no way Belichick would renig on a coaching commitment.  

They need a QB in Atlanta but otherwise they have some nice talent on that roster. Plus, the NFC South is weak. He can quickly get a lot of wins in that division and the NFC in general as it is the weaker conference. Gives him a better shot at catching Shula.

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

They need a QB in Atlanta but otherwise they have some nice talent on that roster. Plus, the NFC South is weak. He can quickly get a lot of wins in that division and the NFC in general as it is the weaker conference. Gives him a better shot at catching Shula.

Agreed.  They have the pieces on offense.  They're a quarterback and an offensive coordinator away from being a serious contender.  What's Brady and McDaniels up to now adays?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Roman would be good until he hit the plateau as it did in Buffalo and Baltimore.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Agreed.  They have the pieces on offense.  They're a quarterback and an offensive coordinator away from being a serious contender.  What's Brady and McDaniels up to now adays?

Br*dy is working on his new movie "90 for Brady".  He is negotiating for it to done in Las Vegas where he has connections with owner.

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Kingsbury seems a better fit for Bears if they draft Williams. So they Oscar selection will tell us that. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't how they'd make that decision. Other than Vegas who haven't started interviews yet beyond internal (and I still think are all in on Harbaugh) every other vacancy except Carolins has already interviewed more than 2 minority candidates. 

I think Flores's lawsuit might hurt him (and he hasn't exactly shone in MIN, he has done okay but not jumped off the page). On Bieinemy I am not sure I expected HC interviews this year. I do think he will be a relatively hot commodity once teams get to the hiring OCs stage.

I think that Vegas job is Pierces.

I also think bienemy will be highly sought after.  If Reid does indeed retire I wonder if he would end up back in kc.

44 minutes ago, section122 said:

I think that Vegas job is Pierces.

I also think bienemy will be highly sought after.  If Reid does indeed retire I wonder if he would end up back in kc.

Possibly. I still think it is the place that makes most sense for Harbaugh and they have been reported as interested, though as yet no interview scheduled. I think if Harbaugh doesn't get it Pierce will. But I still think that is the best route for him back to the NFL. 

So far Bienemy has zero interview requests for HC and other than the Raiders who are being quite deliberate everyone else is well into their process. I think he is facing another year of being an OC but in that field he will be very highly sought after. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Possibly. I still think it is the place that makes most sense for Harbaugh and they have been reported as interested, though as yet no interview scheduled. I think if Harbaugh doesn't get it Pierce will. But I still think that is the best route for him back to the NFL. 

So far Bienemy has zero interview requests for HC and other than the Raiders who are being quite deliberate everyone else is well into their process. I think he is facing another year of being an OC but in that field he will be very highly sought after. 

Yep I might have left some words out there.  I was agreeing about being highly sought after for oc positions.  

Pierce had a press conference earlier this week where he alluded to already having the job so I would be very surprised if he doesn't get that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.