Do you tell the team the outcome of Jags/Titans?

boyst

Do you tell the team they're in the playoffs?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Do you tell the team they're in the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, boyst said:

I know there will be no hiding it from them but in a different world where you could control it do you tell them the outcome? Do you let them know they're guaranteed to make the playoffs? Do you not tell them to make them feel the pressure? Maybe if they know they play more loose?

this is a dumb question and i am not going to give it the gratification of a vote. Obviously telling them would take pressure off them... social media is connected to their hips.. of course, they no as they should... 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They all got on a plane yesterday afternoon before the first game and have been together since, if the team collectively wanted to not know they could not know.

Correct,  that's what I meant by unless they make the decision they don't want to know.

1 hour ago, loyal2dagame said:

Yes vote here. 

Play loose, unleash the dogs. I want scortched earth Josh Allen tonight.  Break their will,  then break their dorsal fins.

this. I think they celebrate and have a blast tonight. And I think they trash the fins just like Baltimore did.

I can imagine McDermott telling them to go out and just have fun, and if they lose they get a do-over back in Miami next week lol.

Edited by CheshireCT

1 hour ago, boyst said:

I know there will be no hiding it from them but in a different world where you could control it do you tell them the outcome? Do you let them know they're guaranteed to make the playoffs? Do you not tell them to make them feel the pressure? Maybe if they know they play more loose?

It’s impossible not to.  Unless McDermott plays to jam up the cellular service and wi-fi at Hard Rock Stadium, they’ll already know 

The pressure on our boys of not making the playoffs ... the absolute heap of ***** that would come down on them .. i don't think we can fully appreciate it. Josh in particular would get it in the neck from journalists. Diggs too. McDermot getting it from the support. Just an all round disaster for them. 

This is huge news for the team. And after Denver, it's been so hard earned. 

i wouldn't want to be a miami fan tonight. I think we might see some verve from the travelling team.

• Like (+1) 1

Are they living in Cuba? Then catching a raft to the game? If not, they are aware. As adults I think they are astute enough to realize the difference between the #2 seed and the #7 seed. So I don’t think I would say a thing. They know!!!!!

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

They all got on a plane yesterday afternoon before the first game and have been together since, if the team collectively wanted to not know they could not know.

This would require the entire team not looking at their phones, every players family and friends knowing of the gag order, literally encountering no one at the stadium or hotel (as I'm sure someone is going to say "congratulations on making the playoffs"), not interacting with any fans pre-game, avoiding being within earshot of fans, and not interacting with the Dolphins at all (as there is often friendly interactions during the game, as evidenced by mic'd up replays).

Long story short, no, it isn't possible.

3 hours ago, Simon said:

My wife has no idea that the Jags lost or that it now means the Bills are in.

I have not told her yet and am deciding whether to tell her or let the tension build until somebody mentions it on the broadcast tonight.

I still haven't told her.

I'm about 20 minutes from getting my ass kicked. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

So treat them like grown adults and expect them to do their job or treat them like children and expect them to just respect you.  Hmmmmmmm, that's a tough one

Thank you for saving me the time of typing that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.