How the Bills End the 2023 season.

sunshynman

How the Bills End the 2023 season.  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Go on record!

• Loss to Miami, Miss Playoffs, McDermitt let go.
    • Loss to Miami, No Playoffs or quick exit, SP Teams coach let go. McDermitt stays, Brady is named OC for next year.
    • Loss to Miami, No Playoffs or quick exit, SP Teams coach let go. McDermitt stays, New OC for next year.
    • Win in Miami, out in WC Round.
    • Win in Miami, out in 2nd Round.
    • Win in Miami, out in AFCCF Round.
    • Loss Superbowl.
    • Win Superbowl.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2024 at 01:00 AM

I always think the worst, so I chose option 2.  It’s probably not logical, as much as it is superstitious and being pessimistic as a lifelong Bills fan.  

Trying to think of it as an impartial fan, despite it being a road game, I think Buffalo comes in with a huge advantage from a health standpoint alone. Not having Chubb and Howard is going to hurt the defense.  I don’t think Hill is close to 100% as he was earlier in the year and even if Mostert and Waddle play, both aren’t going to be close to 100% as well.  

You can also think that Miami wants to bounce back after being humiliated - they probably won’t play that bad two weeks in a row.  But at the same time Buffalo’s offense didn’t play great either and there’s just as much of a chance of them bouncing back too.   

Either way - I am 99.9% certain that McDermott will be HC next year even if the Bills get blown out 56-19 on Sunday.  Not as sold on Brady, especially given McDermott’s comments about Diggs, but I think he’s likely to return as OC.  

Edited by JohnNord
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I always think the worst, so I chose option 2.  It’s probably not logical, as much as it is superstitious and being pessimistic as a lifelong Bills fan.  

Im not superstitious… but I’m a little stitious…

If they can win this week and then good things can happen … If 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GreenDice said:

I just saw this on nfl.com. I don't understand why it is not 100% if our Bills win this week.

image.thumb.png.0d8e5a005ccf7d8d565047d34d1bdc4e.png

It does say more than 99%...

14 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

Mych derMytt

That looks and sounds more Belgian than Germain…, 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

Win in Miami and yet another divisional loss at home again.

Gut feeling tells me it will be yet another Chiefs rematch too which will suck even more than last year against the Bengals for a number of obvious reasons, but watch everything start magically clicking for the Chiefs when the playoffs start including their sputtering offense and and already elite #1 defense playing even better which is scary.

You know the league wants a Chiefs/Ravens AFFCG and they will get it.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Win in Miami and yet another divisional loss at home again.

Gut feeling tells me it will be yet another Chiefs rematch too which will suck even more than last year against the Bengals for a number of obvious reasons, but watch everything start magically clicking for the Chiefs when the playoffs start including their sputtering offense and and already elite #1 defense playing even better which is scary.

You know the league wants a Chiefs/Ravens AFFCG and they will get it.

So you're already assuming your Dolphins lose to them in the Wildcard then.

4 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I predict it will end with a Lombardi trophy be raised. However, the usual negative contingent on 2BD will come on after the game complaining about McDermott mismanaging the game, Beane's FA and Drafts not working, and Josh playing hero ball or misfiring. 

Sounds like you are accepting of McClappys mismanagement over the few years.  IMO,  the players don't seem to have faith in him.  Obviously the results have been worse every year since the 13 second meltdown.   Yes, they have a chance to change that this year, however they clearly have a chance to miss the playoffs all together and continue their decline.

I don't have a good feeling that this team can make a strong run against any team in the playoffs given the way they played (offensively, ST) against the Patriots at home last week.   The offense and Josh specifically were bad.  The defense was great and hopefully they will continue against Miami and into the Playoffs to give the team a chance. 

There is nothing "negative" about the reality of the way the games have, without question, been mismanaged or the way the offense has been uncharacteristically flat in many games this season. 

But go ahead and add me to your "negative contingent" if you feel confident this team will be hoisting the Lombardi🏆 this year.

Sure I would love that as well, however, for the reasons I have listed I am not confident. 

Go Bills!

Just now, BobBelcher said:

I would like to know, of the 46% that said Bills win SB, how many of you were saying the same thing last year? The year before? 😆

150%.  Maybe even 200%.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

There's the option of losing to Miami, still getting in with a jags or pit loss and then losing WC right?  That

I was looking for that too. Don’t think it would be my choice though. 

Just now, BobBelcher said:

I was looking for that too. Don’t think it would be my choice though. 

It would be a crazy thing right. Loss yet get in and then loss again. The ptsd bills fan in me assumes this is what will happen but in my heart of hearts I'd say we win one of those two. We'll see from there. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So you're already assuming your Dolphins lose to them in the Wildcard then.

If the Dolphins lose to the Bills it's going to be very tough for them to respond and avoid a 3rd straight loss having to head to the defending SB champs in the opening round. The only silver lining is they will likely be much healthier next week.

But like I said, the only team I think can beat the Chiefs in the AFC playoffs is the Ravens especially if the team we saw against the 49ers/Dolphins shows up.

• Like (+1) 1

Idk what will happen in afc championship game so - I just put loss there.  

but I do see us wining this week and running the playoff table tj the afccg

if it’s at home against browns we win

away vs ravens I feel a toss up

but I see ravens losing divisional round again so…

13 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

It would be a crazy thing right. Loss yet get in and then loss again. The ptsd bills fan in me assumes this is what will happen but in my heart of hearts I'd say we win one of those two. We'll see from there. 

Would be more bills to win this weekend get your hopes up then lose wc weekend In front of a home crowd 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.