Week 18 - Bills v. Fish - PREDICT THE SCORE

I also have a bad feeling about this. It's fate I tell you. Everything is being set up to ***** us royally. Ravens barely tried with their backups, Jags will win, then the eyes of the nation will be watching Bills at a Miami team that's better at home and has heard all week how they can't win because they're injured and bad against good teams. 

I hate it when the Bills seem to be almost universally favored in a game. This is part me trying to pull a reverse jinx but unlike other times I genuinely think we lose this game and become a laughing stock for being dumped out the playoffs in the final game of the final week. 

I'm also hating that people keep saying we never get blown out, of course it makes me think we'll get blown out. 

Fins 34 - Bills 20

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/3/2024 at 9:47 PM, Taro Nimbus said:

I think the Bills lose a close game here, but manage to squeak into the playoffs with a Steelers loss.

Steelers won , just win please

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

I just have a bad feeling about this.  

Bills lose by 4

Same here and it wasn’t bad sushi 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Bills 34, the squished, 13

Hopefully the Bills establish what they did in the 2nd  Jets game which was the offense I was calling and hoping for for several years--throw the ball short to intermediate, with designed routes for the backs on many plays, and with Shakir, Kincaid, Davis, Diggs and Harty in on the diverse action.

It was the first time in a while that the offense was fun to watch, interesting.  It was a like a pinball machine, with so many things to choose from right in front of Allen.  This would then open the running game up and the longer passes.

But for some reason that approach has been missing the last few weeks, making for more precarious games.

Today I say to throw it short all over the place early, almost ditching the run early. Crossing routes and slants please.  The Bills have been the most running team in the NFL lately, so today do something different--use the short, diverse dynamic passing game, which Allen excels at,  to go after this weakened defense.  Then, dominate them on the ground with all of the backs getting lots of touches, with some passes sprinkled in.

(Or, if they have huge success running early like they did against the girls,  run all game long!  But it cannot be just Cook, he is not that kind of back, and needs to be Johnson and Murray too.)

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/4/2024 at 12:22 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

OK that's enough.  Both of you to your respective corners. @teef and @Jrb1979, this thread is about having some fun predicting the score.  Trolling and ad hominem attacks have no place.  There are plenty of other threads for that, so please find another thread if you wish to continue.

Troll. 

you thumbs up/lombardi trophy anyone who picks the dolphins. 

fake fan. 

Edit: I recant.  I see you gave beers to most pics in general. 

no troll. 

Edited by Blackbeard

3 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Troll. 

you thumbs up/lombardi trophy anyone who picks the dolphins.  You’re a troll, hypocrite and now a liar. 

fake fan. 

You clearly haven't been paying attention to this thread for the long number of years it's been going on TBD.  I inherited this post from the originator with their permission to keep it going.  I decided that Bills picks would get thumbs up, opposing picks would get the beer glass thank you.  There are certain posters that I give the Lombardi, like a poster that picks the Bills with the same score every time, or the one you're referring to, a Bills fan who has NEVER picked the Bills in the many years of this thread, so as not to jinx them. 

If you want to post this ad hominem crap, take it elsewhere.  That kind of posting is not welcome in this thread.

23 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Troll. 

you thumbs up/lombardi trophy anyone who picks the dolphins. 

fake fan. 

Edit: I recant.  I see you gave beers to most pics in general. 

no troll. 

Come to the GDT during 1st quarter to see all the fake fans. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You clearly haven't been paying attention to this thread for the long number of years it's been going on TBD.  I inherited this post from the originator with their permission to keep it going.  I decided that Bills picks would get thumbs up, opposing picks would get the beer glass thank you.  There are certain posters that I give the Lombardi, like a poster that picks the Bills with the same score every time, or the one you're referring to, a Bills fan who has NEVER picked the Bills in the many years of this thread, so as not to jinx them. 

If you want to post this ad hominem crap, take it elsewhere.  That kind of posting is not welcome in this thread.

Hey.  Dude. 

I CLEARLY retracted my comment. 

Don’t have to be a dick about it. 

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I didn't see the retraction.  Fair enough.  Retract the Richard in the above comment, and we're good.

Since you didn’t see my retraction, and I didn’t see the rules, all good. 

Back to picks.  Go Bills!!!

Edit: Richard retracted. 

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/4/2024 at 8:24 AM, oldmanfan said:

Bill 23, Fish 17.  I am concerned about our offense, and just not sure if we'll get good Josh or Bad Josh.  My guess is more Good Josh since he's played well against the Fish for the most part.  As for our defense, even last year in Miami in the heat and with most of our starting DBs out McD came up with a way to slow down their passing game.  I expect he will not let Hill win this game.

Our offensive game plan has to be to light up fins with the pass. 

I'm sick of spoiled quitters when it comes to Josh. I wish you become a patriot fan and leave this board because your already acting like it...

Bills by 100 or 1, just win the game. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, From Roc to Ky bills fan said:

Our offensive game plan has to be to light up fins with the pass. 

I'm sick of spoiled quitters when it comes to Josh. I wish you become a patriot fan and leave this board because your already acting like it...

Bills by 100 or 1, just win the game. 

I’m sick of people not being objective about our QB and as I said I expect Good Josh today. I’ve been a fan since opening day 1960.  I’m not going anywhere.

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, From Roc to Ky bills fan said:

I've been a bills fan since 1970. I think it be better if you kept your opinion of Josh to yourself...

I think we all get to express opinions here.  Like my saying we’ll win today because Josh will be Good Josh.  Now run along.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Congratulations to all who picked the Bills, well done!  With the final score Bills 21, Fish 14, the winners are:

Gold - @BuffaloBillies, 21-12, for a total difference of -1 points (3 points deducted for getting the Bills score exactly).  Our second two-time winner, joining @Gregg!

Silver - @VaMilBill, 21-17, for a total difference of 0 points (3 points deducted for getting the Bills score exactly).

Bronze - @BuffaloBillyG, 23-16, for a total difference of 4 points.

See you all next week for the Wild Card Round!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.